1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

fair trade?

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by dranthony2012, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Not sure what the bottle count of JK Aurelian lure is..... but would a bruery melange 9 (Hoarders society) grab me a bottle?

2. mph005

mph005 Aficionado (215) Texas Nov 25, 2013

Batch 1 was 400 bottles, so there's very little out there in trading land. You might be better off waiting until later this year when the new batch is ready (currently fermenting away), maybe in a few months.

3. ok thanks bud! would that be a fair trade though for you?

4. EJJ1848

EJJ1848 Savant (395) Minnesota Jun 24, 2013

Describe "fair"...
    Its a pretty ambiguous word in the beer trading world. I am a firm believer that if both parties involved are happy then its a "fair" trade. Beer isn't a commodity (although, many will act as if it is) when you start trying to maximize trade value and such , trading becomes much less fun.

Good Luck OP

JavaNoire, mhenson42 and Retrocentric like this.
  5. mph005

mph005 Aficionado (215) Texas Nov 25, 2013

yea this ^

If someone has a bottle and wants to do the deal, its fair.

6. WI-Beer-Man

WI-Beer-Man Savant (395) Wisconsin May 29, 2014

Whenever I see threads like this, I don't assume folks are trying to max out trades, instead I feel like they are trying to avoid threadshitting - asking if it is fair here vs throwing it up on the Trade Forum.

I haven't been on BA very long, but my advice (for what its worth = not much :) ) would be to toss up an offer on the Trade Forum with the caveat that you are open to discussions. If you are off, you'll find out by threadshitting or "crickets" in your inbox. If you need to adjust, you'll find out quickly.

7. let me rephrase the question then by asking do you guys seeing it get done in terms of myself offering up a melange 9 for an Aurelian lure. If not, would I need to add or does the Aurelian lure side need to add or do you see these two bottles going straight up 1:1

8. bahnfire

bahnfire Savant (465) Vermont Jan 17, 2011

I would not see Melange 9 going 1:1 with AL, at least batch 1. Maybe whenever when b2 comes out. But as it stands landing an AL currently takes serious effort. You would likely need to add considerably, or base the trade around a different beer entirely.

9. M9 would have to add

10. Abbbp

Abbbp Savant (455) Texas Mar 9, 2013

Melange would def need to add. Not because it's not tasty, but it's just not sought after as much IMHO, and thus the rare-ness is less for it. I've got an AL and I wouldn't consider it because I feel as though I might be able to land it other ways... However, I'm not being discouraging, with b2 confirmed to be released, many might be willing to let go of their AL. GL!

11. What about a mocha Wednesday for an AL?

12. Abbbp

Abbbp Savant (455) Texas Mar 9, 2013

Try posting it, wouldn't hurt, but today it might get ASSASINated

13. lol yeah I see that! it's crazy! I'll wait a few days haha

14. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

Batch 1 AL? Still dont think this will do it. 400 bottles, minus all that had already have been consumed, makes this VERY limited right now. Just wait until the next batch - its in a foeder, so there will be a LOT more of B2.

15. Sounds good!