1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

fair trade?

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by mrcraft, Jan 24, 2013.

1. mrcraft

mrcraft Advocate (595) California Dec 15, 2012

I'm new at trading, and while I think I have a decent idea of relative beer values, I'm not sure if I'm bringing enough to the table. I'm looking for Zombie Dust, Dreadnaught & Hopslam. I have RR PtE + Damnation for trade. I don't know what people in Indiana pay for their FFF's. I wanted to get feedback before I do the FT:ISO thread. Thx.
  2. That should work once you match up $4$
  3. mrcraft

thanks, sir.
  4. MrKennedy

MrKennedy Advocate (575) Australia Dec 29, 2006

Brewery prices are:

Zombie Dust @ $10 a 6 pack, or $35 for a case of 24.
    Dreadnaught @ $10 a bomber
    mrcraft likes this.
  5. You might have trouble finding someone willing to spend $10 to ship $20 worth of beer.
  6. I assume he has multiples of each.
  7. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

I shipped a $10 bomber for $12. =)
    Lordkrystic likes this.
  8. Mjmoser

Mjmoser Savant (400) Illinois May 6, 2012

Just think about how easy said beer is for a local to get and how much it cost them. The beers you mention are pretty easily obtainable for someone in Chicago or NWI....but we don't get any RR beers. Just make sure you send and receive freshies....
    mrcraft likes this.
  9. mrcraft

That's good point. I can get more and receive more. But, I think the fact that I can't get FFF at all in LA, and folks in Indiana or neighboring states can't get RR may outweigh the shipping costs, just so I and someone else can try them for the first time. I probably would not do a similar trade, subsequently.
  10. You might have a little better luck sending multiples. I just sent a 6 pack of PtE and some extras to NC. The value of the beer was +/- $50. Shipping was $18. That was a little better ratio.
  11. Sounds promising. You just have to post a FT/ISO and see what happens in reality.
  12. gpawned

gpawned Initiate (0) Illinois Jun 5, 2012

Zombie Dust easily ranges from $8.75 (brewery case price/pk) - $15.00/pk (some Chicago bottle shops). Dreadnaught bombers are $10-14 typically. Don't think someone is necessarily trying to rip you off if they claim they paid more.
  13. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

Hopslam is around $18 a sixer from my experience.

RR goodies should easily trade for FFF goodies and Hopslam as well.