1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Fantasy Baseball

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Pando, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Pando

Pando Savant (415) Connecticut Dec 5, 2011

Well my team will not be playing in the Superbowl so now I'm starting to think about baseball and the start of Fantasy Baseball......however, Go Pats!

Anyone interested BM me with: Your name (first & last), email address (also yahoo email address if not the same), City and State

1. Buy-in is 110 oz of beer

2. Beers must be from “Winners Wants”, “Beers not available in their area”, or “Beers talked about between each other”

3. Every team pays and the Top 3 positions get paid (1st place picks 6 payees, 2nd place picks 4 payees, 3rd place gets last 2 payees)

4. 12-team Roto league (8x8) -- Batting – R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, AVG, Pitching – W, SV, K, GIDP, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, QS

5. Must be active manager and have yahoo background for fantasy sports

6. Cell numbers must be provided (goes back to active manager and makes easy for trade talk through texts). Physical addresses will also need to be provided for the shipments.

7. Yahoo decides trades

8. Shipments must be sent 2 weeks after the “payee” list is sent out

9. Must have solid BA trading history (it will be checked)

10. Drafting position will be known ahead of time (randomly selected by commissioner/computer)

Once the players are picked it will be posted.

2. FosterJM

FosterJM Champion (835) California Nov 16, 2009

You should move this to the trading forum for a BIF/LIF.

Cheers!

3. Pando

Do you know how to? Wasn't really sure where I should post it.

4. chrisp450

chrisp450 Savant (300) Minnesota Oct 23, 2012

I'm interested. Did you mean to post this in beer trading?

5. Pando

I wasn't sure where but I guess that is where this should go. Not sure how to delete and move....or should I just cut and paste a new one?

6. coachdicarlo

coachdicarlo Initiate (0) Missouri Apr 20, 2012

Definitely interested in this

7. patm1986

patm1986 Savant (365) New Jersey Aug 11, 2010

am i understanding this correctly: members offer 110 oz of beer to a "prize pot," and the winner gets to pick which lots he wants? explain this buy-in.

8. Pando

All 12 teams (managers) buy 110 oz of beer. The winner picks 6 of the managers he wants to send him their beer. 2nd place then picks 4 of the managers he wants to send him their beer. 3rd place team gets the last 2 managers to send him their beer. If you didn't place in the top 3, think of it as trading without receiving a box back.

9. BM Sent. I would love to get in on this.

10. Why 110 oz? What assortment of beer sizes add up to that number?

11. Just to clarify...Everyone is buying the beers next fall, presumably? And the winners are contributing 110 oz to the pot, and getting back 220, 440, or 660 oz?

12. Pando

I based it on 5 bombers but the minimum is 110 oz.

13. Duffman929

Duffman929 Savant (380) Illinois Nov 27, 2010

There are various ways to go, but normally the winner or winners have selection of person they want (either based on area of locals or whatever bottles they say they are putting up). If the winner decides to select their own in order to not ship, that is an option. We did the winners do not have to ship in one league and the other, the 3 guys agreed not to pick any of the other 2 guys offerings and then selected their own with the last pick we had. Both worked out well, but I recommend having clear expectations of what the trading is prior to drafting.

14. Pando

Yes. It's BIF

If you win the league you send your buy-in package to either the 2nd or 3rd place winner. You will then receive 6 buy-in packages from the managers you choose.

If you come in 2nd, you send your buy-in package to either the 1st or 3rd place team. You will then receive 4 buy-in packages from the managers you choose

If you come in 3rd, you send your buy-in package to either the 1st or 2nd place team. You will then receive packages from the two remaining managers.

If you do not come in the top 3, you send out your buy-in package to the manager who chose you (list will be sent at the end of season)

15. Pando

For all those who responded so far I'll hopefully be able to get back to everyone tonight. If not I should be able to do it by tomorrow.

16. chrisp450

chrisp450 Savant (300) Minnesota Oct 23, 2012

Hope you got in on this. If you're gonna beat me at hockey, I at least want a shot to redeem myself at baseball!

17. Duffman929

Duffman929 Savant (380) Illinois Nov 27, 2010

I am already in 4 keeper leagues, with 2 being beer ones. I have problems, but I know my limit!

18. BM sent. Cant wait for baseball to start!

19. Pando

Looking for one more manager so if you want in hit me up.

20. Pando

One more manager needed if anyone wants in. Need a solid trading history.

21. Pando

All full. Thanks guys

22. Pando

Had a guy just drop out. Anyone want to take his spot? BM me.

23. johnyb

johnyb Advocate (575) Florida Aug 11, 2012

BM sent, let me know if you still need someone.

24. Pando

All set again guys. Thanks