Dismiss Notice
Save $5 when you subscribe to 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine by selecting auto-renew.

Subscribe now →
Dismiss Notice
Join Our Email List →

And we'll send you the latest updates and offers from BeerAdvocate, because knowing is half the battle.
Dismiss Notice

Pre-order your Respect Beer "Hipster" Hoodie today!

Plus: Free shipping (US only) on orders of $25 or more until 12/18/15. Just select "Free Shipping" at checkout.

Shop now →

FAQ: BeerAdvocate magazine

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate magazine' started by Todd, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd

Todd Founder (1,685) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member Verified

2. Todd

Why should I subscribe?
    Because you like fresh beer content delivered to your mailbox each month and feel compelled to support our ongoing beer advocacy efforts and the craft beer industry as a whole.

How many pages is the mag?
    72 pages + cover as of issue #100 (May 2015)
  3. Todd

Print Subscriptions

How do I subscribe to the print version?
    Head to the checkout page.

Can I send a gift subscription?
    Simply check "I'm gifting this to someone" on the checkout page and complete the required information.

Do you accept international print subscriptions and renewals?
    Yes, but additional fees will apply.

If I subscribe now, what issue will I start with?
    Orders placed on or before the 14th of each month will start with the following month's issue.

Example: If you ordered on January 10, your first issue would be Feb. If you ordered on January 15, your first issue would be March.

When can I expect my first issue?
    Please allow 4-8 weeks for your first copy to arrive.

When do issues ship each month?
    Depending on scheduling, issues ship the end or beginning of each month. It can take 2-20 business days to reach subscribers in the US or longer for international orders. We're constantly working with USPS to improve the lag time, so please be patient.

What if my magazine never arrived?
    Delays and errors can occur, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact us to report the issue, and include the name, email, and address associated with the order.

How do I change my mailing address?
    See: Renewing & Managing Your Subscription

Note: While the update is immediate, you may miss an issue if you waited too long to update your address with us.

My issue arrived damaged. What's up with that?
    Damaged issues do happen. Reasons can range from handing at the printers to USPS sorting/delivery handling issues. We apologize if this has happened to you. Please contact us to report the issue, including all of your relevant subscriber info.

How many issues do I have left?
    This will be printing on your mailing label or you can login to manage your subscription and find out.

How do I merge a duplicate subscription?
    Please contact us with all of your relevant subscriber info.

Do you send sample issues?

Do you sell back issues?
    Yes. While supplies last in the BeerAdvocate Store.

Do you offer bulk / discounted rates?

Can I get a refund?
    No. We don't offer refunds, or partial refunds, on subscriptions.

What's the deal with Founding Subscribers?
    Founding Subscribers was a one-time deal from May 2006 to October 6, 2006 with the promise that subscribers during the timeframe would never pay more than $19.95 per year, for life. International shipping fees may apply. Offer may become invalid if the subscription becomes inactive for a long period of time.
  4. Todd

Subscriptions (Digital)

Do you offer a digital version?

Get it on Google Play Newsstand
    For Android and Google Chrome. (Preferred for Android users.)

Get it on Magzter
    For Apple / iOS, Android, Web, Amazon, Windows 8, Samsung.

Regional, OS, and platform limitations may apply.

I already subscribe to the print version. Can I get the digital version too?
    Not at this time. Print and digital versions are offered and operated as completely different services. And the digital services don't offer the ability for us to sync with print.

Who do I contact about my digital subscription?
    You'll need to refer to the appropriate help for your digital service of choice. Look in the app for help tools or the above links for more.
  5. Todd

Renewing & Managing Your Subscription

How do I renew my subscription?
    How do I change my address?

If you're an existing subscriber prior to October 7, 2015, or don't have access to your renewal code #, follow these steps:
    1. Head to the management page.
    2. Select "Forgot Password?"
    3. Enter in your email and submit. You'll be sent a new password.
    4. Return to the management page and use your email and new password to log in.
    If you subscribed on or after October 7, 2015, simply follow step 1 and login with your zip code and renewal code #. Found on your label or email receipt.

What if I can't login?
    Please contact us with all of your relevant subscriber info.

How do I renew a subscription for another person?
    If you don't have their renewal code #, simply purchase a new subscription as a gift. The system will attempt to find them. If their not found and a duplicate subscription is created, we can always merge them later.
  6. Todd

Do you sell BA mag at retail locations / newsstands?
    No. BA mag is available by subscription only or for free at select locations in the US.

Can I carry BeerAdvocate magazine at my bar or brewery?
    Please contact us with your interest and establishment information.
  7. Todd

Contributors' Guidelines

How can I contribute content to BeerAdvocate magazine?
    While we welcome pitches from new writers, we encourage interested contributors to refer to the following guidelines before contacting the magazine:

We don't have a strict set of guidelines, but we do look for short news items, profiles and features with a timely, hard news angle on topics that haven't been covered before. And we prefer to work with experienced journalists, so please send a few published clips with any queries. We're looking for writers who can tell us what our readers need to know, why, and why now. Also, we typically don't consider pitches that revolve around beer releases or events.

Keep your pitches brief, and make sure they're error free before you hit "send." We aren't interested in unsolicited manuscripts and we will not consider previously published work. Please check out some back issue posts before emailing [email protected] your best story ideas.​

Thanks for your interest.
  8. Todd

riversglow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.