1. American Craft Beer Fest is this weekend in Boston, Mass. Join us for 640+ beers from 140+ brewers! Tickets for Friday, May 29 are still available. Cheers!

FAQ: BeerAdvocate magazine

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate magazine' started by Todd, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd

Todd Founder (1,650) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

2. Todd

3. Todd

Print Subscriptions

How do I subscribe to the print version? Or send a gift subscription?
    http://store.beeradvocate.com/products/beeradvocate-magazine-print-subscription

US orders only.

Why US only? What happened to international print subscriptions and renewals?
    Delivery was unreliable and shipping costs too high. Offering something that we can't guarantee due to issues that are out of our control didn't sit well with us. As such, we've put a hold on all new print subscriptions and renewals.

If I subscribe now, what issue will I start with?
    Orders placed on or before the 14th of each month will start with the following month's issue.

Example: If you ordered on January 10, your first issue would be Feb. If you ordered on January 15, your first issue would be March.

When can I expect my first issue?
    Please allow 4-8 weeks for your first copy to arrive.

When do issues ship each month?
    Depending on scheduling, issues ship the end or beginning of each month. It can take 2-20 business days to reach subscribers in the US or longer for international orders. We're constantly working with USPS to improve the lag time, so please be patient.

What if my magazine never arrived?
    Delays and errors can occur, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact us to report the issue, and include the name, email, and address associated with the order.

How do I change my mailing address?
    Please use our Change of Address Form, and allow 4-8 weeks for the change to take effect. Please note that our magazine will not get forwarded by the post office, so it's important that you keep us updated.

What's my Subscription Id number?
    Your Subscription Id # can be found on the label, just above your name and address. If you can't find it, please contact us.

When does my subscription expire?
    Your Subscription Expiration Date can be found on your label. Look for "EXP:MM/YYYY" above your name and address.

I renewed, so why hasn't my Subscription Expiration Date been updated?
    It can take 30-60 days for this update to occur.

My issue arrived damaged. What's up with that?
    Damaged issues do happen. Reasons can range from handing at the printers to USPS sorting/delivery handling issues. We apologize if this has happened to you. Please contact us to report the issue, including all of your relevant subscriber info.

How do I merge a duplicate subscription?
    Please contact us with all of your relevant subscriber info.

Do you send sample issues?
    No.

Do you sell back issues?
    Yes. While supplies last in the BeerAdvocate Store.

Do you offer bulk / discounted rates?
    No.

Can I get a refund?
    No. We don't offer refunds, or partial refunds, on subscriptions.

4. Todd

Subscriptions (Digital)

Do you offer a digital version?
    Yes.
    Each offer annual subscriptions and in-app purchases of single issues. Regional, OS, and platform limitations may apply.

I already subscribe to the print version. Can I get the digital version too?
    Not at this time. Print and digital versions are offered and operated as completely different services. And the listed digital services don't offer the ability for us to sync with print.

Who do I contact about my digital subscription?
    You'll need to refer to the appropriate help for your digital service of choice. Look in the app for help tools or the above links for more.

5. Todd

6. Todd

Distribution

Do you sell BA mag at retail locations / newsstands?
    No. BA mag is available by subscription only or for free at select locations in the US.

Can I carry BeerAdvocate magazine at my bar or brewery?
    Please contact us with your interest and establishment information.

7. Todd

Contributions

How can I contribute content to BeerAdvocate magazine?
    While we welcome pitches from new writers, we encourage interested contributors to refer to the following guidelines before contacting the magazine:

We don't have a strict set of guidelines, but we do look for short news items, profiles and features with a timely, hard news angle on topics that haven't been covered before. And we prefer to work with experienced journalists, so please send a few published clips with any queries. We're looking for writers who can tell us what our readers need to know, why, and why now. Also, we typically don't consider pitches that revolve around beer releases or events.

Keep your pitches brief, and make sure they're error free before you hit "send." We aren't interested in unsolicited manuscripts and we will not consider previously published work. Please check out some back issue posts before emailing [email protected] your best story ideas.​

Thanks for your interest.

8. Todd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.