1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Fat Heads - Hop JuJu Imperial IPA

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by BottleCaps80, Nov 15, 2013.

1. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Advocate (635) Iowa Jan 12, 2013

The 2013 GBAF Gold Medal winning IIPA is coming to 12oz. bottles! 9% ABV and 100 IBU.

[​IMG]

Sqratch, KevSal, josephwa and 7 others like this.
  2. DogfishJoe

DogfishJoe Savant (470) Ohio Feb 14, 2010

is their a release date? btw this is a great beer like headhunter x2 with a little bit of sweetness

3. BB1313

BB1313 Champion (805) Ohio Jul 16, 2009

It's about time! Some of the best beer news I've heard all year..

4. deuce9259

deuce9259 Savant (310) Ohio Dec 28, 2011

Good JuJu...hopefully in NW Ohio asap!

CircusBoy likes this.
  5. DogfishJoe

i also heard that their trailhead pale ale is going into cans! Im very excite!

TinCup69 likes this.
  6. BB1313

BB1313 Champion (805) Ohio Jul 16, 2009

That would be amazing.. Trail Head is world-class IMO..

DogfishJoe likes this.
  7. DogfishJoe

i agree i tried it when it first came out and it was great, very drinkable and hoppy

BB1313 likes this.
  8. Stigs

Stigs Advocate (595) Pennsylvania Jun 3, 2005

Talked to GM of Fat Head's the other day, he said February release with some draft appearing late Jan.

Hophead21 likes this.
  9. Shmuffalo

Shmuffalo Savant (310) Pennsylvania Feb 26, 2012

10. Shmuffalo

Shmuffalo Savant (310) Pennsylvania Feb 26, 2012

YES!

11. Word. I might just post up at Fathead's tomorrow to watch the OSU game.

We be so spoiled in these parts :cool:

Fitz513 and Christopper like this.
  12. BeerCanInMyPants

BeerCanInMyPants Initiate (15) Ohio Nov 15, 2013

Curtains, Im bout to get blacked out on this shit

Lordquackingstic likes this.
  13. A thousand times yes. If they can Trail Head I will pass out from excitement.

14. BeerCanInMyPants

BeerCanInMyPants Initiate (15) Ohio Nov 15, 2013

it wont be as good as Trail Head though, that stuff is off da hook

15. pep

pep Savant (400) Pennsylvania Jun 3, 2012

I went to Pittsburgh and went to fat head. The food and beer is off the charts. I hope this will be available in Bethlehem. But, then again we have weyerbacker and I love that company.

16. Dan_Bowman

Dan_Bowman Savant (270) Ohio Apr 11, 2010

This is great news! Hope it is true about Trail Head too

17. beerhan

beerhan Savant (400) Ohio Apr 28, 2010

Amazing news!

Now what are the chances of liquid courage being bottled someday?

BB1313 likes this.
  18. Any updates or sightings of this yet? My local distributor gets a good amount of fat heads and I have been waiting for this so just curious if anyone has seen bottles around yet? Or if it hasn't been released for distro yet.

19. JohnnyMc

JohnnyMc Savant (425) Ohio Feb 14, 2012

On Fat Head's Facebook page they just announced today that it will be hitting shelves around here starting Feb. 21st so keep your eyes peeled! They just tapped it the other day at the N. Olmsted Ohio brewpub so bars should be getting kegs soon.

tbaker397 and DogfishJoe like this.
  20. Thanks for the update!!

21. JohnnyMc

JohnnyMc Savant (425) Ohio Feb 14, 2012

No problem man. Glad you guys in West Virginia are getting some of the Fat Head's love! Hopefully some kegs will make it your way too. Cheers!

22. cyrushire

cyrushire Advocate (655) Florida May 25, 2012

hope to see this in florida too. it looks delicious!

23. LePerms

LePerms Disciple (60) Wyoming Sep 9, 2009

Don't forget the *

24. REDSOXIPAGUY

REDSOXIPAGUY Savant (410) Ohio Sep 16, 2013

Went to the brewery yesterday and they said it will not be for sale at the brewery. They can only sell it to go if they brew it there and not at their main brewery. I must say its a damn tasty beer

25. never had the double ipa but head hunter ''their regular ipa" is great and tastes better and more flavorfull fresh than a lot of dipas from other companies. i can't wait to try their imperial. i live about 45 mins north of pittsburgh so i have a good chance of getting it. they are a little pricey around me. Head Hunter costs me 55 for a case

creepinjeeper likes this.
  26. REDSOXIPAGUY

REDSOXIPAGUY Savant (410) Ohio Sep 16, 2013

It's delicious. I'm going back to the brewery today to have it again

27. Torch_Lake

Torch_Lake Aficionado (165) Ohio Aug 4, 2013

I had this yesterday at the brewery. It's a wonderfully over-driven DIPA. Seek it out!

28. jampics2

jampics2 Advocate (730) Ohio Dec 19, 2008

First off, a bit confusing as you refer to brewery and main brewery, but I believe what you're saying is they don't plan on selling JuJu at the North Olmstead Brewery and Saloon since it's made at the Middleburg Heights Production Brewery and Tap Room. That could very well be the case.

However, the reason given to you isn't accurate at all - they've recently sold Head Hunter bottles to-go at North Olmstead and that hasn't been bottled in-house for years. They've also had Three Floyds products for sale there "to go". The difference is they just have to get it via distribution instead of bottling it onsite or running over their own truck. But there's no rule saying they couldn't.

At any rate, I can't wait for JuJu bottles!!

TonyJ815 likes this.
  29. Trail Head IN CANS!!?!?!? Can't wait for Hop JuJu and Sunshine Daydream.

BorisKarloff likes this.
  30. My name is WVbeergeek and I approve this post!!!

trep likes this.
  31. Who wouldn't want to try to beer that defeated the venerable Permenant Funeral at the GABF. PF is amazing. I can only imagine what JuJu tastes like......

32. http://beerpulse.com/2014/02/fat-he...-gold-medalist-hits-market-in-two-weeks-2418/

(Middleburg Heights, OH) – Fat Head’s Brewery announced an upcoming beer release in Sunday’s email newsletter. More below…

Top Hop! At the 2013 Great American Beer Festival, Hop JuJu won Gold, outshining 148 other competitors in the 2nd largest category of entry: Imperial India Pale Ale. For us, brewing this supernatural beer with a “reckless use of hops” is a labor of love (with just a little witchcraft) and now we’ve bottled it up for you to enjoy…

Fat Head’s Hop JuJu Imperial IPA, will be pre-released in bottles exclusively at the Production Brewery and Tap House on Thursday, February 13, 2014. This love potion has a powerhouse of hops and clocks in at 9% ABV with 100 IBU. With big aromas and flavors of citrus, pine and tropical fruits, you’ll fall Head over heels in love, just in time for Valentine’s Day.

Throughout our special pre-release, sales will be limited to one case per person per day. The official roll-out begins February 21st. Hop JuJu will see extremely limited availability throughout Ohio & Western PA in the weeks to follow. Ask for it at your favorite bottle shop or distributor and look for it on draft.

Pre-release sales only at Fat Head’s Production Brewery & Tap House
    18741 Sheldon Road, Middleburg Heights, OH, 44130 Get Directions

Fat Head’s Saloon, Pittsburgh will also have a limited supply available this Friday, February 14th. Sales will be restricted to two 4-packs per person per day.

33. Swik

Swik Savant (290) Indiana Oct 2, 2012

Well sounds like NE Indiana is s.o.l. drive to Ohio in near future???

34. A2HB

A2HB Aficionado (150) Michigan Oct 30, 2013

Do they sell this in Michigan?

35. OH, IN, western PA.

36. Jeffries55

Jeffries55 Savant (395) Ohio Sep 5, 2013

Well, banking on extremely limited distribution to SW Ohio, if any, so that said. ISO!!!!

37. Josbor11

Josbor11 Savant (375) Ohio Dec 21, 2013

So will North Olmsted location not have it for sale on Thurs?

38. No. Only in Middleburgh Heights per the direct message from Fathead's.

39. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (535) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

I'll be there in 2 weeks, hopefully they still have it available.

40. Heres the scoop. The Fatheads brewery and saloon has for years now sold 4 packs and 6 packs to go, along with guest beers such as three floyds (as another BA'er stated). However, apparently (as I was told) a "higher up" made a mistake and didn't renew a certain license so they are not allowed to sell and guest beverages or 4 packs/6 packs to go from their North Olmstead location. They said it will all be fixed in a month or two but Hop JuJu will only be available at the Middleburg Heights location on February 13th. It will then be hitting shelves/shipped out to other stores in a limited capacity on February 21st. This is what I was told from Fatheads staff. Hope this helps!