1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Fat Heads - Hop JuJu Imperial IPA

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by BottleCaps80, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Trautwein09

Trautwein09 Aficionado (135) Ohio Mar 25, 2013

Great Thanx !

2. HopAttack3

HopAttack3 Savant (345) Virginia Sep 15, 2011

Is it hitting Pittsburgh soon? Gonna have to make a drive to get some me thinks...

3. SpartyJoe

SpartyJoe Savant (335) Ohio Nov 30, 2013

Picked some up at the brewery in Middleburg Heights. It is outstanding. Methinks I'll have to run down there and grab more. Now if they would just bottle Trail Head and IBUsive, we'll be all set.

ChrisMon02 and MikeCactusGordon like this.
  4. Mattyice4

Mattyice4 Aficionado (170) Georgia Jan 29, 2014

Does this come to GA?

5. mps

mps Savant (295) Ohio Jul 27, 2013

Out in Lakewood at Simone's...guy said they only got two cases on their allotment

6. mps

My understanding is mostly Ohio and some to Pittsburgh.

7. GOBLIN

GOBLIN Savant (380) Ohio Mar 3, 2013

Yeah, I was told by the owner of my local beer shop that I will see this on the shelf Friday . . . And I always seem to beat the crowd.

8. My distributor is on the lookout for me. He's like the UPS man, he always delivers. But this one worries me. I think it's going to be a bitch to find.

9. kgncfl

kgncfl Savant (365) Ohio Dec 24, 2013

I heard Friday in the Columbus area as well. From two different sources.

10. charlzm

charlzm Champion (800) California Sep 3, 2007

Fat Heads in California? If only it weren't a one-off for a festival...

11. HaleNo85

HaleNo85 Aficionado (120) Ohio Sep 12, 2012

heard from the distributor that it wasn't going to make it to columbus bc of a shortage.

12. Vondiggity

Vondiggity Aficionado (135) Ohio Oct 18, 2013

I was just told the same thing from Cavalier, that due to a shortage it would only be distributed in Cleveland and would not be available in Columbus or Cincinnati. Very disappointing. Normally I wouldn't mind, but they released information stating it would be available state wide, and now they are changing their minds. Why did they have to get our hopes up only to dash them?

13. Finally, a winner stays in Cleveland!

But seriously, that's a bummer if true.

[​IMG]

14. HopAttack3

HopAttack3 Savant (345) Virginia Sep 15, 2011

Got a buddy in Pittsburgh until Friday, he's gonna keep a look out

15. Mshull

Mshull Aficionado (215) Ohio Mar 26, 2013

Hop juju available in northeast ohio stores today

16. Christopper

Christopper Savant (255) New York Nov 14, 2012

was going to offer up a few bottles to the cause myself.

PA-Michigander likes this.
  17. Christopper

Christopper Savant (255) New York Nov 14, 2012

won't see GA unless you trade for it.

18. I heard JuJu is on tap in Columbus today in Worthington, OH. Pies and Pints or something.

19. sjc83

sjc83 Aficionado (130) Ohio Apr 4, 2013

Most shops in the Cleveland area only got 1 case I grabbed 2 4 packs today.

20. Cbing6

Cbing6 Aficionado (155) Ohio May 15, 2011

Lizardville in Copley had 15+ cases as of yesterday at 6pm

riemster likes this.
  21. GOBLIN

I was just thinking . . . I was super excited about the Great Lakes Chillwave release this year. I had it last year and it was fantastic. (easily top 5 of 2013) But ever since I heard about JuJu the Chillwave has takin' a backseat. JuJu has got to be the most hyped ohio brew in a long time.

22. GOBLIN

Maybe
    Maybe they're just messin' with our heads. I hope this is the case anyway. It seems to me that it would not be good PR move to just get everybody excited then not deliver.

23. Rfrick11

Rfrick11 Zealot (90) Ohio May 21, 2013

Still
    This is interesting. I got an email from Cavalier today saying to expect JuJu on shelves in cincy and columbus early next week, as they aren't receiving it until late this week.

24. Hacksaw99

Hacksaw99 Aficionado (220) Ohio Oct 17, 2008

[​IMG]
    It's out in North Olmsted

Matthew1788 likes this.
  25. REDSOXIPAGUY

REDSOXIPAGUY Savant (410) Ohio Sep 16, 2013

Just picked some up in fairview park. I can't wait for Friday to drink it

26. Vondiggity

Vondiggity Aficionado (135) Ohio Oct 18, 2013

I called them this afternoon and that was what I was told. I really hope you are right as I would love to see this in Cincy.

deadonhisfeet likes this.
  27. If anyone is coming up to CLE this Saturday from out of town to hit up the BA beer tasting event BM me if you want to secure some JuJu. Might be sold out by then or would involve some hunting. Happy to help some BA's if I can.

28. kgncfl

kgncfl Savant (365) Ohio Dec 24, 2013

My two guys are sticking to their story that it will be available here in Columbus, as early as Friday. I'm holding out hope.

29. averse

averse Aficionado (135) Ohio Feb 14, 2012

I'm going to be driving through Cleveland on the way to the in-laws in Western NY on Friday after work. I usually just take 90 straight through. I was hoping I could stop somewhere close to 90 and pick up some bottles of Hop JuJu instead of hoping a shop near me in NW Ohio gets some next week. What is the closest location to 90 that would still have JuJu Friday evening?

30. mps

Not sure how much they have left at this point but I still think the Brewery in Middleburg Heights might be your best bet. They had plenty still Sunday and were closed Mon/Tues. It's a little ways off 90 but not too far and might be less of a crap shoot as most of the stores I've talked to only got a few cases of it.

31. averse

averse Aficionado (135) Ohio Feb 14, 2012

Thanks mps. The brewery is the Lorain Rd, North Olmsted address I assume? It doesn't look too far off of 90.

32. fiver29

fiver29 Savant (415) Ohio Sep 18, 2007

Nope. It's here: Fat Head's Brewery, 18741 Sheldon Road, Middleburg Heights, OH

The North Olmsted location is where the brewpub is located. The brewery doesn't open until 4 PM FYI

33. Mcj6986

Mcj6986 Aficionado (120) Ohio Dec 14, 2013

This stuff is amazing... This is definitely a big deal for Ohio, especially when it comes to ammo for trading. I think this stuff holds its own against Pliny, ZD, Permanent Funeral and other big dog Ipas/Pale Ales... Give this one some time to make it around in bottles via trade and what not, and it will be HIGHLY sought after in the next year!

SpartyJoe likes this.
  34. end_27

end_27 Advocate (515) Illinois Sep 23, 2012

So looking forward to the "JuJu's" that @mps was able to nab for me and a few other tasty treats. I absolutely love Fat Head's. Went there to visit friends and they knew I was a big craft beer guy. Never heard of FH at that time but I was sure to put them on my list to frequent after that experience. Their wings are some of the best I've EVER had too!

35. sjc83

sjc83 Aficionado (130) Ohio Apr 4, 2013

Wings are terrible, I hate smoked wings.

36. csoult

csoult Savant (270) Pennsylvania Jan 30, 2014

Are you in SC? Because if you are and you find out, a heads up would be appreciated.

37. Just saw this went on tap in in CT at Pies and Pints. I'll have to try not to drink my Gandhi Bot and give this beer a try. Won't be easy seeing NE's GB tap staring me down and ordering something else.

38. masterofsparks

masterofsparks Advocate (515) Ohio Nov 15, 2009

Great post.

RyanMcFly1985, BorisKarloff and sjc83 like this.
  39. ScottJWing

ScottJWing Savant (390) Ohio Aug 21, 2013

Just saw on Beer Menus it's on tap at Yellow Brick in OTE Columbus. Gotta head over there today or tomorrow and check this out. Really hope that rumor of a shortage and no bottle distro to Columbus isn't for real.

40. Don't forget your 512 oz. JuJu Growler Belt! Take full advantage of that draft availability Buckeyes!

[​IMG]
    Please do not growler belt and drive