1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Fat Heads - Hop JuJu Imperial IPA

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by BottleCaps80, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Not since I graduated in '10. I live in Pittsburgh currently.

2. csoult

csoult Savant (270) Pennsylvania Jan 30, 2014

ok thanks

3. averse

averse Aficionado (125) Ohio Feb 14, 2012

Thanks. Does the brewpub sell bottles also or only at the brewery? Looks like the brewpub is much closer to 90 than the brewery.

4. fiver29

fiver29 Savant (415) Ohio Sep 18, 2007

I'm not sure. Someone told me they were only selling it at the brewery. But I haven't been to the brewpub so I don't really know. You could call and ask. I'm sure they will tell you.

5. Call and ask, but I'd go to the Tap House in Middleburgh Heights. Make sure you check the hours of operation there as well. They are limited.

6. Hacksaw99

Hacksaw99 Aficionado (220) Ohio Oct 17, 2008

Hop Ju Ju is in stores too. Got mine from the Convenient store on Lorain Rd near Clague in North Olmsted, 1 mile from restaurant.

7. jampics2

jampics2 Advocate (720) Ohio Dec 19, 2008

They have a licensing / permit hiccup right now that they're dealing with so there are no bottles sold to-go from the brewpub in North Olmstead right now.

8. zimm421

zimm421 Savant (405) Ohio Jan 24, 2009

Sitting at the bar drinking one right now. Also hoping to be able to grab a few bottles, but the distro rumors worry me... Planning on having a buddy in Cleveland find me some for me, but won't be able to get it from him for a while. Gotta get it fresh!

9. SpartyJoe

SpartyJoe Savant (325) Ohio Nov 30, 2013

Warehouse Beverage in South Euclid has some as of yesterday. It's not too far out of your way.

10. kgncfl

kgncfl Savant (335) Ohio Dec 24, 2013

They had it at Pies & Pints in Worthington. I had the second to last glass. Very tasty. I'm hearing that liquor stores in Columbus will start having it as early as tomorrow. I'm hearing hit or miss by shop.

11. mps

mps Savant (285) Ohio Jul 27, 2013

They were down to four 4 packs last night.

12. Dan3279

Dan3279 Savant (305) Ohio Dec 21, 2010

I posted an ISO/FT of A four pack of JuJu for either Rich Life and Blackrr and got zero responses. I thought it would be easy. I can get a couple more four packs if need be.

13. RVigz

RVigz Aficionado (245) Pennsylvania Jan 22, 2014

Sign me up for a couple cases!!

14. GOBLIN

GOBLIN Savant (380) Ohio Mar 3, 2013

Owner of my local shop told me today that the Cavalier guy told him that his mother in law's brother's cousin's girlfriend said that we might get a case here just north of Columbus next week . . . Maybe. Not the few cases they were expecting this week, lastweek. Did everybody follow that ? In short, as us Browns fans are use to saying . . . Maybe next season.

15. HopAttack3

HopAttack3 Savant (300) Virginia Sep 15, 2011

Buddy of mine was at the brewpub last nite in Pittsburgh, they had 30 cases last Friday, gone in less than 2 hours, also went through 3 kegs on that day alone...

They "might" have more on Monday the 24th, if they do, one 4 pack per person, NO growler fills if they have kegs...

16. I got the last 11 bottles at my local in Steubenville Ohio I want more!!!

17. SomethingClever

SomethingClever Advocate (585) Ohio Feb 22, 2013

bastard! I only bought 2 4s because I wasn't sure I'd like it, AND she said someone came in and wiped them out

18. same shop Valley Wine, I'm sorry bro!

19. PaulyB83

PaulyB83 Advocate (525) Michigan Sep 1, 2013

I'm in Columbus for the weekend and I just had a few glasses of this at Yellow Brick Pizza. Very dank with a lot of tangerine. I also had some BODHI for the first time today and I gotta say I preferred the BODHI to this. I think Head Hunter and BODHI are tied as Ohio's best IPAs.

20. mquartuccio87

mquartuccio87 Savant (305) New York Jun 10, 2013

Cant wait to try some of this

21. I still think I prefer fresh HT and Bodhi to juju but it's close. All are excellent.

got some Gandhi-Bot coming in next week...interested to try that one.

PaulyB83 likes this.
  22. stain3000

stain3000 Aficionado (150) Ohio Feb 26, 2010

Just heard Columbus will be getting bottles next week from my rep. We will see.

23. Wow see dude thats so weird cuz I head that the cavalier guy's grandfather's dentist's uncle's best friend's nephew's dog walker talked to the cavalier guy and he told him that when he talked to his best friend's brother-in-law's cat sitter's great great aunt, that she said hes a chump. And that the steelers suck, woot! woot!

GOBLIN likes this.
  24. GOBLIN

Nice, but where is my JuJu ? Just doesn't seem right that somewhere there is a Steelers fan sippin' on this Ohio brew right now and I'm not ! Sigh . . .

25. My good sir, you come find me and you'll have some JuJu waitin for ya :) I'll always help a fellow Browns player in need. But then again lets be real, we're browns fans, when are we not in need of traumatic emotional support?

Matthew1788 likes this.
  26. Blueribbon666

Blueribbon666 Advocate (500) Ohio Jul 4, 2008

Great...now if someone could get the "higher up" some help...or perhaps a post it & a crayon, that would be super!

27. Josbor11

Josbor11 Savant (365) Ohio Dec 21, 2013

Out of curiosity, how many reviews and/or ratings does a beer need before it cracks the Top 250 list? This is sitting at 4.50 right now which would theoretically put it in the top 30 but its not on the list at all.

28. sjc83

sjc83 Aficionado (130) Ohio Apr 4, 2013

Just popped up on our order sheet at Trader Joe's (Woodmere) we ordered 15 cases doubt we'll get it but worth shot.

29. JohnnyMc

JohnnyMc Savant (425) Ohio Feb 14, 2012

I believe it has to have AT LEAST 100 ratings/reviews before it will be on the list. Probably takes a little while for the list to update after the beer has made the minimum requirements though.

30. Picked up a case at the brewery today. Did a side by side sampler of juju and headhunter and juju is leaps and bounds better. Really reminds me of Sucks

31. dmhurdle

dmhurdle Savant (255) Michigan Apr 30, 2013

Reason why it's so low is because before the bottle release this didn't get as high of reviews. If you omitted those reviews JuJu would have about a guesstimated 4.70-4.85. Just my 2 cents.

32. I just had this for the first time last night and I am blown away how good it is.

Black_Rider, riemster and laglocal like this.
  33. Shmuffalo

Shmuffalo Savant (310) Pennsylvania Feb 26, 2012

I remember it being rated well, but not this high. The praise this beer is getting isn't what I expected, but it's definitely deserved. I don't know if it has changed since I've had it last, but this is one of the best IPAs I have ever had.

34. robgage

robgage Savant (370) Pennsylvania Dec 19, 2013

Just to confirm... Fat Heads Saloon in Pittsburgh DID get a few cases in today! Still enforcing an 8 bottle limit. Raised the price to $14.99.

35. JohnnyMc

Really? That blows. Was it originally set at the $12.99 price?

36. robgage

robgage Savant (370) Pennsylvania Dec 19, 2013

Yeah... I bought some on the 14th and it was $12.99... went today and they raised it to $14.99

37. JohnnyMc

Wow. That's really not cool. It's an awesome beer, but no reason to screw their customers.

Black_Rider likes this.
  38. GOBLIN

Alot of midwest guys here and I would imagine we can get Fatheads just about anytime we want. I always like to have some Headhunter on hand. I really think they're dropping the ball on this one guys. I mean, I know they had to have anticipated this release being so hyped up. Everybody in Ohio and some of Pa was supposed to get this last week. Now who knows when we'll get it. On top of that they're starting to jack up the price on us too ? C'mon Fatheads . . . Get it together !

39. redrocker

redrocker Aficionado (140) Ohio May 9, 2007

Grabbed a 4 pack from a local bottle shop on Friday and the manager told me that Fat Heads was asking places to send back cases if they recieved more than one.

40. jbwimer

jbwimer Savant (355) Pennsylvania Jun 13, 2013

This has easily been the most frustrating release I've yet seen. Fortunately, I was able to get my allocation today at the Pittsburgh location. Also, got a call from a distributor who ordered a case and got it in. Priced at $110-115... Nah, I'm good. This beer is amazing, but I'm not putting out that much money for it. Also, who gets an IPA out a week-and-a-half after it's been bottled? I really hope Fat Head's can get it together, cause this has been pathetic. Now, to drown my frustrations in JuJu! Cheers!

robgage likes this.