Fat Heads - Hop JuJu Imperial IPA

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by BottleCaps80, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Preluderl

Preluderl Savant (420) Pennsylvania Sep 27, 2012

Wish I'd bought some more to trade. I sent one 4 pack to @OnWisconsin and he seems to be a big fan.

2. I got a case. I trade 2 four packs and got Pliny, Surly, Zombie Dust, Alpha King, etc for them. So the trade value is there.

MikeCactusGordon likes this.
  3. Save-on in Mentor has the 3/6 batch. 4 bottle limit.

Red Wine & Brew guys are so salty they didn't get any (or didn't get more or whatever).

Both stores have the recent FFF releases FWIW.

4. JohnnyMc

JohnnyMc Savant (425) Ohio Feb 14, 2012

Seriously? Nice! Didn't know anyone on here was close to me. I'm in Midpark Village apartments right by the intersection of Bagley and Pearl.

5. RepartoCorse

RepartoCorse Disciple (65) Ohio Nov 15, 2013

This is a great DIPA. I have 4 left for trade.

6. Tried to get JuJu but came up empty, but got case of Head Hunter IPA - SO GOOD! Bet JuJu is off the charts!

Matthew1788 likes this.
  7. irishaj

irishaj Aficionado (105) Ohio Jan 1, 2014

Shit...I live by you guys too... I live on Marks rd in brunswick, between royalton rd and center rd

Cheers to Westside Cleveland!

JohnnyMc likes this.
  8. JohnnyMc

Haha that's great! Cheers indeed! We should all meet up for a brew sometime.

9. Westlake checking in... Walking distance to Fatheads. Don't know if that is a good thing or not...

JohnnyMc likes this.
  10. idkspencer

idkspencer Zealot (90) Florida Mar 30, 2013

i need this! i have access to Florida crafts like cigar city – no Hunahpu this year:( – message me if you think we could work something out :))

11. ohiobeer29

ohiobeer29 Advocate (545) Ohio Feb 2, 2013

I have a few bottles left Belmont's sold out last night :(

12. JohnnyMc

Probably provides the same benefits/wallet hurting that me being walking distance from The Brew Kettle is haha.

Jeffries55 likes this.
  13. miketd

miketd Advocate (510) Ohio Mar 2, 2006

I used to live in the Islander and would walk to BK a few times a week. Now I'm in no man's land, AKA Parma Heights.

JohnnyMc likes this.
  14. JohnnyMc

Haha yeah the Islander is close as hell. Not Parma Heights! D:

miketd likes this.
  15. Blueribbon666

Blueribbon666 Advocate (560) Ohio Jul 4, 2008

I may be in the minority here but ANY release feeding frenzy always has me going in the opposite direction. If I pick some up in the course of hunting down beer, beautiful, otherwise I'll wait til the dust settles & the grab assing is done. If I miss it whatev, wasn't meant to be anyway:rolleyes:

16. JuJu is Headhunter on steroids. It is probably the biggest hop assault I've ever experienced. It's glorious.

17. miketd

The flavor profiles are pretty dissimilar, but it is most definitely a hop assault.

18. I haven't had Headhunter in maybe 2 months or so but as I recall, it's a big time citrus bomb which I get from JuJu. I get mainly citrus with a little dankness and a very small touch of pine in the background from JuJu.

19. miketd

Head Hunter is more of a pine bomb, maybe what you would describe as citrus. Juju is more fruity sweet and "dank", although that term seems to mean different things depending on who you talk to. Either way, they are two of my favorite beers.

Shmuffalo likes this.
  20. mychalg9

mychalg9 Advocate (710) Illinois Apr 8, 2010

I have a friend coming to Cleveland tonight, anywhere that still has a 4-pack for sale?

21. miketd

I just talked to someone at the brewery, they are out of it at the Taproom. Your buddy may find it around town, but it is no sure deal.

If you want, I have three bottles left that I could leave on the front porch if you want them. I'm near to Middleburg Hts, so pm me for addy if interested.

Need to know soon. Wife us home, but she won't want to be answer the door to give away beer... she's funny like that. haha...

mychalg9 and MikeCactusGordon like this.
  22. mychalg9

mychalg9 Advocate (710) Illinois Apr 8, 2010

Haha well I appreciate your kind offer, I think if I sent my friend to your house he would think I'm nuts though! I'm not even positive he's going to be able to shop for me yet, he has a 5 hour drive from Indy so I think he wants to see if he is up for shopping to begin with. I think there is plenty of other beer available in town that I'll be fine if he can't find any Juju.

23. miketd

It isn't a biggie. I will leave them outside in case you change your mind. I can check PMs at work, so offer is still good.

mychalg9 likes this.
  24. masterofsparks

masterofsparks Advocate (515) Ohio Nov 15, 2009

If you can't find this, I'd recommend heading to the Brew Kettle and trying El Lupulo Libre. No bottles, but it's on tap and it's pretty similar in terms of hop assault IMO. It is to White Rajah what Hop Juju is to Head Hunter.

SpartyJoe likes this.
  25. beerhan

beerhan Savant (400) Ohio Apr 28, 2010

Anyone have any issues with flat bottles? I have opened two with little to no carbonation. I have had this on tap many times over the years as well as recently but my bottle last night was once again a dud.

26. miketd

Not me, but I would encourage you to contact the brewery. The brewer would definitely want to know.

27. Juju is indeed better than Headhunter, was lucky to try both. Thanks to @Matthew1788 for the Juju hookup! Worthy brew indeed

Matthew1788 likes this.
  28. Hell yeah man that sounds great to me!

29. ChrisMon02

ChrisMon02 Savant (460) Ohio May 2, 2010

I had the same issue with the second batch that was released. It was a huge letdown. The only saving grace was I live close to the brewery and have access to growler fills when on tap. I called Ted who works there and let him know to mention it to Matt (brewer). I picked up another 4 pack during the last run and it was fantastic.

I have never had an issue with any Fathead's beers so I am forgiving this one.

Cheers!

siege06nd likes this.
  30. JohnnyMc

Cool. Shoot me a PM sometime and we can talk about it. Cheers!

31. Anyone know if this is still around? I.d like to see if I can get a 4 pack somewhere even if I have to take a drive

32. robgage

robgage Savant (415) Pennsylvania Dec 19, 2013

Haven't seen it around Pittsburgh for a month or so...

33. ScottJWing

ScottJWing Savant (390) Ohio Aug 21, 2013

YES. My buddy and I split a case and almost every bottle had little to no carbonation. It was still tasty but we were very disappointed. Didn't really think to call and complain to anyone about it.

34. mps

mps Savant (295) Ohio Jul 27, 2013

Which batch was that from? I heard the same from some who had the 2/28 batch I think.

35. ScottJWing

ScottJWing Savant (390) Ohio Aug 21, 2013

I wanna say around Feb 7th. The first thing we noticed was not fizzy "pop" noise upon opening the bottle. Then very little bubbles and no head (even after an aggressive pour).

mpayne5 likes this.
  36. For the folks from the Fat Heads 'hood - they currently have IBUsive cask at the North Olmsted brewpub. Pouring imperial pints - yum! Makes a dangerous drinker even more dangerously smooth.

miketd likes this.