1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Fat Heads Oompa Loompa Chocolate Cream Stout

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Shmuffalo, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Hey leave Tim Couch alone. Fatheads kicks ass!
    ufmj likes this.
  2. modern

modern Aficionado (210) Ohio May 31, 2012

I haven't seen this in Central Ohio yet. Anyone?
  3. Tried to get it in Pittsburgh today at Fatheads but they sold out of 6 packs in 24 hours.

They said they would possibly get more Wednesday.
  4. Stinger80OH

Stinger80OH Advocate (640) Ohio Nov 11, 2011

Our rivers don't catch on fire...that happened one time...40+ years ago...get over it.
  5. BB1313

BB1313 Champion (770) Ohio Jul 16, 2009

I don't think it has hit Ohio yet.. I believe it should start poppin up in the next week or two..
  6. Found it at a bottle shop just outside of the city (Pittsburgh) on Saturday morning; they said they had several cases. I bought a 6 pack...yet to try it!
  7. hshewsf

hshewsf Disciple (60) California Jan 25, 2013

Any chance it will make it to the west coast?
    IPASearcher likes this.
  8. miketd

miketd Advocate (510) Ohio Mar 2, 2006

Only if you trade for some.
  9. Shmuffalo

Shmuffalo Savant (260) Pennsylvania Feb 26, 2012

Bitter and boozy?! I'm not sure you and I had the same beer. It tasted sweet with a bit of vanilla. One of the better sweet stouts that I've had.
  10. BB1313

Fat Heads in N. Olmsted announced they have 6pks for sale at their place and that "they're going fast". They just tapped it too..
  11. beerborn

beerborn Savant (345) Georgia Jan 22, 2012

If your going through Pittsburgh East End and Church Brew Works are popular locals
  12. Where?
  13. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

So is this not hitting distro then?
  14. beercanman

beercanman Savant (485) Ohio Dec 17, 2012

Just called fat heads. They got 11 cases this morning. 8 are left as of 4:30 pm
  15. Shmuffalo

Wow, this stuff is flying off the shelves. Buddy's Brews on Carson got some in the other day. I'm not sure how much or if they have any left.
  16. HopCraverDave

HopCraverDave Aficionado (130) Ohio Feb 20, 2013

Just picked up two 6ers and am drinking a fresh pint up at North Olmsted Fat Heads.

Very smooth. Very tasty!
    Eastside151 and beercanman like this.
  17. BB1313

I'm pretty sure it's still hitting distribution for sure..
  18. beercanman

beercanman Savant (485) Ohio Dec 17, 2012

picked up a sixer. Solid stuff.
  19. Has anyone seen it south of Pittsburgh?
  20. I would imagine GE will carry it soon. They always have a nice supply of Head Hunter.
    Hermthegerm likes this.
  21. BTW.. lets hype the shit out of this regardless of how it is. I can taste the Parabola now!
    NABS, outoffocus and TinCup69 like this.
  22. miketd

I was told it will be in limited disto this week, and hopefully be around again in a week or two.
  23. Shaler Giant Eagle sold out out on Saturday.
  24. Sorry - at House of 1000 Beers. They said they had cases. I bought 6 pack.
  25. Saw three cases of it at Save-Mor in Pgh today.
  26. Shmuffalo

Buddy's Brews on Carson had a couple cases as well.
  27. baconman91

baconman91 Savant (495) Ohio Dec 13, 2009

My local Dist. is the only place I know of that got this in (around me anyway) in NE Ohio (about an Hour an 1/2 away from Clev.) ..on Wed. of this week.
    They only got 1 case (24 bttls), I bought it All. I LOVE this stuff.
    ...though it isn't as "thick" as you might expect (which I gotta admit was a bit of a Tiny let down the 1st time I had it) BUT, that's what I actually have grown to like about it. It's Quite "drinkable" ..rather than just per say a "dinner" Brew or "dessert" nightcap. You can have a Few of 'em & its Not by any means Over-bearing.
    It Does linger a bit on the palate...but it's Subtle, which isn't Always bad. Don't pass it up if you get the chance.
  28. DStoked

DStoked Savant (320) Ohio Sep 28, 2011

Waaay off topic, but this just made me think of my totally disappointing visit to Primanti Brothers last weekend. Their sandwiches sucked. This looks better, and there's much better beer. I think Primanti's had 1 Victory tap and the rest crap. If you're going to Pittsburgh, skip Primanti's and go straight to Fat Head's.
    MarkIntihar, MickJ0nes and baconman91 like this.
  29. baconman91

baconman91 Savant (495) Ohio Dec 13, 2009

I agree..I lived in Pitts. for 2yrs, Primanti's suks - way Over rated.
  30. Still have over a case of it at Dommys Pizza in Vandergrift PA. Probably the cheapest you will find it per bottle or even for a 6 pack.
  31. HopFace

HopFace Savant (350) Pennsylvania Feb 29, 2012

Used to be a lot better. Now, I'd take a Fat Heads anyway. Great beer and food. Sadly, can't even touch a Kuma's burger.
  32. nhindian

nhindian Savant (370) Pennsylvania Feb 26, 2010

Pretty much. I've lived in Pittsburgh my whole life and never got the hype for Primanti's. Fat Heads easily blows their food away and it's not even close.

I tried Oompa Loompa at the restaurant last Sunday, went to the bottle shop to get some and they were sold out. Oops. However, made some calls and picked up a case today so all is well!
    baconman91 likes this.
  33. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (535) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

Had this on tap at Fat Heads Cleveland and was thoroughly disappointed. I got nearly none of the Madagascar vanilla beans, just a nice chocolate stout and that's about it. Oh well, glad I tried it.
  34. HopFace

HopFace Savant (350) Pennsylvania Feb 29, 2012

Had it last on draft and it was good. Wouldn't search for it though. Now the hippy sippy...wow, that's a beer!
    NABS and steebo777 like this.
  35. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (535) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

Hippy Sippy was great! Also the Captain Crunch Cinnamon Dopplebock blew my hair back. That was out of this world.
  36. miketd

While not my kind of beer, I definitely got some vanilla out of the bottle. I think Hippy Sippy is a re-tooled version of Stone Age Imperial Stout... at least that's what I was told. Either way, it is pretty good.
  37. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Advocate (505) Missouri May 11, 2012

I want some of this stuff
  38. BB1313

I wasn't crazy about the Oompa Loompa. I wanna try Hippy Sippy. I had Stone Age awhile back and remember it being solid. I loved Koko Loko and Koko Nuts. Koko Nuts was a hazelnut version of Koko Loko. Koko Nuts is definitely my favorite FH stout to date.. they need to brew that again, so good.
    RyanMcFly1985 likes this.
  39. Eastside151

Eastside151 Savant (450) Ohio Jun 29, 2012

I almost bought a six pack of this but decided on a bottle of Victory White Monkey and a bottle of Enjoy By 04.01.13. I'm wondering if maybe I didn't make the right decision here..