1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Favorite beer season.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by ColinStClaire, Feb 7, 2013.

?

Favorite season to drink beer and why.

1. Summer

8.7%
  2. Fall

20.4%
  3. Winter

36.9%
  4. Spring

6.8%
  5. Doesn't matter

27.2%
  1. When is your favorite time to drink beer? In front of the fire with a nice stout? Out back with the burgers grilling and a refreshing hefe? Somewhere in between?

2. October baby!

BeerKangaroo likes this.
  3. Yes, please.

4. JoeyBeerBelly

JoeyBeerBelly Initiate (0) New York Dec 15, 2006

That's one of the great things about beer...

it's always in season!

denver10, Beer-A-Lot, priwen and 6 others like this.
  5. leedorham

leedorham Champion (835) Washington Apr 27, 2006

Absolutely!

6. blackcloud

blackcloud Savant (410) Alaska Apr 28, 2012

I chose fall. back to back awesome beer time: fresh-hop beers followed by the winter beers!

dsal89 likes this.
  7. leedorham

leedorham Champion (835) Washington Apr 27, 2006

Exactly.

8. CircusBoy

CircusBoy Savant (320) Ohio Mar 10, 2008

Winter because it has the best seasonal releases.

9. zstef99

zstef99 Aficionado (185) New York Dec 25, 2008

I probably drink better beer in the winter, but I enjoy it just as much (if not more) in the summer. There's something about a beautiful summer day that makes beer taste better.

10. taxman

taxman Savant (255) Illinois Feb 22, 2012

Stout Season!

loafinaround and Roudy1 like this.
  11. Vonstein15

Vonstein15 Savant (310) Ohio Jan 15, 2010

What season is not best? They all blend together. Cheers

12. Nugget Nectar season is my favorite. From Master Oogway, "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present." Cheers!

13. I apparently am one of the very few that loves Spring time releases. Sours and Saisons for dayzzz broooo

14. mecummins

mecummins Savant (425) Illinois Nov 16, 2012

I think it'd be winter for me. I absolutely love stouts and porters. But I have to admit that I'm looking forward to enjoying a bitter or saison outside on a warm Summer day.

Roudy1 likes this.
  15. I try to ignore the seasons and just drink the best of what's out there. If pumpkin ales were available now, I'd probably have some Pumking this weekend.

16. I chose doesn't matter since they're all my favorite beer seasons.

17. DougC123

DougC123 Savant (315) Connecticut Aug 21, 2012

The one that just ended, the one we are in, and the one that is coming up.

fritts211 likes this.
  18. I only drink beer during four seasons.

19. You're really missing out then, I feel bad for you.

20. TychoNDC

TychoNDC Savant (370) New York Jan 7, 2013

Winter if only for the seasonal stouts and IPA releases.

Roudy1 likes this.
  21. Michigan

Michigan Initiate (0) Michigan Oct 24, 2012

Sitting outside in mid spring in Michigan drinking a good Belgian Tripel. Most likely a Dragonmead Final Absolution. I keep it well stocked right next to me Two Hearted

22. I guess we have a lot of cold weather drinkers. I thought for sure "Doesn't Matter" would be ahead.

23. Fall. Which now starts in late August thanks to the current release schedules.......

HipsterBrewfus and dc4three like this.
  24. fritts211

fritts211 Savant (285) Tennessee Feb 19, 2011

Plus the one that you yearn for but is far away, right?:)

25. scootsmal

scootsmal Savant (260) New York Aug 15, 2012

Summer, purely due to weather and atmosphere..

26. FALL. hands down the best. cool, chilly weather, sweatshirts, football, octoberfests, pumpkin brews. the best.

Hermthegerm likes this.
  27. I only drink in the seasons that have weather.

28. MammaGoose

MammaGoose Aficionado (210) Wyoming Jan 10, 2013

Hmm...as far as seasonals and styles that are traditionally drank in the season, I'd have to go with Fall. Still some warm enough days where I crave a hoppy crisp IPA, but the stouts and porters are starting to become more prominent again. So I voted Fall.

That said, my favorite season to drink beer in is Summer. Beer goes with all Summer activities. Camping, fishing, rodeo, street dances, etc. Nothing like a refreshing cold brew after a hot day playing outside.

mecummins likes this.
  29. Blueribbon666

Blueribbon666 Advocate (525) Ohio Jul 4, 2008

There is great seasonal beer year round...but winter is my favorite, like 'em dark and brooding like the weather.

30. Roudy1

Roudy1 Savant (270) Iowa Sep 29, 2012

I love stouts so Fall/Winter is good. This is my first early spring since I started drinking craft regularly almost a year ago and right now I'm all about the HOPS! It's weird to me how your palate actually changes with the weather(at least in my case.)

31. bubseymour

bubseymour Advocate (660) Maryland Oct 30, 2010

I think January and February releases top the year. I enjoy winter as all beer styles taste good in the winter. Its hard to drink an Impy Stout or Porter on a hot afternoon but I have no trouble drinking a tasty 4.5% lager in middle of winter.

32. Catchy_Name

Catchy_Name Savant (435) California Dec 21, 2011

Fall/Winter...Stouts and Barleywines!

33. djsmith1174

djsmith1174 Savant (480) Minnesota Aug 21, 2005

I just can't pick one. I love the variety among the seasons. And I really have trouble even picking a favorite style.

Thank you breweries! This is one area where I feel it's a good thing to be indecisive. ;)

34. Oktoberfest! Love the traditional Germans and some local interpretations, plus the fresh/wet hop stuff comes out around the same time

35. My favourite season to drink beer - Summer on the patio with family & friends , starting happy hour early
    that said ;)
    My favourite season of beer - Fall Oktoberfest , Fresh & Wet Hopped & of course Pumpkin

36. Any beer for any season.