1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Favorite Brewery?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Jacurdy60, Feb 26, 2013.

1. For myself it would have to be Allagash great barrel aging and sour program best in New England that I can get ( I don't have easy access to hill farmstand and the alchemist ). Fireatone walker and Lagunitas would be second and my favorite west coast brewers.

2. alucard6679

alucard6679 Savant (260) Arizona Jul 29, 2012

They would definitly be in my top 5, and i can get quite a few of their brews here in Phoenix

3. Several. Any brewery that can nail a classic or push the boundaries. Nepotism is an evil thing

4. Samuel906

Samuel906 Savant (250) California Aug 18, 2012

Dogfish head for me... They know hops, they aren't afraid to try crazy stuff, and world wide stout changed my life haha

ESeab likes this.
  5. Allagash is my first love. They have some dank brews: Curieux introduced me barrel aged beer. Then there's Interlude, Bourbon barrel aged Black, Hugh Malone, Tripel and Odessey. That's one hell of a lineup

6. fx20736

fx20736 Advocate (510) New York Mar 7, 2009

Goose Island grows in my esteem by the day.

IMSPEAKNOENGLISH likes this.
  7. I can't possibly pick one favorite because sometimes I'm in the mood for different approaches on styles.

For pure finese and class, Russian River.

For pure adventure and crass, Dogfish Head

8. ThirstyFace

ThirstyFace Initiate (0) New York Jan 11, 2013

Anchor gets the largest share of my beer spend. They may not excite most people but their lineup suits me so well.
    Bells would get my vote if I had regular access, but I limited to just a few stock ups a year. I really hope they land in NY sooner than later.
    Wish I had a local brewery to get crazy over but there is none, sadly

9. nootch23

nootch23 Savant (340) Massachusetts Mar 29, 2012

My favorite breweries lie mostly in the northeast. Maine Beer Co., Hill Farmstead and Lawson's. Just feels like everything each one comes out with tastes great.

10. ESeab

ESeab Advocate (505) New Jersey Jan 3, 2013

Dogfish head.
    I love all there beer and they make so many different ones. Indian Brown Ale most underrated beer ever

11. bbburgh

bbburgh Initiate (20) Feb 28, 2013

Russian River Brewery, Santa Rosa, Cali

12. Slickyinc

Slickyinc Disciple (60) Tennessee Feb 22, 2013

Ive had limited exposure, and the area I live in has few brews. I do like most of Seirra Nevada stuff though.

13. Ricelikesbeer

Ricelikesbeer Savant (350) Colorado Nov 29, 2006

GD could get a nod for me If I loved everything they make as much as the whole Yeti series :)

But unfortunately they have either a house yeast or malt profile that tastes like dogfood to me in their hoppy beers. I find DPA to almost be undrinkable. Titan is slightly better but not by much.

I love Ruffian, Yeti's, Nomad, Orabelle, ect.

14. Flying Dog. They have been consistently good, and I have been able to enjoy pretty much all of them. Except for Garde Dog. I wasn't a fan of that. And I cant drink Pearl Necklace (Shellfish allergy) so the lack of a stout bothers me a bit. but i can get by

15. toss up between southern tier and maine beer company

16. bleakies

bleakies Savant (415) Massachusetts Apr 11, 2011

Pretty Things.

Etc.

17. RyFikes

RyFikes Savant (280) New York Jan 3, 2013

In no particular order:
    Troegs
    Ommegang
    Great Lakes Brewing Co.
    Lagunitas
    Southern Tier

Can you tell I live in NY?

18. MCDub

MCDub Savant (310) North Carolina Dec 17, 2009

I respect this choice and I love the Wedge, but, to me, it's not even the best Asheville brewery anymore. Wicked Weed.

19. jglowe77

jglowe77 Initiate (0) Massachusetts Jan 24, 2011

I wrote a friggen book in that e-mail, hoping that it would help my chances.:D

20. MisterGrizz

MisterGrizz Savant (280) Texas Jan 8, 2011

Broken record here...

Founders
    Dogfish Head
    Founders
    Great Divide
    Sierra Nevada
    Founders
    Founders

21. Because they are local and all their offerings are excellent I will say Revolution!:)

22. fullmetal1381

fullmetal1381 Savant (270) Florida Jul 30, 2011

Cigar City, because I live here, and they love the locals. Founders is a very close second. Three Floyds is a very close third because I used to live 10 minutes from there and I love the food (and beer).

23. OneLowChevy

OneLowChevy Zealot (85) California Mar 21, 2009

Anchor Brewing in San Francisco.

24. I love nipples and wine goblets!

25. mporter13

mporter13 Aficionado (175) Oregon Jul 13, 2011

It was Deschutes for the longest time, but Sierra Nevada just recently converted me. All of their seasonals are fantastic and I absolutely love the high gravity series. Plus their year-round selection is strong. There's just not much not to like.

26. Is there a way for me on BA to look at a brewery and then just the beers I have rated? I know I can rate the brewery visit directly, but I would like to rate the brewery based on the beers I have rated individually. That would be a cool search - a list ranking all breweries based on my beer ratings! Then I could tell you my favorite.

27. i have had their dipa from a half growler, it was great. i havent been to the brewery yet, i planing a visit soon though.

28. Canadian - Unibroue ,
    American - Deschutes

29. joel66

joel66 Savant (455) New York Sep 1, 2012

HF by a long shot for me.

30. iSrALE

iSrALE Aficionado (195) Mexico Nov 18, 2008

Russian River, Lagunitas, Alpine.

31. Still got a lot to try the wares of, but at this point it has to be Founders. Their success ratio is so damn high and whether it's seasonals or the year round lineup there's always something of theirs out I can find to drink that fits my mood/appetite. I've basically had everything they produce sans the Backstage stuff and I think Cerise is pretty much the only one I was not a fan of.

32. sil1

sil1 Aficionado (245) California May 19, 2012

Lost abbey/port

Don't think anyone else has the range to compete

33. I'm just gonna be a huge homer and say Terrapin.

MisterBisco likes this.
  34. Wow so many but limited to a few Russian River, Alpine , Kern , and LadyFace

jgluck likes this.
  35. SShelly

SShelly Savant (305) Oregon Sep 20, 2008

Alesmith probably has my favorite top to bottom list of year round beer for sure. Not sure if they are in texas, but they distribute the majority of the US...

36. tone77

tone77 Advocate (570) Pennsylvania May 20, 2009

Troegs and Unibroue.

37. Really? My local supermarket (suburb of Philly) has at least 3 different types of Alesmith.

38. ferry

ferry Initiate (15) Mar 1, 2013

Well i have tried almost all bear brands. But my favorite is Budweiser. It has good taste and i really feel relax after having this brand. Lagunitas brewery is also good one..I like these two brands most..

39. MCDub

MCDub Savant (310) North Carolina Dec 17, 2009

It's great. They put a ton of money into what they have going on over there. I grew up with two of the owners and they are both great guys. Their open fermenter is worth taking a look at for sure. I was down in the taproom hanging out before they opened one Friday and they poured out some samplers of all their beer on tap. It was the most they've had on tap at one time (26 i think). Pretty awesome.

[​IMG]