1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Favourite Dutch BMC?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Darwin553, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Grolsch for me.

2. I guess BMC in this context should be HGB (Heineken, Grolsch, Bavaria)
    I'd say Hertog Jan

3. Oranjeboom, I know it's pretty rubbish but I have fond memories of getting drunk on it on a school trip when I was about 14.

doopiedoopiedoo likes this.
  4. Derranged

Derranged Advocate (525) New York Mar 7, 2010

I haven't had Grolsch in over ten years. I remember really liking Heineken Dark back in the day.

To be honest, at its best/unskunked, regular Heineken really isn't a bad beer.

5. Brunite

Brunite Savant (430) Illinois Sep 21, 2009

Yes. This was the beer that weaned me off of BMC and into imports many, many years ago. Imports led to expanding into homebrewing and domestic craft.

6. Derranged

Derranged Advocate (525) New York Mar 7, 2010

Back in 2001, all I really drank was Heineken Dark and various other decent imports. I was probably on my to getting into craft beer but then I started drinking too much liquor. In 2003, weight was an issue so I switched to mainly light beer for 6 years till I broke into craft. Heineken Dark is a good start.

7. Amstel Light is my favorite lawnmower beer. I never buy it because its not worth the price, if it were the cost of Highlife or PBR it would be a go to for me.