1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by Todd, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Todd

Todd Founder (1,430) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

2. Nice to see all the listings from the bad traders list.
    franklinn likes this.
  3. can we request trades of prior trades in order to leave feedback or is the system only for use for future trades?
    Treyliff and BlogueDeBieres like this.
  4. Todd

So long as it's a legit trade, I see no problem with this in order to establish past trading partners.
    Paccamacca and JesseLara like this.
  5. blue-dream

blue-dream Advocate (565) Illinois Aug 22, 2013

where does the person who has been requested of a trade find it? in alerts? We agreed on a trade and i sent the request but he says he doesn't see it.... Thanks.
  6. Todd

It's hard to find right now, but I'm working on this.

In the meantime: http://beeradvocate.com/user/trades?view=pending will do the trick.
    blue-dream likes this.
  7. blue-dream

blue-dream Advocate (565) Illinois Aug 22, 2013

8. Todd

blue-dream likes this.
  9. such a good idea to have this finally. Congrats!
  10. sacrelicio

sacrelicio Initiate (0) Minnesota Feb 15, 2005

How do I get to a member's trades page?
  11. mrcraft

mrcraft Advocate (605) California Dec 15, 2012

I like the system a lot. Very simple and effective. The one thing I'm not fond of is that to be considered an active trader and have their trading stats and feedback show up you need to mark at least one gots as "for trade." Wouldn't bad traders with negative feedbacks be able to hide by not having any gots for trade? Also, I don't like to list beers as gots for trade. I would rather post ISO:FT threads when ready to generate trade requests. I think if you have one feedback, positive or negative, that should activate the trading info on our profiles permanently. Thanks!
    mythaeus likes this.
  12. Todd

No. They won't be able to hide. Everyone can still see their beer trading stats and they'll show up on our bad trader list (forthcoming).
    You raise a good point here. I'll give it some thought.
  13. I'd like to know that, too. Thanks.
  14. mrcraft

mrcraft Advocate (605) California Dec 15, 2012

They need to have marked at least one got as "for trade" then the stats block will be presented. Look at my profile, it's the block below the beer karma stats. You can click on the number/percentage (1/100%) to get to my trade page. So, if the person hasn't marked any gots for trade then you won't see anything.
  15. Todd

I'm working on this and will have a better solution tonight.
    dwagner003 likes this.
  16. Todd

For now, you can access a members beer trading page via their profile page. Look for Beer Trading Stats > click the "(trades) / (feedback) %" link.
    TongoRad likes this.
  17. How do you tag your gots for trade?
  18. MattOC

MattOC Savant (285) Massachusetts Jan 13, 2013

Go to your GOTS, there is a check box to the left, click it, then scroll to bottom of the page, where there are two options, TRADE or REMOVE. Click TRADE and the beer you had selected above will now have a Y next to it - all the way to the right indicating it is open for trade.
  19. Todd

20. FrankHammer

FrankHammer Savant (475) Michigan Jan 31, 2013

Getting some "You've already requested a trade with this user in the past week" messages even though I haven't.
    jtladner and Treyliff like this.
  21. what is "unique trade"
    i have one and no other information?
  22. Todd

It's covered in the first post I made. It's the number of unique trading partners that you've traded with.
  23. I had 39 gots. I selected all of them and marked them for trade. Then I went and selected one of the beers. I removed it from my gots. It's not listed in my FT beers either but the count didn't update so now it says I have 38 gots and 39 beers for trade even though there are only 38 beers listed for trade.
  24. Todd

Thanks for pointing this out. I'm on it now and should have it updated within the hour, after which it'll reset when you adjust your Gots FT again or hourly based on when you last logged in.
  25. Todd

I tested the above bug with new code by adding a beer to my Gots, tagging it as FT and then removing it from my Gots. All counts were updated. Please let me know if this occurs again.
  26. I tried initiating a trade with a past partner to record our feedback but I received an error saying that I initiated a trade request with this person within the last week but this was the first time using the system. I have since tried it with 3 other parties all with the same result.
    FrankHammer likes this.
  27. I now managed to get some to work but the first few I tried still won't. They don't show as pending either so I am not sure why I can't initiate it.
  28. Todd

You have 6 pending requests started by you, and 1 started with you by another BA. That's 7, which is the same number displayed as your Pending. Click your "Pending" link to view their status.

If you try to send another request to one of these 6 BAs within the next 7 days you'll get that error.
  29. Understood - those were all created after I tried with other people and when I get the error line that I had already tried with that user. Figured was a bug.
  30. Todd

I checked the code, which is very specific, but I can't recreate your issue. I'll take another look though.
  31. Worked for 5 people, but didn't for 3. I pm'd the 3 to initiate and they got same error for me plus others.
  32. Todd

I found the bug, and I think I killed it. Please try this:
    • Request a trade with someone you were having an issue with.
      • Fail? > Let me know.
      • Success? > Try requesting another trade with the same person.
        • Fail? > It's working.
        • Success? > Let me know.
    Thanks.
  33. Perfect, worked. Tried with all people that initially failed - now worked. Then tried to initiate a second with same people while first was pending and all failed.
    Todd likes this.
  34. Todd

Awesome. My job is done here, for now. Time for a beer ...
    saint0r, FrankHammer and Paccamacca like this.
  35. xxcarpxx

xxcarpxx Initiate (0) Alabama Jan 13, 2011

This would have been helpful before all my shit was deleted from my page and lost my trade references...??!!?? ;)
  36. Todd

I hear you ... but surely you can remember some of the people you traded with?
    xxcarpxx likes this.
  37. bcm75

bcm75 Advocate (575) Illinois Mar 23, 2013

I dig the new system so far, nice work. It would be nice to get a visible notification of some type when someone sends a trade request. If I'm missing something here, let me know, but I didn't see anything when I received a couple yesterday. Maybe it could look like when you have a new BM or alert?
    Paccamacca and FrankHammer like this.
  38. Todd

This was mentioned in the announcement as something we're looking into. An Alert would be ideal.
    Paccamacca and bcm75 like this.
  39. nc41

nc41 Advocate (650) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

So far so good, well thought out and by design the bad traders will have a very tough time. If your new with no history your shipping first. I'm not a tech guy, but I found this very easy to use so far.
    mrcraft likes this.
  40. I'm in the uk
    Are international trades feasible or would shipping be counter productive