1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by Todd, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Todd

Todd Founder (1,515) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

The system is meant for all trading.

2. Oh that's positive news
    How do I find out about how to do it

3. Todd

A guide is forthcoming, but in the meantime you should take a look at the links in this thread / the Announcements forum.

4. nc41

nc41 Advocate (745) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

That and potential customs hassles.

5. I understand we are still in the beta phase for the trading feedback system. I was wondering if we could get an alert to notify us that we have a pending trade. I have heard this request from multiple folks already who missed requests until a BM was sent. No biggie.

Thank so much for all the hard work on the recent and upcoming updates!
    Bill

Sorry, should have put this in Todd's post under beer trading, moving accordingly.

6. Todd

As posted, it's something we'll be looking at.

7. jRocco2021

jRocco2021 Savant (405) Wisconsin Mar 13, 2010

Would it be possible to add a way to signify if the trade was a BIF or LIF and so forth that way they could be included in our ratings and feedback. Like a box you could check.

Or is that considered separate from this rating system?

Wether or not the trade was an IP could potential be added as well.

I feel it would show an even more complete history of a users trading activity's.

8. UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo Site Editor (955) Massachusetts Sep 11, 2002 Staff Member

Where do I find my Gots List? I don't see it anywhere on my Profile. I know I had a Gots List previously. If I still have one, it seems difficult to locate.

Thanks

9. UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo Site Editor (955) Massachusetts Sep 11, 2002 Staff Member

I found it on my Profile page under Beer Karma. Frankly it was kind of non-obvious to find (little number to click next to Gots), and perhaps it should be a bit more prominently displayed?

10. Todd

Beers > Gots. It's been there for a long time and is accessible within 2 clicks from nearly all pages.

11. Drew_Face

Drew_Face Disciple (55) Florida Mar 25, 2013

I have a pending trade for someone although we already left feedback. Not sure how it happened....if we both submitted a request or what. Either way, I can't figure out how to cancel the unnecessary pending trade.

12. Todd

This occurs if you both request a trade with each other. If the other BA hasn't accepted the request they can deny it, or you can both leave feedback for each other again or you can wait until I apply a solution this week.

13. I know this is super trivial, but each time I look at my rating (3/100%), I panic, then realize that it's good. For some reason, I read it as "3 out of 100%" each and every time. When I look at other BA's ratings, I get the same thing and I have to consciously change my typical eBay/Amazon/everywhere else rating reading ability.

Personally, I think something like "100% (3 trades)" would be the better way to display it. If you want to be fancy, use the star (*) indicator like Amazon.com showing % positive the way they rate sellers (http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0076BNK30/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used).

Al

nsheehan likes this.
  14. Todd

I could see how this might cause some confusion. I'll give it some more thought and try a new format.

UncleJimbo and mythaeus like this.
  15. WCW

WCW Savant (335) Michigan Mar 24, 2013

Hi Todd, I did read though a lot of the comments and fixes, didn't see if you have addressed this one:

"Sent" feedback; If your Sent feedback goes onto a second page (21-40), and you click on (21-40), "Next" or "Last" you get this error: 404 Not Found.

-Bill

DevilsAdvocate likes this.
  16. Todd

Thanks, @WCW. Simple fix. I'll take a look at it in the AM.

17. Todd, is it possible to setup a notification when someone makes a trade request?

18. I could see even using a simple pipe symbol could clean it up:

3 | 100%

19. Todd

Please see this thread and the original announcement.

20. Ah yes, an alert is what I was getting at. Thanks for looking into it.

21. JayORear

JayORear Advocate (540) California Feb 22, 2012

I've gone back through the threads to see if I've missed something about this, but I can't find it addressed. As far as getting references/feedback on past trades, isn't this set up, really, to only get feedback on good trades? I still have an outstanding bad trade that I don't know what to do with: I'm not going to contact the guy and ask for him to set up a trade so I can give him feedback as a bad trader, right? The last time I tried putting up a thread about him, it was deleted, maybe because it was my second thread about him? The real question is: how do I provide feedback on a bad trade that occurred before the current system was in place?

WCW likes this.
  22. Todd

We'd need proof of the old bad trade in order to consider adding it manually.

23. Todd

This has been fixed.

24. WCW

Thank you Sir.

25. HopsMatt

HopsMatt Savant (470) Kentucky Dec 1, 2011

How do you report a bad trader now?

26. Todd

Prior to the system: If it wasn't in the old bad trader list, we'll need proof.

After the system: Use the system, because you shouldn't start a trade without it now.

27. HopsMatt

HopsMatt Savant (470) Kentucky Dec 1, 2011

Fair enough, but how do I leave feedback now? I doubt I'm going to get him to respond to a request for a trade at this point.

28. Todd

Again, we'll need proof of the bad trade. This will allow us to enter it for you.

29. Mbpike

Mbpike Savant (250) Arkansas Jun 5, 2013

Once someone leaves me feedback how long do I have to leave it for them? I was able to ship 2 packages and then I had to go to work. My wife told me my packages arrived but I've yet to be home to examine the bottles and leave feedback for the BA members.

30. WCW

31. bcm75

bcm75 Advocate (620) Illinois Mar 23, 2013

Todd - the alert is looking good!

One small thing - shouldn't the alert only be for things that we need to respond to? Right now I have a "2" above my Trading item, and it's doing that because I have two trade requests I put out that have not been accepted. In other words, I'm waiting on the other people and I don't need to be alerted to that.

32. Todd

Good point. I'll look into options.

bcm75 likes this.
  33. I have a trade feedback pending, but I try to click on it and it doesn't go anywhere. It says accepted, but on the right side it stills says pending. Help?

34. I'm experiencing this as well. Do you have to give feedback in order for the alert to go away?

35. Todd

It's not an "issue," but rather how it currently works. A trade request is considered "pending" until both parties have left feedback for each other. This is reflected in any stats and alerts.

I'm looking into retooling this.

36. Todd

OK. So the "trades pending" stat is now just the number of trade requests that a BA has yet to accept vs. pending and open trade requests. Once accepted the count will be adjusted and if the count is zero the alert will disappear from the navigation.

The system will also reset existing counts hourly, based on the last time your account was active.

If the community might find it useful, we can also consider tracking open trades too.

37. MikeT77

MikeT77 Savant (320) New York Jul 2, 2010

@Todd - is there a reason for the trading comment character limit? I'm trying to give decent amount of details about trades, but I get the message that it must be between "x" and "x" characters. Would love to be able to leave more info on why someone was a good or bad trading partner - most times it's very difficult to leave a small amount of feedback. Expanding the character limit would help here tremendously.

38. I agree. It doesn't even need to be that much more. Maybe up it from 140 to 200?

mythaeus likes this.
  39. jme015

jme015 Savant (250) Florida Sep 10, 2013

I had 2 trades pending in the system this morning (just waiting to receive my beer before giving feedback rating), and now I don't have any trades pending.

40. blue-dream

blue-dream Moderator (760) Illinois Aug 22, 2013 Staff Member

this happened to me too, my pending trade is gone? do i have to request new trades now?