1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by Todd, Nov 4, 2013.

1. MattOC

MattOC Savant (295) Massachusetts Jan 13, 2013

Lost mine too. Sent offer to another BA and now it's gone. Same as above, do I need to resend the trade?
  2. Todd

Todd Founder (1,440) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

I'm on it. Hope to have a solution in place within the hour, at which point I'll recalculate beer trader stats and pending trades will show up again. They're not lost, but rather not being displayed at the moment.
  3. Todd

Update:
    • Pending = trade requests you've yet to accept. Used for the alert.
    • Open = trades awaiting feedback from both parties.
    • Updated pages.
    • Recalculated stats.
  4. lowbit

lowbit Initiate (0) Wisconsin Jul 24, 2013

Is there any way to cancel a trade request? I was arranging a trade w/ another member and clicked on "Request Trade" on his page, but he went AWOL and never accepted (or responded to messages, for that matter).
    hoerr and CassinoNorth like this.
  5. Todd

Eventually the system will cancel it after a period of time. I just need to code it.
  6. lowbit

Okay, thanks. The new alert/trade/etc indicators at the top are great, but one that I can't do anything about drives the OCD in me nuts. :)
  7. Jeffo

Jeffo Advocate (630) Netherlands Sep 7, 2008

Is it possible to edit the feedback you've given?

Thanks for the hard work!
    Jeff
  8. Todd

Not right now, but I could look into adding the ability to edit for a limited time.
  9. Same here, would like that alert to disappear after a set amount of time.
    lowbit likes this.
  10. Just curious if I can cancel a pending trade. I proposed it to a BA that said he's gone on hiatus from the site for personal reasons and the little red 1 is bugging me since it may never go away.
    lowbit likes this.
  11. nc41

nc41 Advocate (650) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

Like it a lot, easier, more convienent , will eliminate multiple time bad traders. New like always ship first.
  12. zbodnar1

zbodnar1 Savant (345) West Virginia Sep 30, 2013

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem. I just completed a trade with another BAer and I requested the trade through the system. He accepted and left me feedback, I want to leave him feedback but the leave feedback option is not available, also my uniques and total feedback numbers haven't included this new trade as well. Am I doing something wrong?
  13. Todd

There's no issue that I can see. I show 4 trades started by you. 3 are closed and 1 is pending; meaning they've yet to accept the request.
  14. zbodnar1

The trade that is Pending is one that I sent to another BAer, waiting on him to accept(he doesn't log in much). I have done 5 trades since the new system(I have 5 feedbacks left) I sent the trade request to GreenMonster12, he accepted and left me feedback but I dont have the option to leave him feedback and I want to. Also, his trade is not showing up as a unique trade partner or a trade on my end.
  15. Todd

For some reason it closed the trade and tagged it as feedback given by both traders. I've reopened the trade. You should be able to leave feedback now and I'll investigate this a bit more.
  16. zbodnar1

Cool, thanks for your help!
  17. Zimm

Zimm Savant (490) New Jersey May 18, 2012

I am looking for a way to delete a pending trade with a member (kbhess) because it appears we both left feedback in the proposal after the trade was complete (separately). Any way to solve this or does a mod have to do so? Thanks!
  18. Todd

This has been brought up and addressed in this thread. It currently doesn't exist, but it's something we're looking at adding.
  19. cincysig

cincysig Savant (330) Massachusetts Sep 15, 2010

Looking for this as well. Thanks!
  20. Zimm

Zimm Savant (490) New Jersey May 18, 2012

Thanks Todd I searched and couldn't find. Cheers!
  21. homer321

homer321 Aficionado (175) Florida Jul 13, 2006

Any update on this? I accidentally received negative feedback because my trading partner clicked the wrong button when submitting.
  22. Todd

It's in my queue of things to do, as well as fixing your issue.
  23. Todd

You're all set now, and your stats will eventually update.
  24. alefish

alefish Aficionado (210) New Jersey Jan 26, 2012

How do I enter past trades?
  25. DocJ007

DocJ007 Aficionado (155) Texas Jul 13, 2010

I might have missed this, but if you get into a bad trade (send a package but don't get one back), and leave a person negative feedback, what can be done to prevent them from negative feedback retaliation?
    mythaeus likes this.
  26. Todd

Nothing right now. Originally we considered only publishing feedback once both traders provided their feedback. We could revisit this if there's enough demand.
  27. Todd

Simply request a trade with past trading partners, and consider messaging them with your intention.
  28. lowbit

Could you reopen my most recent trade as well? I still haven't been able to leave feedback and it's also not showing up in my trade count or unique trading partner count.
  29. Todd

Done, and sorry for the delay on this.
  30. lowbit

No worries -- thanks for straightening it out! Everything looks spot on now.
  31. pourmeadrink

pourmeadrink Savant (290) Minnesota Oct 16, 2013

I just completed my first trade... But I can't seem to leave feedback. My partner did, but now it isn't showing an option for me too. Can this be fixed?
  32. Todd

I reopened the trade. Try now.
  33. 25-140 characters doesnt seem like enough when writing trader feedback. Could we possibly have 250-400 characters? I think this will be enough so that you dont have to be so vague when writing trader feedback. Whats everyone else think?
  34. prdstmnky

prdstmnky Savant (420) Vermont Jan 8, 2010

What do you really need to say? "good communication, well packed and fast shipping, solid extras, good guy". And that was only 1/2 of the allotted space. I personally dont need details, it was either good or not good, and simple adjectives for each aspect of the trade will suffice...just my opinion.
  35. Jason,

I have a pending trade request and I can't access it all. I also can't seem to request trades or access any of the controls. Thoughts?
  36. markgugs

markgugs Champion (980) New Jersey Dec 20, 2006

Same here, I thought I was going crazy reading through this thread.

I just completed an in-person trade and would like to post feedback for my new trading buddy. Any idea why there's no "request trade" button/link?
  37. surge1311

surge1311 Savant (305) Rhode Island Oct 10, 2012

hey todd I also accidently left a good review but pushed the bad button with a trading partner paulydeets. Is there anyway this could be fixed I feel really bad that I did that.
    rflips86 likes this.
  38. It would be great to be able to go back and edit feedback. Somehow I gave a great review to tonyskennedy, but it posted as a negative and I want to fix it because he was awesome.

Not to mention, you want to give the bad traders an incentive to try and make things right when they get a bad review so the other trader could change it to positive if they fixed the problem.

If you can help me fix tonyskenndy review from rflips86 I would be profoundly graceful.
  39. prdstmnky

prdstmnky Savant (420) Vermont Jan 8, 2010

If you do something that genuinely & legitimately warrants negative feedback, I dont care how it is rectified, you are still deserving of the negative feedback. You shouldn't need incentive to make things right.
  40. zrab11

zrab11 Advocate (505) Indiana Dec 25, 2010

This drives me nuts as well. I have 2 members that i sent trade requests to that look to be not even on the site anymore. So coding for this or manually taking them off would be GREAT!