1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Discussion in 'Beer Trading General / Help' started by Todd, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Todd

Todd BA Founder Staff Member

Update: I've added a "Cancel" button for those who submit a trade request. This should resolve submitting a request by mistake and unresponsive traders. It'll also reset pending counts.

I'm working on being able to edit trade feedback too.
  2. cincysig

cincysig Member

THANK YOU!!!!!!! That red number was driving me crazy.
    Abbbp likes this.
  3. mythaeus

mythaeus Member

I have a couple of things...pretty minor...

Feedback lists # of completed trades and # of unique trades. While with simple math, you can figure out how many "repeat partner" a user had, I feel "unique" is a meaningless number. I'd rather at a glance seeing how many people traded with the BA multiple times. This "repeat" number adds to the credibility of the trader indicating that past partners were willing to trade again. I'm not lazy, but I also belong to the "Asians who are bad at math" Facebook group :D

Also, in light of the recent threads about poor communications (and a regular trading partner who contacted me for advice about someone he's trading with has gone incommunicado) that lead to "potential bad trader" only to eventually be resolved when the person got called out, would it be a good idea to add "Neutral" to trade rating options? These trades may have worked out in the end, but they aren't exactly negative or positive. Personally, I'd like to see problematic trades, enough to make the other trading partner concerned throughout, to be reflected in some ways.
  4. lowbit

lowbit Member

A "Neutral" or some other in-between rating would be really helpful. As it stands you have to give either a clear thumbs-up or (what is perceived as) a strong thumbs-down, and there are situations where neither is appropriate.
  5. dkrep

dkrep Member

Sorry if this issue has been covered already, didn't see it. But my issue comes from having to submit feedback in a certain order. Two trades have been completed and I would like to leave feedback, but I accepted a third trade and now I need to leave feedback for that one before the other two. On the feedback page the first trade is the only one that has a character count, the other two are blank. They will not accept any characters whatsoever, not until the first one has been dealt with, even though it is the most recent of the trades. It's not the end of the world, but I will have to wait a week to finish this current trade before I can leave feedback for the other two trades already completed. Thanks in advance for your hard work!
  6. Todd

The next update will include an "Okay" (neutral) option, as well as the ability to edit feedback.
    lowbit, mythaeus and PA-Michigander like this.
  7. Todd

This would require some additional tracking, which could arguably be overkill if it's not used by the majority of traders. Something to consider though.
  8. mythaeus

mythaeus Member

Wouldn't it just be total trades completed minus unique, both values are already there?
  9. lowbit

lowbit Member

Thank you!
  10. Todd

I thought you were suggesting something a bit more detailed and useful; like a breakdown of how many trades by username. A simple number could be doable, but it's only been requested once.
  11. mythaeus

mythaeus Member

Yup, just a simple number, an alternate display of what is now "Unique trade partners" which I think is not as useful as "Repeat trade partners". Definitely a very minor thing and won't likely be requested until people get more trades under their belts.
  12. Todd

13. Todd

It was added last night. See the update post for more.
  14. mythaeus

mythaeus Member

Yup, saw it. Thank you so much!
  15. mythaeus

mythaeus Member

Not to be ungrateful and pushy, but that value should also be in the profile page as well (right now only showing unique under "Beer Trading Stats" section). :)
  16. Todd

I literally just added it before you posted this. (You're welcome; you ungrateful, pushy bastard.)
    PA-Michigander, lowbit and mythaeus like this.
  17. Jeffries55

Jeffries55 Member

I would like to add that perhaps only trades over 30 days be closed IF neither party has left feedback. This would allow users to open a trade and for one of them to send their package when ready, with the expectation that there was some sort of an agreement that they won't be receiving beer back for another month or two (say, trade hopslam while it's available, with the agreement of getting some rare beer back from the other trader later when it becomes available).
    mythaeus likes this.
  18. Todd

@Mike brought up a good suggestion today: the ability for either trader to submit a trade cancel once a trade request moves from pending to open. The trader receiving the request would be able to accept (remove trade) or deny (return to open state for feedback).

I'll be looking at coding it within the next week.
  19. Is there a way to update your trading profile to indicate that past reviews were based on multiple trades? For instance I have a trade noted with 1 BA and we each gave feedback (post trades). We have traded several times (all prior to the new trade system) and I would like to update the trade to show that it is multiple.
  20. Todd

Although it doesn't show which BAs, the "Repeat Traders" stat kind of covers this.
  21. That would work for future trades but won't work for past unless I start a pending trade request, correct? I was hoping I could just edit my current trades. Not really a big deal
  22. PA-Michigander

PA-Michigander Member

It has been said that last trades won't be reflected with the updated system so I'm guessing no. You can always send multiple trade requests with said partner to become 'repeat' partners.
    FondueVoodoo likes this.
  23. Todd

When the system launched many used it immediately to build their trade histories. There's nothing stopping you from doing this either. Just give your past trading partners a heads-up.
  24. brother_kenneth

brother_kenneth Member

Sorry if this has already been discussed. Does anything happen after a certain amount of time passes and a trader doesn't leave feedback? I recently completed a trade and feel it will start to look bad if the other party leaves the feedback "open/pending" much longer. I gather that this person may not be very fond of the feedback system, therefore may not wish to do much with it. This an assumption on my part, and I've yet to mention it to him. I will do that soon, but it raised the question in my mind. Do trades expire after a certain time period, and if so, will that negate the feedback one party may have already left? Thanks!
  25. Todd

I was working on this, and another beer trading update, but had to put them to the side. Too much going on at the moment, but I hope to wrap it up in April.
    brother_kenneth likes this.
  26. brother_kenneth

brother_kenneth Member

Thanks for the reply. I will look forward to hearing an update then!
  27. brother_kenneth

brother_kenneth Member

Glad I just saw this. However, I can't find the Cancel button. How do I go about cancelling a trade?