1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

FFF Tiger Jelly and Powder Burns

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by JakeT469, Feb 27, 2012.

1. JakeT469

JakeT469 Member

So within the last week i have been seeing these two beers popping up on tap at a very small number of bars. My friend had the Powder Burns yesterday and all he said of it was that it was an ipa and it wasnt floyds best beer but still very good. All i know of the Tiger Jelly is that its a belgian. Has anyone had any of these that they could comment on.
  2. JakeT469

JakeT469 Member

Forgot to mention ive been seeing them in Chicago and some of the burbs
  3. eorwar

eorwar Member

Taphouse Grill in Plainfield has Powder Burns & Cimmerian Sabertooth Berzerker on tap right now and is tapping Tiger Jelly this Tuesday according to the owner. I was wondering when this was going to come up on here as I was suprised to find them. Powder Burns was intensely fruity and delicious IMO and the Berzerker was great too. Worth the trip. Check out their beermenus page for the most up to date tap list. Cheers!

http://www.beermenus.com/places/2395-tap-house-grill-plainfield
  4. FlssmrBrewAlum

FlssmrBrewAlum Member

...FFF hasn't had any tap space open up recently. They decided to send out to their keg accounts in spite of it. They'll see time at the brewpub eventually. Real/official commercial descriptions will be available once they do. Watch out for Stygian Darkness as well.. it's another one that'll be out there soon/now.
  5. JakeT469

JakeT469 Member

Thats where my friend had the Powder and the Berzerker. I live close to the plainfield tap so i was gonna try and make it there tonight. Ive had the Berzerker at the FFF pub a few times and love it. Oswego taphouse has a barrel of the Jelly that they r gonna tap fairly soon too so keep an eye out for that. $3 all draft Mondays!! Fuckin love it!
  6. DrWalterWhite

DrWalterWhite Member

I had Powder Burns at the brewpub on Saturday. I thought it was pretty good. Kind of like Gumballhead fully realized as an IPA.
  7. EliteDigger

EliteDigger Member

Sounds like they're on a Conan the Barbarian kick...