1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Fire at Buster's on 28th

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by hoeg0015, Jun 22, 2013.

1. hoeg0015

hoeg0015 Savant (340) Minnesota Jul 15, 2008

Heard this from a friend, confirmed by their neighbor Angry Catfish's facebook page. Sounds pretty bad, like the place may be completely gutted. This is very sad to me; Buster's is one of my favorite haunts, and very close to my house. Hope everyone there lands on their feet and gets it back up and running in no time. Some of my favorite bartenders in the area work there.

liverpool likes this.
  2. +1 to everything you just said one of my favorite places

3. Sad news indeed.
    Sincerest best wishes for everyone affected by this tragedy.
    I hope no one was hurt.

4. This sucks!!!

5. shawnp

shawnp Savant (455) Minnesota Jan 15, 2010

Hope everyone got out safe.

6. herman77

herman77 Advocate (500) Minnesota Jan 24, 2010

Very shitty. I was just there Thursday night having a few beers.

7. sacrelicio

sacrelicio Initiate (0) Minnesota Feb 15, 2005

That's awful. was thinking of going there tonight since we don't have power.

8. morimech

morimech Advocate (700) Minnesota Nov 6, 2006

Terrible news. Hope everyone is safe.

9. Chaz

Chaz Champion (815) Minnesota Feb 3, 2002

I hope that nobody was hurt. One of the better neighborhood spots around. :(

10. Man that sucks, it was one of the first bars I ever went to back when I moved to South Minneapolis. I hope they're back up and running soon, any word on what caused the fire?

11. MNPikey

MNPikey Advocate (500) Minnesota Feb 27, 2011

Just saw it on the news, was just there Thursday night with the family....and the Saturday before that. I had the beer braised beef sandwich....yum. According to their Facebook pack it wasn't that bad and they will be rebuilding/remodeling.

Alpar and Chaz like this.
  12. Revenant

Revenant Savant (350) Minnesota Aug 8, 2012

Bummer. I found out yesterday as I was about to go have a few flights there. Ended up going to Republic instead. Another awesome establishment.

13. josephwa

josephwa Advocate (600) Minnesota Jun 4, 2012

Tragic, that place is fantastic. Hopefully insurance covers the actual value of all of their cellared brew.

14. opwog

opwog Advocate (580) Minnesota Jun 16, 2008

This is terrible. I hope for a quick comeback for these guys. One of the better places that I have found and I love how good something simple was still able to be so unique and good, like their pretzel and cheese sauce.

Also, does anybody have a link to an article about this? Trying to find a source that has details on the extent. Also, I was wondering if there may be a connection to all that gas line work that has been going on there.

In fact, I had been out of town and when my GF picked me up at the airport last night, Buster's is where I wanted to go, but she wanted to take me to Fat Lorenzo's because I hadn't been there yet.

15. Mplsmetro57

Mplsmetro57 Savant (320) Minnesota Jan 30, 2013

This was on their website: "We’re sorry to announce that we are going to be closed for a while as we renovate the damage from the fire we suffered last night. We’ll update you as we know more about our plans. We hope to be pouring your favorite craft beers as soon as we can." They also posted the closure on their FB page.

16. Damn! My wife and I were frequent visitors of Busters. I hope everything turns out alright for everyone.

17. MNPikey

MNPikey Advocate (500) Minnesota Feb 27, 2011

Whats the word over there?

18. morimech

morimech Advocate (700) Minnesota Nov 6, 2006