1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.

Fireball?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by sandiego67, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Everywhere I go these days, people are taking shots of Fireball Whisky. Can anyone think of a beer that has infused the hot cinnamon flavor? It might be ok in a dark stout.

2. Hmm.. probably a nice Winter Warmer would probably be best with a cinnamon pairing. Wouldn't be my kind of thing.. but to each his own.

3. I think Stone Vertical Epic 11/11/11 was somewhere along those lines. I was into that brew. It wasn't very "hot" though.

luwak and Duff27 like this.
  4. an imperial red? Scotch ale? Scotch ale.

5. Crusader

Crusader Savant (345) Sweden Feb 4, 2011

Innis & Gunn Fireball? :p Since the regular Innis & Gunn is sort of sweet in taste it might work for people with a sweet tooth.

6. The taste that I am referring to is very different from the chili pepper beers that are so prevalent now. Cinnamon extract is used. It is the flavoring for the red hot candies and doesn't continue to burn for very long.

7. match1112

match1112 Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 2, 2011

8. Kind of an interesting concept to look into, a RIS with a cinnamon kick. Hmmmm....

9. kzoobrew

kzoobrew Champion (840) Michigan May 8, 2006

First, if everywhere you go people are taking shots of whiskey, you need to go better place. Whiskey should be served neat or perhaps in a Manhattan.

Second, if everywhere you go people are drinking Fireball, you need to go better place.

Fireball is what my friends drunk uncle passes me around a campfire at night when we're all drunk anyways, in that case it tastes wonderful with whatever is in my hand.

gpawned, ESeab, FosterJM and 2 others like this.
  10. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

How on earth could you possibly consume Jameson if it weren't as quickly as possible without puking it all over the bar?

davesway10 and Reagan1984 like this.
  11. kzoobrew

There is a reason I don't drink Jameson. That is one of them.

chocosushi and dawatts like this.
  12. lurchingbeast

I know you reasonably well. I know you can't refuse free. Would you take your paid for by someone else shot of Jameson on the rocks?

Me, I'm pounding it and hoping I don't add a permanent aroma to the bar.

13. Oh I could tell stories about that... But since this thread is about cinnamon stout, I'll talk about that....

14. kzoobrew

I'd take it neat and pray for the best. I have been served a 151 neat, deaf waitress, and lived. I would hope I could perform a similar feat of strength again.

BedetheVenerable likes this.
  15. lurchingbeast

Why wouldnt you just throw it in her face instead?

16. I'd love to try Ten Fidy or ST Choklat run through a Randall of cinnamon sticks.

luwak and BedetheVenerable like this.
  17. If someone wants to pay me to drink Jamesons, it would be one of the greatest things that's ever happened to me.

18. Stoutish

Stoutish Zealot (90) California Jan 1, 2013

Angry Orchard Cider and fireball seems to be the most popular in my area. I want to pair it with a Stone VE 12-12-12. For Science... Just for the Science.

19. Copper Kettle in Denver won a gold medal at GABF in 2011 for their Mexican Chocolate Stout.
    Had a very strong cinnamon presence - not like the candies, but still pretty cinnamony.
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/25436/69636

I don't mind Jameson so much.

20. The Cinnamon is present in Fireball to mask the bad Whiskey, it works quite well, I took a shot of that stuff last Fri.

I love a good stout with Cinnamon, like Hunapuh's, but I don't think I'd want it to mask any tasty beer and be the predominant taste. That being said, I'd be game for a cinnamon bombed OE.

youbrewidrink likes this.
  21. FosterJM

FosterJM Champion (835) California Nov 16, 2009

I got a bit of that heat cinnamon fireball flavor from this years Rebel Yell from Eclipse. Just me though.

Cheers!

22. JoeyBeerBelly

JoeyBeerBelly Initiate (0) New York Dec 15, 2006

Now there's an idea, how about New Glarus Apple Ale with a shot of Fireball?...

mmmm, Apple Jacks!

YogiBeer likes this.
  23. Has anyone over 22 tried Fireball?

match1112 likes this.
  24. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

Yeah it was very cinnamon and chilli pepper. i personally loved it...but i feel like i am the only person in the world who didn't hate it.

Lava stout from Ölvisholt Brugghús has a chilli/cinnamon taste to it but it is much more subtle.

New Belgium Lips of Faith series) and Ska both a a cocoa mole within the last two years. Both very spicy and cocoa (not cinnamon) and both really nice beers (esp the NB)

Oak Aged Yeti from great Divide and Black butte 23 (or was it 24?) were brewed with chillies too again though no cinnamon.

A search produced this...ive never had it...
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/18540/54119

I'd bet there have been many attempts like this (cinnamon and chillies) among homebrewers though...ask in one of those forums maybe somebody will send you some...or get inspired to brew some.

25. If any of you guys are wanting to try a cinnamon beer just take your favorite beer of choice and throw a half dozen or so atomic fireball candies in your beer for about 10-15 minutes then drink.

26. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Live Oak made a one off a few years back that was Chipotle Liberation Ale (their IPA). That's the best spicy beer I've had.

This is the some of the worst undrinkable crap I've ever had, on the other hand:
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/23/65230

27. Ive had this, and although novelty and way over the top, I kind of enjoyed it.

I recall hearing about a beer being discussed on the Brewing Network that tasted like red hots, I cant remember what it was but ill try to find it. I believe it was the 2012 holloween show.

28. davesway10

davesway10 Advocate (500) Iowa Jan 23, 2010

Yup , and every time I head out with my pals Jameson, somehow, always ends up on the bar in front of me. I hate that stuff. Blahh

29. You're not alone! I really enjoyed it too.

30. I think not.

31. zach60614

zach60614 Savant (300) Illinois May 1, 2012

The more refined drink Red Stag Spiced.

OneBeertoRTA likes this.
  32. Southern Tier 2Xmas perhaps? If you realty want to go crazy how about Scaldis Noel?

33. 28 here - nope.

34. rab53

rab53 Advocate (625) Washington May 1, 2005

Shipyard Pumpkinhead tasted like red hot cinnamon candies last time I tried it. You could mix that with a decent beer (or toss in schnapps into a beer of your choice).

35. Really? Only time I had it, it tasted like bud light with cinnamon added

36. rab53

rab53 Advocate (625) Washington May 1, 2005

Yes...it was foul and full of artificial cinnamon.

37. I brought a gallon for friends when I went to the usvi this summer, with my brother bringing another 2 liters. This was before they got it down there though.

38. Moose90

Moose90 Savant (450) Colorado Nov 25, 2012

Fireball can go fuck itself.

Nasty sugary crap, its schnapps under a different name, to call it "whisky" anything is a shame. It sure does turnover like crazy, sell 10-60 50ml's a day. Fair product, but I don't care for it myself.

39. NB Cocoa Mole has cinnamon & chiles, ain't no hotball.