1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Firestone Invitational the 2nd

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by PaulStoneAnchor, Feb 1, 2013.

1. rrryanc

rrryanc Savant (375) California May 19, 2006

Ya 12:01 here and no email yet. I doubt I was in the first five though, my parents internet is terrible.
  2. arash1000

arash1000 Aficionado (170) Arkansas Sep 26, 2012

Well my email came in at 12:01am but I did not get a email about a gift. I hope that I was one of the first 5 but it does not look like it.
  3. TheRealPour

TheRealPour Savant (445) Illinois Jan 29, 2009

I was up as well (1:58am Chicago time) and hitting 'F5' until the tickets were on sale. Might not have been in the first 5, but I was definitely in the first 10-20!

See ya in Paso Robles!
  4. TheRealPour

Coming in from Chicago for the fest and wondering if Kern River is worth the side trip? If not, can I score some Citra anywhere closer to Paso Robles or even Bakersfield? A 160-mile detour is iffy, but I'd really love to hit them up.
  5. Rau71

Rau71 Initiate (0) California Dec 12, 2011

I doubt they will have Citra around then. During the last release they said they were 99% sure they wouldn't pour Citra there, which means they won't have Citra brewed. Bakersfield has tons of their normal offerings to pick up.
  6. TheRealPour

Is it seasonal or just that hard to score? Thanks for the info regardless.
  7. It's both seasonal and hard to score due to being a brewery-only release and limited production.
  8. TheRealPour

Thanks for the info...I think I'll call ahead when I'm out there. Their other offerings seem highly-regarded as well and I've gotta think the trip out there is probably quite beautiful. In any case, there will be more great beer than I'll have time for from Paso Robles and north.
    1424IpA likes this.
  9. Rau71

Rau71 Initiate (0) California Dec 12, 2011

And they will be at the event, so you will get a chance at 2 of their brews, my guess will be their Anniversary brew (talks of a coffee stout), and Just Outstanding.
    TheRealPour likes this.
  10. A buddy of mine just got the email "congratulations for being one of the first few people to purchase tickets" - anyway, long email short, he gets access to the event an hour before the rest of us.
  11. Sweet!
  12. CenCalMario

CenCalMario Savant (285) California Jan 12, 2009

Nice... your buddy can do some serious damage with that hour in Candy Land.
  13. grrrah

grrrah Savant (310) California Sep 21, 2009

How about the last five? I'm pretty sure I got one of the last tickets ;)

Looking forward to this!
  14. 1424IpA

1424IpA Savant (395) California Nov 2, 2012

Hopefully they let ur buddy take a couple buddies otherwise him and the other lucky 4 are gonna be lonely pitiful alcoholics.
    Rau71 likes this.
  15. Few buddies going and I'd love to join them. If anyone has extra tickets, please BM me.
  16. Just curious if anyone from SoCal or if anyone from the Midwest that is coming would want to do an IP trade for locals? If so, please message me. Anyone know if Goose Island is growlering Dark Matter? I'd be interested in stuff from Alesmith, Ballast Point, Three Floyds, Revolution,kuhnenen, or random GI Stuff. Or also if anyone has any of the Eclipse 3L(Rye, EC12, EC18), 07 Old Fitz or PVW 1st or 2nd bottling. :D
  17. ...and you've got?
  18. Locals for Locals(Berryessa,Auburn Alehouse). As for the 3L Eclipse, I would do a 3L Grand Cru Eclipse. For the 07 Old Fitz, PVW 1st and 2nd Bottlings I would do Iced Eclipse 1:1. Also for a JD Waxed or 300day JD Unwaxed I would do ICED Bart or Rye Bart or Block 15 5th Anniversary Quad.:D
  19. redmagik99

redmagik99 Savant (305) California May 15, 2007

Is it worth it to drive up from san diego
  20. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

If you don't already have tickets, no.
  21. There were many people scalping tickets the day of the event at the entrance. I was able to buy 3 tickets, and there were many more people selling tickets.
  22. Skunkdrool

Skunkdrool Savant (460) California Jul 31, 2010

Anyone staying at the Best Western across the street wanting to do a bottle share and/or trades the night before?

23. This sounds like a bad Craigslist personal ad.
  24. Skunkdrool

HA HA HA. I guess I'll be posting in CL shortly.
  25. This year I'm at the Holiday Inn Express the night of the event and would be interested in bottle sharing and/or trading. Anybody else getting excited for this?
  26. Sisky

Sisky Aficionado (205) California Dec 16, 2012

I'll be at the best western but only for the night of. Last year, there was an impromptu bottle share at the pool after the festival. For those still functioning at least..
  27. OakedCanuck

OakedCanuck Initiate (0) Washington Jun 23, 2009

I'll be at the BW for the Friday and Saturday night. Definitely in for the bottle share. Can bring lots of stuff.

Cheers!

(can't wait!)
    huadog likes this.
  28. Skunkdrool

Great! I'll be there Fri and Sat as well. Preferably a share the night before. Are you coming from Washington?
  29. OakedCanuck

OakedCanuck Initiate (0) Washington Jun 23, 2009

Yessir. Looking to trade for some NorCal walez too... ;)
  30. It's going down at the Adelaide. I'm excited to see if year 1 can be topped.
    Skuter likes this.
  31. Which NorCal walez? I may have what you need. ;)
  32. Skuter

Skuter Savant (270) California Jun 21, 2008

The San Fernando Valley group will be staying at the Adelaide Inn as well. Bottle share will be happening on Friday night and after the event on Saturday (just like last year)!
  33. I'm staying at the the Adelaide on recommendation from a good friend that told me about the crazy shares. I stayed in SLO last year. We are planning on sharing Friday night for sure and we'll see how I feel after the event. haha
    KRAZGRL likes this.
  34. Anyone staying at the Motel 6?
  35. Skunkdrool

What do you need?
  36. How hammered were people after the event on Saturday last year? Did you guys start the share immediately after or did you guys grab some food first?
  37. Why yes, I am interested in jumping in on a SoCal centric bottle share. Squids power up!

38. Yep.
  39. What quality/quantity/rarity of beer is expected to be allowed to participate in these bottleshares?
  40. hophead247

hophead247 Savant (430) California Jan 27, 2008

Stayed there last year and only made it about 45 minutes at the pool area before we were told to pack it up.

My group is staying at the Oaks this year, which was being built last year. There is a bar downstairs and a breakfast buffet/restaurant on premises.