Firestone Invitational the 2nd

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by PaulStoneAnchor, Feb 1, 2013.

1. So Motel 6 is no good for bottle shares? How much was the rate at the Oaks?

2. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) California Aug 19, 2008

I'll be there. Definitely potentially interested...

huadog and Skunkdrool like this.
  3. hophead247

hophead247 Savant (475) California Jan 27, 2008 Verified

We had a good time in our rooms sharing bottles, but they were extremely tiny.

We got the Queen suite at the Oaks for $189 per night.

PaulStoneAnchor likes this.
  4. Commanche

Commanche Savant (265) California May 8, 2008 Verified Subscriber

Motel 6er here.

PaulStoneAnchor likes this.
  5. Rau71

Rau71 Initiate (0) California Dec 12, 2011

Being local the Motel 6 might be the worst place to stay in Paso. As for Bottle share, I am in, just need to know what to bring.

6. OakedCanuck

OakedCanuck Initiate (0) Washington Jun 23, 2009

I need me some Cable Car... :)

7. I'll be at the Adelaide and intend to share a FW 10-16 vertical. Anyone want to join?

Skuter likes this.
  8. Nothing but Cable Car, Veritas 004, 50N 4E, lol. Bring whatever its all good.:D

9. I am down! Thats a pretty shorty walking distance from the Motel 6.

10. Skuter

Skuter Savant (305) California Jun 21, 2008 Verified

We were pretty hammered. We actually went swimming in the pool (but we were all in agreement that no bottles should be brought into the pool area) first. Then someone suggested we go hang out at the hot tub and somehow the rule of no bottles in the pool area got thrown out the window and we started opening bottles left and right. The bottle share then transferred to our room (we had two rooms next to each other with a door in between) for the rest of the night. This was all taking place at the Best Western (we stayed there last year).

Rooms were too expensive back in November, so I booked two rooms at the Adelaide Inn instead (we went to a Friday night bottleshare there last year outside, but it was so windy and cold we didn't stay long) this year.

Retsinis likes this.
  11. Skuter

Skuter Savant (305) California Jun 21, 2008 Verified

No certain limits apply to quality/quantity/rarity, we are a happy bunch that just likes to share good beer with our fellow advocates.

12. Srsly

Srsly Aficionado (235) California Mar 21, 2010

man, i have no idea how people were able to drink again after the festival. i was not in any shape to do more than sit on the bed in the hotel room and half-watch whatever playoff basketball was on that day (i think game 6 or 7 of miami boston?). i did take a very zonked swim a few hours later, but otherwise i was pretty much out of commission for the night. expecting a similar result this year, but i'm gonna try to be better about eating at the festival...

13. grilledsquid

grilledsquid Advocate (555) California Jul 10, 2009 Verified

Yeah I'm thinking I'll likely be in a similar condition after the event but I'll bring a bottle or two in case I feel good enough to venture out of the hotel room after dinner. Looking forward to it all either way.

14. I will pack my Stunt Liver.

AptosBeerDrinker likes this.
  15. Retsinis

Retsinis Advocate (615) California Sep 25, 2009 Verified Subscriber

We had food yes, and then went straight to the pool, because it was a pretty hot day. Funny thing was, the impromptu share then started in the hot tub :confused: most of us crashed before 9 p.m. though if I recall, (very early typically for all of for a Saturday) and woke up to a few open, but barely touched bottles...it was a long...Epic day though.

Skuter likes this.
  16. Siggy125

Siggy125 Advocate (590) California Nov 10, 2006 Verified

Here's one that really blows... I nabbed tickets at midnight on T-Giving and now I may not get to go! The company I work for is being sold with a close date of 6/1. The boss says all hands on deck on 5/31 at midnight for transaction close. After all of the tasks are completed, there's no way I could make it in time unless I went with zero sleep. Maybe 20 years ago...

There's a chance the FTC could delay things another month. Please cross your fingers for me!!

17. 1424IpA

1424IpA Savant (455) California Nov 2, 2012 Verified

Quit.

Skunkdrool likes this.
  18. Any reputable SoCal Bruery members going to the FW Invitational and willing to pickupitformebro (allocations)?

Name yr price, check my gots.

19. I'll be up there, and can pick up your allocations for you from the Bruery.

Send me a BM if you still need someone to help out.

Cheers!

20. TheRealPour

TheRealPour Advocate (570) Illinois Jan 29, 2009

Heading out from Illinois for the fest and might just be able to bring some local love for a bottle share. Any 'reasonably easy to procure' requests? Staying at The Oaks, but can travel if there's some interesting hijinks going on nearby the night before. We've got dinner plans with some local Cali folks after the fest so I won't likely be able to hang (early, at least) on Saturday nite.

21. Rau71

Although you might be sad to miss it, many people are looking for tickets. You won't be out money just the fun.

22. xraided81

xraided81 Savant (325) California Jan 9, 2008

I've got some light whales I can share, were staying at adelaide fri, and everything is booked sat maybe motel 6?
    I might have an extra ticket as well my wife got a new job so she might not be able to get weekend off.

23. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Savant (410) California Jan 7, 2013 Verified

How friendly is the area to just crashing in your car or drunkenly attempting to find a camp ground and put up a tent? Came into my ticket last minute and am riding solo.

Have moderate whales to share at any bottle share happening.

24. 1424IpA

1424IpA Savant (455) California Nov 2, 2012 Verified

Paso isn't as rural as one might think, you could crash in your car as long as your keys aren't in it, bustin a tent near the venue isn't an option either. Goodluck

25. There will be so many good beers at this festival that I almost can't fathom a serious tasting afterwards. I think I'll be drinking Coors Light. Well, probably Pivo Pils, but same idea. Last year I took a good nap afterward, courtesy of Tasty McD.

If anyone is coming with a brewer/media, there's also a kick-ass party at the brewery and event site the night before.

26. Can I come? I sat at a table close to the window and saw that party last year. :( I know I am not a brewer or media, but would love to have a couple pints with the brewers though. :D

27. Rau71

Not to get any false hopes up, but Kern River is brewing Citra today, so it could make an appearance. I had said earlier that it didn't match up with their typical release of it, but maybe they wanted to try to compete with Three Floyds for top brewery.

TheRealPour and 1424IpA like this.
  28. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) California Aug 19, 2008

I'd be shocked if it doesn't show up. The head brewer just tweeted that Citra will be released on draft only on June 1. It would be insane not to.

29. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Savant (410) California Jan 7, 2013 Verified

yeah, if it's going to be on tap only, there's no reason why it won't show up at Firestone Walker Invitational.