Firestone Walker Anniversary XVI sightings In Seattle?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by pjdipes, Nov 22, 2012.

1. pjdipes

pjdipes Zealot (90) Washington Nov 18, 2012

Has it hit the area? Bottle shops?

2. This is my annual vice. I eyeball it from start to finish. From the accounts I have spoken with OlyE keeps giving them the big goosegg on this. It was released three weeks ago in Paso and it's all over CA plus other accounts in the U.S. This should already be on the shelves. I keep hearing anytime now but anytime comes and gos every week since the release. Last year it took nearly a month from release time until it hit stores. I guess Columbia handles FW North of Tacoma and King County so who knows...I'm not a distro whiz.

3. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

Having it right now in Longview and it is amazing. Fantastic blend. Better than last year, reminiscent of 14. Really awesome!

4. pjdipes

Thanks for the info guys, guess I just keep my eyes and ears peeled. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I wish I was in Longview right now!

5. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

That's what I wanted to hear! Love 14, not so much 15.

6. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (845) Washington May 12, 2005

I've been out of the area for the last 10 days - is FW16 on the shelves in Seattle yet/still? Abyss?

7. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

I haven't seen 16 yet anywhere, but then again, I haven't been looking that hard. I think I heard that bottleworks has some.

8. BuckeyeOne

BuckeyeOne Advocate (600) Washington Mar 9, 2008 Verified

I haven't seen bottles of FW16 yet, although I have been looking --- I've been dealing with a flooded basement since the rainstorm last Monday. I have had a few glasses of it on tap, though, and thought it was fantastic.

Abyss has been around, although many folks seem to be grousing that it's gone. I usually pick up a number of bottles in Olympia for months after it dries up in Seattle.

9. dirtylou

Somebody put out an amber-alert for this stuff - PRESENT YOURSELF

10. yojimbo1

yojimbo1 Aficionado (220) Kansas Feb 26, 2012

Special Brews had it a while ago. The guy there said that they sold out 8 cases in the first day. Couldn't believe it. I haven't seen it in person yet.

11. podunkparte

Central Market in Mill Creek

12. yojimbo1

Might have to try tomorrow. Is it in the back?

13. podunkparte

Nope. On the end cap next at the end of the chip isle.

14. HuskyinPDX

HuskyinPDX Advocate (680) Washington Jan 23, 2011 Verified

Price? Central market tends to run on the spendy side.

15. dirtylou

Still nothing in "seattle"...

16. podunkparte

$23.99

17. pjdipes

Thanks!...heading there today

18. To those coming to the Mill Creek Central Market for XVI, if the shelf is empty, ask Spencer or Erik in the wine/beer department and we'll retrieve it from the back for you. As of right now there's still plenty to go around.

Spencer

NWer likes this.
  19. NWer

NWer Advocate (720) Washington Mar 10, 2009 Verified

Welcome back! :)

20. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Savant (275) Washington Jul 18, 2012

Landed in Pierce County today.

21. pnoland

pnoland Zealot (95) Washington Oct 26, 2012 Verified

The FW sales rep for Western Washington told me on Wednesday they were aiming for it to hit Seattle on the 12th.

22. BillHilly

BillHilly Savant (410) Washington Oct 17, 2010

Heard the same today.

23. BuckeyeOne

I have in the past been partial to this beer but I'm running on fumes. It's almost twice the price of Parabola and I'm hard pressed to think it's twice as good. I think I'm going to pass this year.

Pardon my mixed metaphors.

Lordkrystic likes this.
  24. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Savant (275) Washington Jul 18, 2012

It's a tough call for me as well....after the HOTD dock sale, BBomb, MoaS, Abyss, Dissident, BA Old Rasputin......holy crap 25 bucks for 500 ml!....my budget has dwindled rapidly. Luckily we have a keg of it at my job so I'll get to try it for sure, but damn if thats not another expensive one.

Will be curious to see if their sour releases in 2013 are going to be priced the same as Parabola/Sucaba/DDBA

25. CA_Infidel2o9

CA_Infidel2o9 Savant (310) Dec 1, 2012

Not sure if it's just my palate changing, but i wasn't a fan of parabola but loved 16th. I would definitely recommend trying it.

I even bought 1 more to cellar for next year.

26. BuckeyeOne

I definitely passed on this this year. I had a bottle in my hand at BW and put it back down. I got one last year despite the price. Fool me once...

27. BuckeyeOne

Oh, I had a glass of this at Burgundian the first night it arrived in Seattle. I liked it a lot but feel like I got my fill. I'm good.

28. BuckeyeOne

Where do you cellar in the barracks? And how do you keep the other grunts from getting in your stash?

29. CA_Infidel2o9

Lol sry, when i say cellar, i mean keeping it in my moms fridge here in cali until i come back next yr for christmas...

But keeping my beer safe is definitely a worry for me. I'm gonna have to buy a mini fridge for my beer in my room and put a lock on it!

I hear ya about passing on 16th, if i tried it on tap somewhere i probably wouldn't buy it either.

30. BuckeyeOne

For the service you're doing our country, I bet you can get one of the Tacoma area BAs who has a cellar keep a little space for you. I would offer to do this but (1) I don't have a cellar myself and (2) I live in Seattle, which is about an hour drive (in good traffic) from Fort Lewis.

31. CA_Infidel2o9

That's alright, a year in the fridge is cellared enough for me. I don't know much about the process and this is only the second time i've kept a beer to age. My first is Stones 11.11.11 which i finally get to crack open on 12/12/12.

32. yojimbo1

Elliott Bay pizza in Mill Creek has this. Just picked one up. I'll probably try it tomorrow to see if its worth getting a few more. Snohomish Co got this before Seattle for some reason. Usually it's the other way around I think.

NWer likes this.
  33. NWer

NWer Advocate (720) Washington Mar 10, 2009 Verified

You're right. Snohomish County is almost always behind King County by a week or two. XVI has been floating around here for some time - Mill Creek Central Market for example. Surprised it is just now showing up in Seattle.

34. sukwonee

sukwonee Advocate (610) Washington Dec 13, 2011 Verified

Too many $15+ beer releases... I am broke after buying 6 x Abyss, 3 x B-Bomb, Oude Tart, BA Old Raspy, 12 x MOAS..... I will probably buy a bottle of XVI when it hits near me though. I haven't seen this in Bellevue area yet, but I know 99 bottles got it in (2 bottle limit).

35. honkduh

honkduh Savant (325) Oregon Jun 2, 2011

99 Bottles loves doing bottle limits.

36. CA_Infidel2o9

Ill trade you FW 16th for one of those Aybss... ;)

Hows that BA Old Rasp? I just passed that up.

37. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,110) Washington Sep 18, 2010 Verified

What is this "good traffic" you speak of?

38. CA_Infidel2o9

I'm hoping i go up to seattle a few times. I just watched the UFC fights that were there and it looked pretty sick.