1. The BeerAdvocate Store is back! Pre-order your stuff now. Items begin shipping Dec 15. Christmas deadline = Dec 18 @ 5pm EST.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Firestone Walker Barrelworks - Now open!

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by CenCalMario, Jan 12, 2013.

1. CenCalMario

CenCalMario Savant (290) California Jan 12, 2009

Trio2shine likes this.
  2. I would love to try some of the beers they have on tap per the list.

3. pinkgrenade

pinkgrenade Savant (270) California Aug 19, 2011

so this is another production facility as well?

4. Ya, the wild beers are now done in Buellton, and the regular FW brews are brewed in Paso Robles.

pinkgrenade likes this.
  5. Rau71

Rau71 Initiate (0) California Dec 12, 2011

According to the website it looks like all of the FW BA beers will be there. I am not sure if any brewing will take place here or if it is just for storage.

"Which is where things stand now with the creation of Barrelworks, a new dedicated facility 105 miles south of Paso Robles in the small hamlet of Buellton. This xx-square-foot building will house nearly all of Firestone Walker’s barrel-aged gems, from the classic strong ales to the newer wild beers. A barrel facility of this magnitude is unprecedented in the craft beer industry."

6. drgonzo2k2

drgonzo2k2 Savant (470) California Aug 24, 2012

They filling growlers there? I know when things like Reginald Brett were on tap in Paso and I'd ask they'd always say the couldn't do growlers of those.

7. Srsly

Srsly Aficionado (215) California Mar 21, 2010

I happened to be driving down the 101 yesterday and was able to stop in. I had a seriously awesome time, and highly recommend a stop to anyone in the area or passing through. The beers were amazing, as expected, and I'm so glad I got the chance to try more of the anniversary components. the sours were new to me, and they are outstanding too. As usual, FW does everything right.

8. sirtomtom

sirtomtom Savant (250) California Dec 10, 2010

I sent off an email to FW and got a reply back saying that they are not doing fills at this time.

9. this tap list looks awesome ... Def a day trip coming up

10. MacNCheese

MacNCheese Initiate (0) California Dec 10, 2011

That is really awesome, much closer than Paso Robbers to San Diego and near the tourist trap town of Solvang.

Pretty cool!