1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Firestone Walker Beer Fest

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by Ynot2, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Ynot2

Ynot2 Savant (320) California Jul 24, 2009

FW updated Facebook with the breweries that are scheduled to be at this years Invitational Beer Festival. Great line up again this year. More tickets go on sale at midnight Jan 31/Feb 1st, got mine on Black Friday.

2. I am making arrangements to attend as we speak.

3. arash1000

arash1000 Aficionado (190) Arkansas Sep 26, 2012

I am stoked. Went last year and it was awesome. Hopefully the breweries bring their A game like last year.

4. hophead247

hophead247 Savant (440) California Jan 27, 2008

Lets see if Cigar City decides to show this time...

5. I have already started growing my beard.
    I will have my kilt dry cleaned.
    Supplies for a pretzel necklace are being secured.
    My Pliny T-Shirt is being pressed.
    A new pair of Teva sandals are on order.

6. arash1000

They wanted to show up last year. Their kegs froze in travel to the beer fest. They even said that they hoped to get invited this year cause they really wanted to come.

7. hophead247

hophead247 Savant (440) California Jan 27, 2008

I know. We heard the bad news as we were helping set up.

8. As long as the shipping company doesn't put their kegs in a freezer trailer like last year, Cigar City should be able to make it this time. I hope they bring something better than Kalevipoeg though (like a Hunahpu variant would be nice), Kalevipoeg was supposed to be their rare beer for the fest last year.

hophead247 likes this.
  9. I'm there and plan on staying for a few days

10. I am looking forward to this, especially the out of market brewers and the one from Germany.

11. Looking forward going to this. Is there a link to buy tickets by any chance? (I know its not for sale yet)

12. walterfredo

walterfredo Savant (295) California Nov 22, 2011

I don't do facebook, anybody mind posting the breweries on the list.

albertq17 and grandmachine like this.
  13. 1424IpA

1424IpA Savant (405) California Nov 2, 2012

Firestonewalker.com
    Click on events
    Fw international beer fest
    Tickets..febuary 1st at 0000 hours!

14. Retsinis

Retsinis Advocate (565) California Sep 25, 2009

Got my tickets on Black Friday. This was THE best event of 2012, beyond some epic private tastings. Already planned out to crash with a friend at the Adelade inn too... bottle share! The lineup looks just as good as last years, perhaps even better.

kristalynn likes this.
  15. baybassboy

baybassboy Savant (380) California Feb 23, 2011

2nd Annual Adelaide Inn Cornhole Tournament and Bottle Share?!?

pumptrick and Retsinis like this.
  16. Pecan

Pecan Savant (445) Arizona Dec 20, 2012

Will be putting this on my calendar tomorrow AM. And...

I'm willing to kilt it up if you are. SEE YOU THERE!

17. Does anyone know if it's unlimited tastings? If not, how many tastings do you get and how much is it to get more tastings if you please.

18. rrryanc

rrryanc Savant (425) California May 19, 2006

Last year it was unlimited. Unlimited everything. It was awesome.

Retsinis and kristalynn like this.
  19. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) California Aug 19, 2008

Yessir. Easily the best fest I've ever been to. And the unlimited food was just as much a part of that as anything else.

Retsinis and Pecan like this.
  20. Wow really? Unlimited? NOW it's a really good deal. I'm just hoping for fresh KBS and maaaaaybe some Hunahpu's? :)

21. drgarage

Both are possible, though Founders really didn't bring it with the killer beer last year (in part because their booth was put together by a distributor). I'm hoping everyone steps up their game after FFF dropped the Vanilla Dark Lord bomb last year.

eyebereej and queens1130 like this.
  22. That's another one on my wish list, of course. Did any of the breweries do bottle or growler sales as well? Or was it strictly small taster servings of each beer?

23. arash1000

It was strictly tasters. You couldn't buy anything other than a few pieces of Firestone Walker Beer Fest merch.

24. Agree ^^^ Founders should have stayed home for all the effort they put into it. I remember skipping FFF at first because it was too crowded and walked right next door to Bell's booth and scoring some Wild One. As it turns out, FFF brought so much BB VB DL I was able to get a taste without waiting in line more than 5-10 minutes.

kristalynn and queens1130 like this.
  25. drgarage

Bell's rocked it. Founders, man. Regular Curmudgeon and Centennial?

26. locked up our tickets during the November pre-sale. so impressed with this festival. the first year was spectacular and i expect greatness from this years as well. the beer flowed all afternoon, and having ample availability to water, food, shade and restrooms made the event a complete success in my book.

27. rrryanc

rrryanc Savant (425) California May 19, 2006

Ya, this was really the incredible part. I saw the line, figured "eh, no way I'm going to get some with that line, and there's plenty of other amazing beers here." Went back about a 1/2-1 hour later and still managed to get two pours. Hopefully they convince everyone else to boost their game this year too.

28. Got four rooms reserved and can't wait. I was not at Adelaide last year but heard great things. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

29. Without question the best beer festival I have ever been to.

30. How many tickets did they sell in November?

How many will be available on 2/1?

How many will they sell overall?

31. Rau71

Rau71 Initiate (0) California Dec 12, 2011

They sold 500 in November, expected number expected to be around 3,000 this year, but not sure how many of those are given away for any radio promotion or anything. This is the last wave of sale tickets so do not wait, the 500 sold out in less than a day.

Pecan likes this.
  32. I plan to, thanks.

33. TheRealPour

TheRealPour Advocate (570) Illinois Jan 29, 2009

Woke up this morning at 2:00am Chicago time to buy tickets for my wife and I. Looks like it didn't sell out until mid-afternoon (California time). Frankly I'm surprised it took that long based on the great reviews for last year's fest. Looking forward to visiting Paso Robles in June!

34. Welp, looks like I snoozed on it. If anyone has an extra ticket. I'll gladly pay cost of the ticket + hook you up with some beer.