1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Firestone Walker in Texas

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by TapThat, Jan 5, 2013.

1. TapThat

TapThat Aficionado (160) Oregon Nov 8, 2012

So we all know that Firestone is making there way to the great lone star state. I was told beginning of January was when we could expect them in Austin about a month or two ago, but I have been told more recently that mid to late February is a more accurate time frame as of right now. Reliable source also said that we will be receiving some Sucaba when they do make their way over here.

Exiled likes this.
  2. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Tap That Sucuba!

luwak likes this.
  3. gtermi

gtermi Champion (750) Texas Apr 21, 2010

Great... Another amazing beer I have to work super hard to get. Worth it though! Thanks for the info

4. Couple quick things on this...1. Have they received label approval yet? If not that process can take a good amount of time, as we all know. 2. I am not aware that they have signed any distribution contracts as of yet. I do know they were at the Ben E Keith offices a couple weeks ago but have heard they are still weighing options. They will be here soon but I would not look for them before april. Just think Goose and how long that is taking to get into the state fully and that is using AB's distribution network which is the best in the biz.
    PS I claim all Parabola!!

5. crusian

crusian Advocate (620) Oregon May 14, 2010

No label approvals yet.

6. TapThat

TapThat Aficionado (160) Oregon Nov 8, 2012

Very valid points. Might have been a little premature on spilling the beans, but can ya blame a guy for being excited?

7. raffy313

raffy313 Savant (405) Texas Dec 15, 2010

I'm about getting tired of people using this term as it relates to upcoming releases and new breweries distributing into TX. I think there should be consequences paid when people use it and it ends up being false info. One week "time out" for you enforced immediately, buddy!

...now go away!

dumptruck81 likes this.
  8. mattisloco

mattisloco Savant (455) Texas Feb 13, 2007

Easy... You're starting to sound like me and that can be trouble ;)

9. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

I don't care what distributor they choose as long as its not CBC. Don't wanna get my BA releases 2 months late! :)

10. ThirdEyePA

ThirdEyePA Savant (370) Texas Nov 7, 2011

I hope they save some XVI to release in Texas.

11. Dajtai007

Dajtai007 Savant (390) Texas Jan 15, 2009

I believe Silver Eagle is going to distribute here in Houston

champ103 likes this.
  12. icetrauma

icetrauma Savant (495) Texas Sep 7, 2004

FW made no mention of a Houston distribution on their Facebook account when they mentioned Tx distribution.

13. Dajtai007

Not all information comes from Facebook.

champ103 likes this.
  14. icetrauma

NO WAY! Just passing on what FW said and if comes to Houston, I'll be knocking down Spec's doors to tap that Sucuba!

15. Dajtai007

I'll be there fighting for Wookie Jack!!

BruceBruce and bentwookie like this.
  16. icetrauma

Then when the damage is done, we can all hop in the cooler and drink!

17. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

You know, all i have to say is you TX BA's have spirit. AZ gets all sorts of great beer and we have so little excitement about it.
    We just this year got Anchorage, Logsdon and 50/50 and i swear I'm like the only person in the damn state that noticed....
    I'd bet your bottle shares and parties kill ours....
    i know everybody makes fun of the SW forum on BA for being totally inactive but you guys at least try..
    And you don't want to hear how Sucaba sat on shelves for two months this year or that i bought 3 Parabolas and 2 DDBAs last month at a not even all that great beer store in AZ...seriously.......

Any cheers to y'all!
    Maybe next time i'm in Austin......

18. This is not to be taken lightly, these guys are killing it.