1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Firestone Walker - Parabola 2014

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by DaltonC, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Costco is the biggest retailer of wine / liquor / beer in the world.
  2. neurobot01

neurobot01 Savant (295) California Jan 25, 2014

Kind of orthogonal (at best) to the question of whether they carry GOOD beer, that.
  3. It's a fun fact.
  4. McBeery

McBeery Disciple (65) California Mar 18, 2014

For anyone in the Bay Area, there have been 5 bottles sitting on the shelf at Mollie Stone's in Palo Alto for about a week now ($14.99). Still sitting there as of today.
    DuchessofRogue likes this.
  5. infi

infi Savant (455) New York Apr 4, 2009

Does anyone have an empty 2014 case of Parabola that they don't want? I'm talking about the large format box that holds the whole 6 bottles, not the individual bottle box. I received 6 separate bottles, but would like to have place them in the case for storage as I don't have any space.
    ufmj likes this.
  6. marcus23

marcus23 Aspirant (40) Ohio Mar 14, 2014

Just checked Clearview's site again and I don't even know how to find beer now. Like you can't even search for it anymore. They must have gotten bombarded and take their beer inventory off. Either that, or I'm a complete idiot who doesn't know how to use his phone properly. I would bet on the latter, if I were you.

7. you can go to the store & pick one up, they're usually cool about it.
  8. I guess both of us are idiots, because the entire beer section doesn't show up on my computer either. It must be my idiot computer, too. I bet Clearview reallt wants the BA that shared that link to take it back. Ha ha. But seriously, I need them to bring that beer section back. This was going to be my DFH WWS connection.
    marcus23 likes this.
  9. Drz113

Drz113 Zealot (75) Pennsylvania Feb 14, 2014

Yeah it looks like they took down their beer section. If you look at the shipping information page now it also says "
    Currently:
    WE ARE NOT SHIPPING LIQUOR/ SPIRITS/ BEER OR WINE OUT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON AT THIS TIME
    "
    marcus23 likes this.
  10. infi

infi Savant (455) New York Apr 4, 2009

That would be great, but I'm in NY. :p
  11. AttitudeBrew

AttitudeBrew Aficionado (120) Texas Aug 20, 2009

May 24th is when well see it here
  12. Thanx4AllDaFish

Thanx4AllDaFish Savant (295) Texas Jun 26, 2013

Is that a confirmed date? The local Dallas beer store guys seem to think it may be showing up in the next week or so.
  13. singlespeed

singlespeed Savant (250) Delaware Sep 17, 2005

I can be your WWS connection. Seriously, I have a friend with quite a stockpile that I'm sure he would like to move!
  14. AttitudeBrew

AttitudeBrew Aficionado (120) Texas Aug 20, 2009

That is what my rep is telling me. It was pushed back
  15. Thanx4AllDaFish

Interesting. That's a long wait, but at least I'll be in town. Maybe the Stickee Monkee shows up at the same time and I can snag a few bottles of each.

Thanks, man.
  16. Sorry if this was answered already but anyone know when it's coming to NJ. It seems really later than usual
  17. lpwjbklyn

lpwjbklyn Aficionado (130) New York Apr 28, 2009

I keep being told by the managers that it's the beer distributor that's holding everything up. I'm not sure if Firestone Walker comes through Hunterdon or not but that appears to be the delay. They've told me what they've been told each time and that's that it "should be in by the end of the week."

I have a feeling it's going to be one of those things where on a Thursday they'll say they have no idea when it's coming and then the next morning it'll be there.
  18. I don't think Hunterdon distributes FW. I think in my area (South Jersey) it may be Ritchie and Page. Which sucks because in my experiences they are much less forthcoming with information than Hunterdon is.
  19. Just FYI, most folks are having to deal with limited supplies at their local bottle shops. The costco thing is, by no means, the standard.
  20. JustXBeer

JustXBeer Savant (265) California Nov 29, 2012

Parabola is just about everywhere...even the Shell Gas Station has it :D

21. Bonna

Bonna Savant (285) Illinois Apr 20, 2012

I just got lucky and picked up the last bottle of Parabola at Binny's in Naperville. They charged $15.99...not too shabby.
    ufmj likes this.
  22. Donco

Donco Savant (420) Pennsylvania Aug 12, 2013

That's (somewhat) hilarious! Only in CA;)

This is why I do trades to get things we don't see around here in Philly.
    kerry4porters and JustXBeer like this.
  23. ufmj

ufmj Savant (395) Florida Feb 15, 2013

Nash distributes Firestone Walker in North Jersey. And yes, their communication with local bottleshops is erratic at best.
  24. That must be around no. Cal because down here on so.cal, we are all out and the hype made it so scarce to even find one.
  25. Just got a bottle at foremost out here near chicago. It's starting to show up on more shelves this weekend than last!
  26. RangnaR

RangnaR Savant (405) California Dec 17, 2012

FYI, the Rocklin/Fairway Total Wine here in the Sacramento area got Parabola today or yesterday. I got a "back in stock" notification email at 4 AM this morning..
  27. JustXBeer

JustXBeer Savant (265) California Nov 29, 2012

Unless you consider Escondido NorCal...sure
  28. forgot about stickee monkey... Man I just want a breather after all the releases.
    Warlocks-Passage likes this.
  29. Thanx4AllDaFish

I have now heard May 12 from a Firestone rep, for Dallas area.
  30. Apparently there's talk about a Barrelworks release on the 17th of something interesting. Or so the little birds say. I don't imagine Stickee Monkey will be all that hard to get. Velvet Merkin was a shelf beer in SoCal the first time out.
  31. Jared14

Jared14 Aficionado (210) Missouri Apr 1, 2014

Came and went on Friday in Columbia. Lasted maybe an hour at each location but generally most were reserved and all were kept in the back. 6 bottles per store was common.
  32. KPunks

KPunks Aspirant (35) Mar 21, 2012

every year people say this. last year it came out the first week of may in south jersey. it always takes about 2 full months before NJ gets it.
  33. So annoying. I wish FW would switch and use Hunterdon instead.
  34. e34john

e34john Aficionado (155) California Jul 22, 2013

I got one, do you want it that bad? Its going to take a big envelope even after being broken down.
  35. Because velvet merlin sucked.
  36. It was a single person Parabola. Velvet Merkin was a pretty damn tasty beer. Then again, Double DDB sits on the shelf as well and it's amazing.

Simply put - if it doesn't have Parabola on the label, it's not perceived as insta-buy for many.
    breadwinner likes this.
  37. HopAttack3

HopAttack3 Savant (290) Virginia Sep 15, 2011

Hearing it will hit all of VA this week, but since some claim that it's already hit, but haven't found anyone that actually got a bottle...
  38. Smithrob9999

Smithrob9999 Savant (425) Texas Aug 3, 2011

Got a few Parabola in a trade, I like the new labels. It's bad that trading for it is an easier way to get in than buying it in Texas. I also got some other great CA. beers. You guys are so lucky with all your easy to get beers.

[​IMG]
    Mbo108 likes this.
  39. montman

montman Savant (250) Virginia Mar 10, 2009

Picked up a bottle in Norfolk today.