1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Firestone Walker - Parabola 2014

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by DaltonC, Mar 2, 2014.

1. firecracker87

firecracker87 Zealot (75) Virginia Jun 23, 2013

Came to a store here in richmond and gone in a matter of minutes. Fortunately, I was able to snag a bottle.

HoppySeb likes this.
  2. Donco

Donco Savant (450) Pennsylvania Aug 12, 2013

Maybe where you live. But not in CA where Parabola is plentiful and KBS scarce. All of this is regional.

Jmitchell3 likes this.
  3. m34josh

m34josh Aficionado (180) California Oct 19, 2009

Parabola is not plentiful in CA, unless you live near the brewery which is in the middle of nowhere

Warlocks-Passage likes this.
  4. neurobot01

neurobot01 Savant (305) California Jan 25, 2014

Depends what you mean by "middle of nowhere", and "near". I consider myself to live near(ish) the brewery (Santa Barbara), but not in the middle of nowhere. Even Paso's not exactly flyover country, but I get the point. Also, here in SB, there are plenty of places I could go get Parabola right now (admittedly, marked up to $20+/bottle). Not plentiful—it disappeared pretty quick at $15—but no riots over bottles either.

mrkdwrds likes this.
  5. I did 3 for Parabola. And when you factor shipping, 36 oz for 22 is if anything too generous.

6. tclipse

tclipse Savant (285) Virginia Jul 22, 2012

I got my bottle because of you... randomly checked my local TW this evening and got the last one. Many thanks.

Confirmed, total wine Chantilly got theirs and it is gone... word has it McLean sold out as well.

montman likes this.
  7. I was able to snag a bottle in Richmond. Anyone who got it is sold out.

8. camwip

camwip Zealot (80) Nevada Mar 16, 2009

I was able to get 7 bottles in Northern Nevada last week at a small liquor store

9. HopAttack3

HopAttack3 Savant (300) Virginia Sep 15, 2011

No bottles came out to my little area in the Shenandoah Valley of VA, we had 6-8 cases of 17th that made it out...I struck out...damn it...have a friend in Cali keeping an eye out for me, he said it tends to sit longer than other dank beers out there because of the cost...so there is a chance!

10. mj81

mj81 Advocate (555) New Jersey Sep 11, 2013

One place near me still had a bottle of 17th when I was there last week. May even still have it but parabola came and went (which is weird cause Sucaba just sat on the shelves there).

11. xxfesterxx

xxfesterxx Aspirant (30) California May 10, 2013

have access to 12 bottles people lmk if you need it maybe we can work out a trade. Think its 17.99 a bottle I am located in CA.... Private message me

12. Donco

Donco Savant (450) Pennsylvania Aug 12, 2013

Agreed. I traded with a good gentleman out in CA: 4 KBS for 2 Parabolas and I threw in a Backwoods Bastard since he had not tried one of those. Good trade and a good value both ways in my mind;)

kerry4porters likes this.
  13. verklempt

verklempt Disciple (50) Minnesota Nov 2, 2009

14. M-14

M-14 Savant (270) California Feb 5, 2014

Was at the source a week ago Saturday; Parabola was on the shelf, so I didn't get any. Went back on my way north this last Friday, and it was all gone, though they still had it on tap.

Found it in the cooler at a small liquor store in Carmel Valley on my way home!

15. Kinsman

Kinsman Advocate (600) California Aug 26, 2009

Just got a bottle in Truckee, CA. I'm pretty sure it just came in recently because I didn't it see it last time I was at this store a week ago. $16.99 for the bottle wasn't too bad either, which is surprising because this store is usually a couple of bucks more than elsewhere. They still have Abyss sitting in their cooler and it's $3 more than what I paid for it in Reno.

16. Drift

Drift Aficionado (105) California Mar 26, 2014

Saw a bottle of Parabola at Walnut Liquorette for a rip off price of 25.99. I told them that price is 8-9 dollars more then most stores.

17. It's sooooo good and so smooth

18. I'm in San Diego until Friday and was really hoping to grab a bottle while I was here. If anyone knows where there still might be a bottle hidden on a shelf please message me. I would be much appreciative!

19. mj81

mj81 Advocate (555) New Jersey Sep 11, 2013

If its anything like here, it never made it to shelves. May want to hit up the local forum for a lead though.

20. I just found a place that has 15 cases of it still. The guy said he transferred all stock that didn't sell from his other stores. It was marked up to 21.99 tho, about $5 more than what I paid a few weeks ago at barrelworks. They also had a few bottles of XVII left and a couple Stone Fyodors Classic's as well.

21. Catracho5

Catracho5 Savant (400) California Aug 10, 2013

I live in Southern California, and the stores in my area received 1 to 2 cases. Each case has 6 bottles in it. I picked up two bottles. Only 4 stores got it.

22. Christy's Liquors in Coventry, RI had a single bottle left the other day. May be worth a shot for the southern New England folks.

23. readyski

readyski Savant (265) California Jun 4, 2005

24. The bevmo in Sacramento on Arden had a bunch on the shelf and cold box today. Said they keep getting more in. If you're in the area go get it!

25. Really enjoyed the 2014 Parabola...have to find more!

26. Thanx4AllDaFish

Thanx4AllDaFish Savant (295) Texas Jun 26, 2013

Dallas, TX looks like it has had the date delayed, yet again. Total Wine had it in their system for May 12th and now it looks like that date has been moved back to the 23rd.

27. Any beads on where to get it around Long Island?

28. HopAttack3

HopAttack3 Savant (300) Virginia Sep 15, 2011

It was gone in VA minutes after hitting the stores, most stores got a single case...

I was able to trade a buddy in Philly for one, he got 2 in a trade with his regular trading guy in Paso Robles, for growlers of Tired Hands beers he's been shipping west. Cost me a 3 Brothers Resolute, I also gave him a KBS since he got shut out of that beer and some other random beers that he can't get, I'm waiting on him to send me a growler of something from a Tired a hands too!

Have another bottle on the way from another friend in Petaluma, another 3 Brothers resolute, and I also threw in a KBS for his trouble of finding me a bottle, I also threw in more beers he can't get in Cali...hoping to get a return box from him that is has dank stuff not available on the east coast. Trying to work out a trade for Pliny tE for some fresh cans of Hop Drop n Roll...

Have another friend in Portland that is also searching for more bottles of parabola, all my local friends got shut out, so they want a bottle as well, east coast allocation, well mid Atlantic was sparse

29. I got lucky and found 4 bottles just last week. Bought them all! :) It's still roaming around, I'm going to go look for some more.

30. MLDucky

MLDucky Savant (365) Texas Oct 12, 2013

Holy crap. It just began to hit here in Austin, 6 per store, going in about 10 minutes. What part of Cali are you in? I'm going there in 3 weeks, think any will still be around?

31. neurobot01

I know several stores in my area (Santa Barbara) just got a second allotment. There are also a number of stores here (and, I'd guess other places in CA) where the bottles are marked up ($20+), and those have been sitting around since the initial release.

32. I'm in nor-cal, east bay. I found them at a Bevmo. :)

MLDucky likes this.
  33. MLDucky

Thanks for the info. Here they're starting around $18 I'm sure there will be a few places charging $22-$25 and it won't deter one bit since it's so limited here. I will definitely be on the lookout while I'm there. Cheers!

34. I'm not sure if Bevmo can up-charge their products? I paid I think 15.99 per bottle.

35. neurobot01

Likewise @ my local BevMo. MLDucky, I'm sure if you post in the regional thread (or here) where in CA you'll be, some helpful BA will be able to tell you where Parabola can be found, if it's still available where you're headed...

36. BoardwalkBock

BoardwalkBock Savant (295) New York Aug 18, 2012

It definitely hasn't hit LI yet and I am starting to doubt that it ever will. Talked to a few people who own distributors and they are saying that they haven't heard a single thing about it. I luckily got a bottle up in Rhode Island almost a month ago. If it went to RI a month ago, and hasn't hit LI, I think it is safe to say that we will not get much (if any at all) around here.

37. Western Massachusetts got the shaft this year. All the package stores around only got 6 bottles. Way less than last year.

38. MLDucky

Will do, thanks for the help.

39. Stopped by my local Bevmo at lunch. They have 4 cases. 2 bottle max. I bought 2 more. :) I"ll go back later.

Manager said some guy came in and tried to buy it ALL. She said no. Good for me I suppose.

40. MLDucky

LOL. Two more places around me got some, one sold out in 5 minutes. Again, only 6 bottles per store.