1. Rating beers by attributes (look, smell, taste, feel, overall) is back! Read the latest update ...
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Firestone Walker - Parabola 2014

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by DaltonC, Mar 2, 2014.

1. you should see it hit cali distro this week.. went to the feral one release and they had it for sale at brewery and they said the trucks are getting stocked up to head out.

charlzm likes this.
  2. There are many good bottle stores (check out the Pacific board), but you'll be lucky to find Parabola anywhere. Last year it disappeared from almost any store that didn't double its price in about a day.

3. 1424IpA

1424IpA Savant (395) California Nov 2, 2012

both sucaba and 2013 parabola are still available here in san luis county..

FocusDave and charlzm like this.
  4. patkorn

patkorn Aficionado (220) California Aug 30, 2007

Krisp aka Best Damn Beer Shop downtown,K & B out by SDSU,Bottlecraft in North Park.

5. Harnkus

Harnkus Savant (385) New York Oct 31, 2013

Here is comedy for you. A visiting old friend brought me a bottle of this yesterday!

6. Really looking forward to this coming east!

RETEP84 and SHerninko like this.
  7. Cubatobaco

Cubatobaco Advocate (620) Virginia Jan 27, 2013

Oh to live in that area...

1424IpA and Raucey like this.
  8. So the Binny's on Grand here in Chicago released this at about 10:30 today. I got there just before noon, and there were exactly 2 left (out of 2 cases) with a 1 pp limit. Hopefully this will be easier to get in the burbs.

Good luck all.

mychalg9 likes this.
  9. WTH? Illinois first?

grilledsquid and Furlinator like this.
  10. Yeah, I was shocked to see it this soon. But I'm obviously not complaining.

11. I got to the SL Binnys just before noon today. It looked like they might have had 3 cases left. $16.99. By the time I grabbed a bottle and walked to the register to pay 3 more people had lined up for theirs. This stuff is going fast

[​IMG]

Quickicks likes this.
  12. I heard that people were fighting for it at the SL Binnys so they cancelled all future parabola releases.

13. atrocity

atrocity Advocate (575) Virginia Dec 18, 2013

Well played sir.

Madirish76 likes this.
  14. Yeah, I have like one good one a year. So, see you next year fellas.

15. PBRbiter

PBRbiter Aficionado (175) Texas Feb 24, 2014

For anyone down here in Corpus Christi Liquid Town on Alameda, aka the only beer store in town, said they are expecting a shipment early April.

16. heatwaves

heatwaves Savant (285) California Oct 17, 2009

Very positive sign that Chicago is getting Parabola. That means that it's trade value will now be 3x the worth. ;)

I just couldn't resist.

17. [​IMG]

1Sundown2C likes this.
  18. You find these in Jersey?

19. MrPlayboy

MrPlayboy Aficionado (175) Illinois Dec 28, 2012

Derp

20. Called about this yesterday. Citrus Heights BevMo guy told me to check back on Tuesday. Roseville Total Wine guy said not 'til April 6th-ish?!? o_O

Shamb likes this.
  21. WillyB123

WillyB123 Zealot (75) California Feb 21, 2014

There's a place in SoCal called.... I can't quite remember the name. It's something like Firestone or something. But you can find it there.

swolepeer likes this.
  22. Shamb

Shamb Savant (265) California Jan 13, 2014

Hope you enjoy paying $23 a bottle. Besides that Socal isn't a hop, skip and a jump away for me..

23. It was $16.99 when I was there last Saturday picking up my Feral Ones.

JayPeso and Shamb like this.
  24. RangnaR

RangnaR Savant (405) California Dec 17, 2012

I forgot you're in the same neck of the woods as I.. I was at the Arden Way BevMo yesterday, and I asked if they had gotten it in yet, and the guy said "I don't know what that is..." but someone from the back yelled "Not yet!"

TheSixthRing likes this.
  25. Black_Rider

Black_Rider Savant (325) California Mar 26, 2013

yeah not sure i'd consider FW Socal (even Barrelworks).. i'll be stoked when the Marina Del Ray store opens though.

(i refuse to call it Venice as they do in press releases - it's not in Venice)

Modernrickk likes this.
  26. I was able to grab a couple Sucaba here in Jersey and I even sent my mother-in-law to the store by her in Up State NY to grab me a Velvet Merkin last week but I still haven't seen any Parabola yet. Waiting patiently.......

27. Picked up a couple when I was down in SLO/Paso. Considering picking up a few more.

28. charlzm

charlzm Champion (770) California Sep 3, 2007

Happy to see all the FW love in this thread. I've been buying the seasonals/annuals for about 5 years now and am glad to see this excellent brewery catching on further afield.

Funny, here in Southern California, the stuff (Anniversary/Parabola/Sucaba) is not that hard to come by.

29. WTF? Parabola isn't impossible to find, but it disappears pretty quickly - within a day at most stores.

30. RangnaR

RangnaR Savant (405) California Dec 17, 2012

You know what else I've noticed is that around my area, if the boxed F-W beers hang around on shelves, I think the distributor comes back around and snags them again, Otherwise, someone fairly rich is consistently waiting a long time to swoop in and suddenly buy a large number of these beers. Not likely, since one location confirmed for me that the distributor took back a bunch of Double DBA that had been languishing on the store shelf the day before I was planning to buy a few to cellar... I wish distributors did that with all the old IPAs I'm always running across...

JohnnyMc, prock180 and charlzm like this.
  31. There is a liquor store near me that does a lot of business with Firestone Walker. I was in there last Friday, and they had just received in a large shipment of Proprietor's Vintage Series beers. This is new old stock direct from FW. They had 2013 Velvet Merkin, Sucaba, DBA, and Parabola. I also saw a couple boxes of 2012 Parabola. They had Sixteen, and Seventeen too. The owner said that he should be receiving 2014 Parabola sometime this week.

32. charlzm

charlzm Champion (770) California Sep 3, 2007

Really? Huh. I've never had any trouble finding it. Well, MUCH trouble.

33. neurobot01

neurobot01 Savant (295) California Jan 25, 2014

2012 Parabola? Where's this liquor store? Because, want.

34. It's in Camarillo, CA. The bottles of 2012 Parabola were priced at $29.99. If you're still interested send me a message, and I'll give you the store info.

35. Impfan

Impfan Aficionado (235) Washington Dec 31, 2009

Bring it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36. McBeery

McBeery Disciple (65) California Mar 18, 2014

I checked most of the Bevmo stock online for the Bay Area. Menlo Park was the only one with stock and had 25 bottles of Parabola. I picked up a few today.

37. Shamb

Shamb Savant (265) California Jan 13, 2014

Nothing in the Sacramento area yet.

38. Parabola sits on the shelves for a few weeks where i'm from

39. SoCal Bevmo said not for a few more weeks for them. He said it hadn't even hit their warehouse :(

40. I'm usually patient but not with parabola!