1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Firestone Walker Sucaba (Abacus) Release

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by jvillefan, Jan 12, 2013.

1. WagonCircler

WagonCircler Savant (280) New York May 15, 2011

Ill buy you a bottle if you go pick it up for me, bro.

Levitation likes this.
  2. JRBecks

JRBecks Savant (400) Illinois Apr 3, 2012

I just had a 2012 bottle at a Bar 2 weeks ago, paid $30 for the bottle. Damn fine beer cant wait to get a bottle off the shelf this year.

3. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Savant (395) New York Jan 13, 2010

I randomly found a 2012 Parabola last month in some obscure half beer store/half deli in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. $22 was a little too pricey for me, but I gave the head's up to another BAer and he snagged it. I'm pressing the owner of the store for Sucaba. Hopefully he'll get a few bottles in next month.

4. DonDirkA

DonDirkA Savant (400) Arizona Dec 14, 2011

Hells yes. His FW Proprietor's Reserve beers always go for $13.99 I think (except the Anniversaries). He is closed on Sunday and Monday but I'll swing my Tuesday when I get off work. Your looking for the Sucaba right? BM me

5. gshak

gshak Savant (465) Texas Feb 20, 2011

Any sightings of this in the SoCal region yet? Please and thank you!

6. Man, it's still all over the place in the Bay Area...$22-25 a bottle. As in I can literally walk into any Whole Foods or BevMo. Maybe it's the price that is keeping on the shelves but I know I've got a few stashed away. I'd buy more were it not for the upcoming Sucaba release.

7. I know for SF Beer Week they are doing a release party at a local joint.

8. This happened to me, I was going nuts trying to get these beers and like five months later I see Sucaba and Parabola.

9. ncaudle

ncaudle Advocate (605) Virginia May 28, 2010

Sucaba was sitting on the shelf at WLV during DLD weekend...

IMSPEAKNOENGLISH likes this.
  10. I found 2012 Sucaba still on the shelf for $16 yesterday. Probably should have bought more than one.

11. Bond111

Bond111 Savant (335) Minnesota Feb 14, 2011

ISO!! I really want to try more of what FW has to offer. I've only had XV, Union Jack(on tap in Seattle) and Parabola. All of which are outstanding. Anyone willing to send me a FW care package?

12. Rainier

Rainier Savant (270) California Dec 20, 2012

I might drive to paso robles to pick some up...
    Only about 30 minute drive

13. mychalg9

mychalg9 Advocate (710) Illinois Apr 8, 2010

Any in IL yet?

14. Neither of my places have it yet.

15. Any of this sneaking into NH???

16. marshmeli

marshmeli Savant (425) New York Feb 14, 2012

Nothing in NYC-area that I have seen yet, anyone see any yet?

17. Crookdrain

Probably won't get here til at least the end of the week. Ted at Top Hops told me he has some on order but didn't know when they'd be delivered. He mentioned never getting FW XVI supposedly because of Sandy (distributor's excuse), and wasn't sure how Sandy would affect Sucaba's release.

18. mychalg9

mychalg9 Advocate (710) Illinois Apr 8, 2010

Thanks!

19. carps4

carps4 Aficionado (100) New York Feb 27, 2012

Haven't seen or heard either. Do you know who in NYC got FW 16? The bottle shop I hit up here never got it and same for the whole foods I go to as well.

20. Crookdrain

I couldn't find FW 16 anywhere in NYC. I ended up picking up a bottle at DeCicco's Ardsley for $25. Pretty easy drive from the city. Also had a shit ton of hard to find Bruery stuff and cases of Backwoods Bastard.

21. Nectar

Nectar Savant (310) New Jersey Jan 17, 2013

I bought a bottle of 2012 a week for 3 weeks at a small shop near me.

Week #4 I went in and the last 3 were still sitting there. I said screw it and bought them all. Its an amazing beer and certainly worthy of all the praise it gets

FriarTuckInLuck likes this.
  22. kdb150

kdb150 Savant (490) Pennsylvania Mar 8, 2012

Last year's Sucaba is drinking wonderfully right now, indeed. XV has also really come into its own for someone like me who prefers a non-hoppy American strong. Yum.

23. Jeremy6566

Jeremy6566 Savant (270) Arizona Jan 10, 2013

I'm pretty new around here, but If your willing to trade with a first timer I'd like to setup a trade. Let me see how many of the bottles of Sucaba I can get my hands. What's on the top of your FW wish list?

24. Trio2shine

Trio2shine Savant (260) California Nov 15, 2011

Just called BevMo in Fresno, they had around 2 cases left in stock.

25. just got some yesterday in Silverdale WA

26. picked up some Parabola, gotta try this this weekend

27. Asked about a release date for this at the Total Wine in Northridge, CA and was told it should be either at the store or being shipped to the store on February 11. Just a heads up to LA area people.

28. Damn, $12 in WA at BevMo

29. DonDirkA

DonDirkA Savant (400) Arizona Dec 14, 2011

Yeah, I noticed when I was in California that all of Firestone's Proprietor's Reserve series go for $22-25 but I buy them here in Tucson, AZ for $14. Retarded.

30. Whole Foods has Abacus and Parabola at $14.99 whenever they're out. Only the gougers have it for more.

Anniversary is the only one that is set in the $20+ range.

31. it's so good

caponeduke likes this.
  32. YogiBeer

YogiBeer Savant (485) Illinois May 10, 2012

Havent seen.

33. That's what I was trying to say

34. Envelopes

Envelopes Initiate (0) Ohio Aug 26, 2012

If this is around next weekend in Chicago, is there going to be a mad dash for it or do I stand a chance of being able to go into a store and pick one up?

35. It'll most likely be a mad dash once it hits and people know about it. I haven't seen this just sitting around on shelves.

Envelopes likes this.
  36. BeerLover99

BeerLover99 Advocate (735) Illinois Dec 13, 2008

SWEET! Thanks for the information. Firestone Walker just makes damn fine beer, so
    look forward to ACTUALLY trying this one day.

37. Thecherryman

Thecherryman Initiate (0) Arizona Dec 8, 2010

38. Any sighting in the Bay Area?

39. Jeremy6566

Jeremy6566 Savant (270) Arizona Jan 10, 2013

Does that mean you have a confirmed sighting in AZ?

FYI... I just ran over to Total Wine at Warner and I10 to snag a BA Bigfoot and asked when they were getting Sucaba, they are expecting it around the 20th.

40. If its anything like Abyss, we'll see if 2 weeks after its hit San Jose/Livermore and you'll really have to hunt to find one.

SanFranJake likes this.