1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Firestone Walker Sucaba (Abacus) Release

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by jvillefan, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Luckily I'm in Tracy, and work in Livermore. But I still had to work for Abyss. Didn't have to work at all for BA Bigfoot so I hope it's like the latter.
  2. You people that have access to Parabola for $15 a bottle better be cleaning those shelves. I paid $23 here in Philly for basically the only bottle I could find, and 2012 Sucaba has been MIA for quite a while, but I imagine if Parabola is 23, Sucaba will be a heart attack.
  3. Im in Boston (Brighton to be exact) and always looking for new stores to check out. Havent been able to find pandora, abacus, or xvi yet
  4. I had to call and call to get Abyss. Then had to take Muni to other side of city to WF and grabbed 2 (limit) of the last 3 abyss they had. It was in stock all of 6 hours. East Bay never got abyss far as I could tell.
  5. Thecherryman

Thecherryman Initiate (0) Arizona Dec 8, 2010

Jeremy, No sightings! IT will be here around then. I am very excited about it and will hopefully get 3-4
    Jeremy6566 likes this.
  6. Well then, it's a good thing I know where I'll be able to get it on the down-low! :cool:
    CommanderOfAwesome likes this.
  7. Perry's got some but sold out QUICK and Safeway in Livermore had a case and sold out fast. I got lucky and got Abyss in Tracy. Got 3 bottles and I went in the next day and it was all gone
  8. MadDogMD

MadDogMD Aficionado (120) Arizona Jan 7, 2013

How much BA Bigfoot do they have?
  9. Pelican5

Pelican5 Savant (310) California Feb 4, 2012

Sucaba just hit Santa Barbara a couple of days ago. Its drinking fantastic right out of the gates. Better than last years fresh IMO. Get some!

[​IMG]
  10. Waldomega

Waldomega Aficionado (105) Nevada Jan 15, 2013

Its all over vegas. Whole foods had so much they have a 4 bottle limit. Khourys had a 2 bottle limit and will tap a keg of it next Wednesday. Aces and ales has it on tap, and total wine had a 4 bottle limit
  11. Yeah, it's on the shelf in nj. Saw it last week.
  12. Just had it tonight, may be my new favorite!
    Pelican5 likes this.
  13. So, it's pretty much everywhere but San Diego. Natch.
    Johnnyramirez likes this.
  14. Nothing in orange county yet either.
  15. RobDB

RobDB Advocate (560) New Jersey Aug 31, 2009

Where in NJ did you see it?
  16. Jeremy6566

Jeremy6566 Savant (270) Arizona Jan 10, 2013

They only had a case of each
  17. Yeah that seems like it was prob last years.. Idk but I've not seen the new release
  18. Where in NJ? I have trouble finding any FW here in NJ!
  19. rigo

rigo Aficionado (135) New York Jul 30, 2006

any in ny
  20. Last year i received mine from high grade about 2 months after the california release, i wanna say early april, but then high grade always seems behind.
  21. BigB415

BigB415 Savant (275) California Aug 24, 2010

I should pick up a bottle of this this year or break out the one from 2012 I have sitting in my cellar. Last year I was lucky enough to get both bottles I bought signed by David Walker himself. Amazing guy!
  22. Have not seen any in NYC yet. Hopefully soon.
  23. Anyone seen this in the Bay Area yet?
  24. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Savant (385) New York Jan 13, 2010

Heard it should hit NYC later this week (according to 2 beer shops I spoke to).
  25. I haven't, I put my name down at local WF, BevMo and bottle shop. None have received it yet, nor do they know specifically when they'll get it. I've heard end of this week to sometime next week.
  26. mark14580

mark14580 Initiate (0) New York Jan 15, 2011

I'm going to visit a buddy in Cambridge this weekend. Any recommendations on where to stop for bottles? Thanks
  27. Anyone have word on when this is landing in Los Angeles?
  28. I know that's it's touched down in the Bay Area... perhaps Whole Foods in SF and a place or two in Marin County.
    Taps in Petaluma is having a take-over of FW stuff tonight along with the Sucaba release up there!
  29. ddskos

ddskos Aficionado (130) Illinois Apr 28, 2008

Binnys on Grand Ave in Chicago had some this afternoon limit 1
  30. Momar42

Momar42 Savant (360) Maryland Sep 19, 2010

Or all of them.
  31. BevMo in Livermore has 2 cases. $14.99 limit 1
  32. No1Smitty

No1Smitty Savant (385) California Nov 7, 2011

Mule ? :D
  33. If I can tomorrow I will! I grabbed my 1 bottle already. Sorry. But if I somehow can get another one I will. BTW Petes in Tracy is getting a shipment. Next week. I should be able to mule then.
  34. No1Smitty

No1Smitty Savant (385) California Nov 7, 2011

I was making a funny , but that sounds cool Johnny. Are going to crack it open soon or saving it ?
  35. Saving for a minute. I will let you know when I open it though.
  36. maxcoinage

maxcoinage Savant (440) Illinois Apr 6, 2012

WOAH! I need to check with Binnys in the NW Burbs. I thought they were saying end of the month...
  37. taxman

taxman Savant (255) Illinois Feb 22, 2012

Binny's in Skokie also received it today.
  38. Limit 1 seriously? It's sucaba, not cherry rye! I would think they got 10 cases.
  39. beerborn

beerborn Savant (345) Georgia Jan 22, 2012

This Binny guy is always blowin up the threads.. gonna have to yellow page his ass
  40. mjohnson17

mjohnson17 Advocate (585) Illinois Apr 29, 2012

Welcome to the Chicago beer scene. Such is life.

All kidding aside I was told they went through 2 cases in 2 hours with a 1 bottle limit. And this was literally 2 hours off the truck...and without a post on BA about it, just regular traffic. So the 1 bottle limit didn't surprise me. I don't expect it to last 24 hrs.