1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.

Firestone Walker - Velvet Merkin

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by imfrommichigan, Aug 7, 2013.

1. m34josh

m34josh Aficionado (190) California Oct 19, 2009

How far are you willing to drive? I know a place about an hour away

2. atomic

atomic Savant (455) Illinois Sep 22, 2009

I hear parabola collects dust by the case in Seattle, maybe worth making a trade.

kemoarps likes this.
  3. I never even saw it sitting on the shelves in the East Bay. Had to ask for it as it was behind most counters and gone within a week.

4. It's on some shelves in SoCal already. Personally saw the last bottle at a Vendome here (they said they got it in last night) and another BA stated on a local thread they saw it at a local BevMo. There's also one on my beer shelf in the basement. ;)

dianimal likes this.
  5. CaptainQ

CaptainQ Savant (305) Washington Feb 17, 2013

Sure does. How many cases do you want and what do you have to have to trade?

kemoarps likes this.
  6. According to my friend, it was already released around the LA area. Still waiting in the Bay Area for it!

7. hops206

hops206 Aspirant (25) California Jul 3, 2013

I sold it in to several stores yesterday. Game on...

8. Any in San Diego?

9. Zorro

Zorro Advocate (715) California Dec 25, 2003

It has been released bought it today.

Got two bottles cost $16.95 a bottle.

10. sil1

sil1 Aficionado (245) California May 19, 2012

What part of SoCal ?

11. Zorro

Zorro Advocate (715) California Dec 25, 2003

Santa Barbara County.

12. Anyone spot Merkin in WA??

13. jpaulsen

jpaulsen Savant (260) California Dec 6, 2010

Any sightings in Orange County, CA?

14. hops206

hops206 Aspirant (25) California Jul 3, 2013

ventura county

15. atomic

atomic Savant (455) Illinois Sep 22, 2009

I appreciate the offer, but I got 2 bottles in my cellar, thats plenty for me. Velvet Merkin on the other hand...

kemoarps likes this.

16. Molly Stone in the Castro District may still have it.

17. DanH83

DanH83 Aficionado (210) New York Feb 14, 2013

.....in New York?

18. Any Velvet Merkin sightings in New Jersey? A beer manager at my local store told me that he spoke to a Bud delivery guy and said that Velvet Merkin isn't going to make it to NJ. Can anyone (hopefully) prove me wrong or confirm this? Hopefully this isn't true.

myron317 likes this.
  19. Haven't seen any yet and I"ve been looking. I recall in a post on their facebook (as well as a rep on here) that it was coming to Jersey. It was some time ago so maybe things have changed. If I find it again, I'll post it here. Theres also a thread in the Mid-Atlantic forum on NJ tracking :p

musicman7070 likes this.
  20. DanH83

DanH83 Aficionado (210) New York Feb 14, 2013

No disrespect to the driver, but that's what he is, the delivery driver. He shows up, they load his truck and he drops it off. I think I'd take the words of a sales rep or Distro. office worker over the driver.

musicman7070 likes this.
  21. Would you mind replying to my previous post so that I get notified whenever it does come in?

22. JimGraz

JimGraz Aficionado (110) New Jersey Aug 29, 2012

I spoke to a beer manager at Wegmans who said that he was assured they would be getting some. When is the open question. For some reason FW boxed releases tend to lag in NJ. At least in souther NJ. The Double DBA is finally supposed to some out this week.

musicman7070 likes this.
  23. Anyone know where/ when I can find bottles in San Diego. Much appreciated!!!

24. ChanChan

ChanChan Advocate (575) California Dec 12, 2009

Imagine how many people will get gypped when they ask for this on draft...o_O

25. It's not here yet.

dianimal likes this.

26. velvet is getting the same distro as parabola in jersey, just gotta ask people at your local bottle shops when they're expecting it and you should be able to get one. cheers !

musicman7070 likes this.
  27. Thanks! You know of any bottle shops that are for sure getting it in?

28. Del Mesa Liquor, and they'll crank the price to $30 / bottle.

Seriously, I figure that most of the Bevmos will get an allocation. Best Damn Beer Shop probably will have it. Bottlecraft, perhaps, but you'll have to stumble upon it.

dianimal likes this.
  29. Cheers man, Thanks!!

30. Liquor Depot in Temecula has 2 left... I just got 2 @ 16.99 each

31. RyPA24

RyPA24 Disciple (70) California Jul 12, 2013

It's most definitely here... picked up 2 bottles today @ 15.99 each.

dianimal likes this.

32. And where might have that been?

33. San Jose "had" some bottles today

34. JesseLara

JesseLara Savant (355) California Nov 4, 2012

word is BevMo will be getting 6 cases each. No idea if true or not, but it's definitely starting to hit shelves and taps locally for us in San Jose. Market Beer has bottles and a keg they'll be tapping soon.

35. e34john

e34john Aficionado (180) California Jul 22, 2013

Man, just drove by 2 Bevmos. Wanted to stop and look. Now I will have to make my rounds tomorrow. Merkin or not, I am coming home with beers

dianimal likes this.
  36. Whole Foods in Davis had a couple yesterday at $14.99. I bought one with their new 10% college discount. :D

dianimal likes this.
  37. For those of you guys living in silicon valley. Bevmo on Winchester got 3 cases. I bought two this morning. Words are most of the Bevmo in the areas will be getting more soon, this ones just happen to get it early. $14.99 .

Anyone know where they will be tapping this bad boys?

38. You mean the one on Stevens Creek near Winchester? Market Beer and Good Karma got kegs that I know of.

39. yup that place. across from santana row. When I was there around 4:30 they still havent upload it yet and at that point there were 3 cases. Dont know about now though. Where else in Sj do/did they have the merkin?

Do you know when good Karma is tapping their keg? I dont know if Ryan is trying to cellar that or not.

40. Santa Clara Liquor got a case and I have no clue when Good Karma will be tapping it.