1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

First Cantillon

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by CerealKillerKP, Sep 14, 2012.

1. My first was the Rose, which was a very enlightening experience for me. Have since had the Bruoscella, Gueuze, Kriek, and just acquired Vigneronne.

2. kingcrowing

kingcrowing Advocate (550) Vermont Mar 24, 2009

What an epic troll thread (I hope).

I think people saying 'loon' might not be getting the joke themselves.

It's pronounced 'Can-tee-yawn', not 'Can-ta-loon'

3. DogfishJoe

DogfishJoe Savant (460) Ohio Feb 14, 2010

first sour was cantillon classic and its the only one ive had, my shops get it very rarely and do raffles for them, i work afternoons so never get a shot at them :( ive seen bottles twice in the last 2-3 years.

4. adkieffer

adkieffer Savant (320) Washington Nov 23, 2010

My first was a Fou Foune on tap at Brouwers sourfest. It was the perfect start to a day! Had that exact Cantillon the other day that I found in Ireland of all places. I rank it in my top 5 of all time! Congrats on popping your cherry!

5. I remember when my friend was bartending at the Parrothead in Shelby, OH. He came up to me and said, "didnt you just get a job? well ive got a beer to celebrate with." He then pulls out an Cantillin Iris 07. Holy mother of god. Ive been on the hunt ever since. He then procured a bottle of Rose at that same bar over Easter break on my trip. good guy.

6. At Avery's SourFest, they serve Tums on the tables next to the rinsing water. Good palate-cleanser too.

DonDirkA likes this.
  7. I had 6 likes in 30 seconds. This is why pictures should be required in opening thread.

8. My first (see avatar) was Rose de Gambrinus at Local Option a few years ago. I fucking loved it! I was at the bar by myself and my wife was at the hotel doing something for work. I called her and made her come down just to have a glass.

9. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

I think you are all trolling me.....everyone knows no one actually DRINKS Cantillon, they are solely for cellar peen size and trading for OTHER 'loons. You silly fuckers. Nice try though.

robinsmv, franklinn, yamar68 and 2 others like this.
  10. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Champion (765) California Jan 31, 2005

Well, I cracked popped my 2008 LP Kriek and... meh. Some people really liked it, I was not impressed. Not bad, but I wasn't inspired. I hope to try a Framboise. Maybe I'll like that one better.

11. DonDirkA

DonDirkA Savant (400) Arizona Dec 14, 2011

I didn't have the Lou Pepe, I had the Kriek 100% Lambic, but I personally liked the Rose de Gambrinus (the framboise) better