First trip to Amsterdam

Discussion in 'Benelux' started by BeerHunter76, Feb 14, 2013.

1. BeerHunter76

BeerHunter76 Savant (465) Texas Dec 25, 2010

Hello forum!

I am going on my first trip to Amsterdam next week, and I would love some advice about a great bottle shop to find quality sours. Where should I go?!

Nostrovya,
    Brian

2. yinzer

yinzer Savant (395) Pennsylvania Nov 24, 2006

De Bierkoning
    Paleisstraat 125
    1012 ZL Amsterdam, Netherlands

Only 1km from Amsterdam Centraal Station. Probably your best bet. Prices aren't too bad either for a shop. . Not sure what they have, last time I was there was in Sept. They did have some of Uli's Geueze http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10574/81839 Now that was a few $$$, 40 euros maybe?

If you are looking for something not too much a whale you might be able to be a IP trade.

3. Uli gueze..... Yes please.

4. patto1ro

patto1ro Advocate (500) Netherlands Apr 26, 2004

Engelbewaarder has draught Boon Oude Lambiek.

5. Jeffo

Jeffo Advocate (650) Netherlands Sep 7, 2008

De Bierkoning is the only beer shop in town really. Good stuff there though, so don't miss it. Sours are downstairs mostly.

Have Fun!
    Jeff

6. yinzer

yinzer Savant (395) Pennsylvania Nov 24, 2006

And if anyone on BA suggests that you can get sours at Albert Heijn next to the window cleaners, don't listen to them.

ImperialStoat and andrejes like this.
  7. If it's your first time there...I imagine you'll be on foot, bus or tram. As pointed out above it's the BierKonig. Aside from that it's hit or miss. How much time do you have in Amsterdam? If you can spare 6-7 hours you could 'run the gauntlet' take the train to Brussels(Gare du Midi) take a 10 minute walk and buy Cantillon at the source! I did it many times. The trains are hourly and it is very easy!

8. You can get sours at Albert Heijn, actually next to the window cleaners, hahahahaha!

(Do NOT believe me.....Yinzer is always right!)

Thijs