1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

First World Problems... A Fedex Rant

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by ridglens, Mar 15, 2013.

1. ridglens

ridglens Initiate (0) Indiana Jan 10, 2010

Ok, sorry in advance for the length/whining, just thought we could all have a small laugh at a fella trying to get his Black Tuesday. A bit of back story, i'm trying to schedule a fedex pickup at my Bruery Trustee's house, bottles have built up for a while and there were multiple full 12-bottle shippers. they are already labeled/ready to go, just trying to setup a pickup. I set up one for a Friday, Fedex no-showed. No showed monday, too, so i set one up for tuesday, and saw no fedex then either. So i went to their online cust service and had the following convo (note that upon replying to their emails, i got a different person each time). I changed the numbers to *** because i'm scared of hackers stealing my beer.

Me:
    : Hello, I am trying to have FedEx Pick up some boxes at a friends house, as there are several large ones. We have done this probably 5 times before with little to no problem. I scheduled a pickup for last Friday, and no one showed up. I hoped someone would come Monday, and no one did, so a scheduled another for Tuesday, still no pickup. There are no comments for difficulties or anything else that i can find, they simply didn't show up. please let me know how i can resolve this so that i can get these time-sensitive packages on their way. Thanks
    Pickup confirmation numbers:

FedEx (Jose):
    Thank you for contacting FedEx. We regret for any problems you experienced with our service.
    You can request another FedEx Express or FedEx Ground pickup from one convenient location on our Web site,fedex.com. Just select the "Pickup" tab or click directly to the following page:
    https://www.fedex.com/us/pickup/
    You can schedule a FedEx Express pickup for the same day or next business day. FedEx Ground pickups can be scheduled for next business day or up to two weeks in advance.
    FedEx will pick up your package at the address we have on file for your account. If you need a FedEx Express pickup at a different address, please call 1.800.Go.FedEx 1.800.463.3339.
    We appreciate your patience in this matter and trust that your next experience will prove more favorable.

Me:
    Dear Jose,
    Sorry if i am sounding rude, but i know where/how to schedule a pickup, i have done that twice already (confirmation codes supplied below) , unless i did something wrong with the last two, and perhaps you could help me correct them. I would like to make sure that, upon scheduling a third pickup, that the packages will be picked up.
    Was there any reason that the first two weren't successful? Is there a way i can ensure that future pickups are?
    Thank you Jose,
    Nathan

FedEx (Ron):
    Dear Mr. Ridgley:
    We received your inquiry. We regret any inconvenience caused by this situation.
    To help us follow up on this situation, please e-mail us back with the type of service (Ground/Express).
    Thank you for your patience in this matter, and for shipping with FedEx.

Me:
    Ron,
    I was using (or trying to use) FedEx Ground, or i suppose "Home delivery" or whatever a home pickup is classified under. I have attached the initial inquiry for consideration. Basically, i have been trying to schedule pickups and no one is showing up (with no comment for why/if there was an issue i can correct), and i would like to get these packages picked up as soon as possible. Again, my pickup confirmation numbers for the two that were no-shows were:
    And the
    one i have scheduled for Monday (3/18/2013) is: *****************
    Thanks for your help,
    Nathan

FedEx (Adrian):
    Dear Mr. Ridgley:
    Thank you for contacting FedEx. We regret any inconvenience you experienced as a result of this situation.
    Our records show that pick up number CPU1029030720 is scheduled to be picked up on March 18, 2013.
    You may wish to continue monitoring your shipment to obtain updated status by using our online tracking page:http://www.fedex.com/Tracking
    We hope this information is helpful. Again, thank you for contacting FedEx

First world problems, i know. Oh well... i'll get to drink this beer someday!
    Cheers!

PS: anyone else ever had trouble getting pickups to work?
  2. ridglens

jesus after seeing the whole thing, i have no idea why anyone opening this thread would read all of that...
    zrab11, Hanzo, claaark13 and 2 others like this.
  3. JustXBeer

JustXBeer Savant (265) California Nov 29, 2012

Hey I did buddy ;)
    Eriktheipaman and claaark13 like this.
  4. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

Is there a Cliff Notes version? :D
    aasher likes this.
  5. chase2634

chase2634 Savant (315) Pennsylvania Nov 10, 2009

I've had the same problem, although usually they show up for round two. Never had them not show twice back to back.
  6. Blah, blah, blah
    FedEx sucks at customer relations
    Blah blah blah
    Two people from India couldn't answer inquiry, but the third one did
    Blah blah blah
    Beer
    woodchopper and Docrock like this.
  7. ridglens

i wish any of them did... oh well.

i'll just keep scheduling them and hope they will show up eventually!
    MarkIntihar likes this.
  8. kiki3drt292

kiki3drt292 Savant (360) California Jan 13, 2011

needs a TL;DR :D
  9. TL;DR - I'm having problems with FedEx pickups.

In any case, after reading that all, I am disappointed how uneventful this thread was.
  10. BigGene

BigGene Initiate (0) Florida Oct 30, 2010

Um why doesn't your friend just take them to a Fedexkinkos , there like 50 of them near the Bruery
  11. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

Why should he have to? FedEx offers pick-up as a service, so they should actually be able to do it. Especially if sign up is online, this is something that should be easy to accomplish.
  12. ridglens

my apologies... it seemed much more ridiculous as i was receiving their "help" over the four days, it does seem quite lame in print...

Here you go, though:
    "and then i found five dollars" ;)
  13. You're getting there. :p
  14. BigGene

Understood, but after 2 attempts I would have just taken it upon myslef to get it done. Thats just me. You dont get to screw me more than once. Unless I liked it.
    kmello69 likes this.
  15. ridglens

It's not up to me, i'm many states away. i'm trying to make it as easy as possible for someone who gives many of their hours and efforts to ship me beer. It's also several full 12 bottle shippers, so not just a quick fedex trip... i get your point, to just quit bitching and get it done (i very much agree), but if they're going to offer a service they should do it... or at least answer their emails properly!
    BigGene likes this.
  16. BigGene

Understood, wasnt telling you stop bitching, i was just making a statement.
  17. ridglens

my god i think we just agreed, or at least diffused drama, on the internet!... Cheers man, someone take a picture!
    BigGene likes this.