Florida Craft Beer

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by PalatePilot, Dec 24, 2012.

1. PalatePilot

PalatePilot Savant (460) Colorado Dec 24, 2010

Hello!
    I am visiting Florida ( from Colorado )
    I have some extra room in my bag for the flight home, and was wondering if you guys could let me know what beer(s) I should definitely bring back to try with the boys.
    I know Cigar City does not distribute to Colorado, so I will be picking up a few of their 750's, but any other advice would be great.
    What beer do I HAVE to try?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers!

Happy Holidays!

2. eatabagofbooger

eatabagofbooger Savant (295) Oregon Mar 27, 2009

I'm visiting FL as well and have been sampling quite a bit of the local and regional fare. The best beer I've found is from GA, not FL, but Terrapin's Wake n Bake is freaking amazing! It might even be better than FBS (blasphemy, I know!)!!! I've been here a week and have already been through two 4-packs and have one set aside to bring home with me. Also, Hoppin' Frog's DORIS is a real treat. Everything else that has stood out to me has been from CCB, and it looks like you're already aware of them.

Zach136 likes this.
  3. If you are going to CCB, then growlers at pegs can be had (whatever is available). I would also check out 7venth sun in Dunedin as well and see if any bottles are available. Both places are thirty mins or so either side of Tampa.

4. Finatic

Finatic Savant (300) Florida Jan 16, 2011

CCB has BA Bourbon Stout in 750's right now, the Jai Alai cans and White Oak bottles are super fresh and taste fantastic. The Jai Alai is the best I have had right now. Have you tried the Pale Ale yet, it's very nice and a perfect session beer. Grab a growler of that while it lasts.

Cheers, Fin