1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

FootHills SC release question?

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by HOPSHUNTER, Jan 20, 2013.

1. HOPSHUNTER

HOPSHUNTER Zealot (80) Florida May 23, 2009

I will be attending the SC release this year for the first time. I have done my research and I wont be able to make it up the night before. My question is how well does the bottle sharing the day of go? Is there much participation? I was planning on bringing some Tampa treasures up with me (CCB, 7venth Sun, Rapp, maybe a FL Weiss [​IMG]). Thanks,

Jason
  2. Photekut

Photekut Initiate (0) Tennessee Mar 31, 2006

The last few releases have been fun again.
    There is a lot of good beer represented.

I was just about to post a what are you bringing thread, but it seems like you got it started..

I am bringing a Livery BA beer, a Jackie O's beer, and a Kuhnhenn Mead.

There are the haters that do not like to talk about the bottle share in line and when the doors open, but that is one of the highlights for me.

There are a TON of generous people and this is a great way to meet and taste beers you would never have otherwise.
  3. The only bottle share that I can speak of was at the last Foothills release (ORF) and I only shared indoors once the doors were open @ 8 a.m. and it was INCREDIBLE. Great people sharing outstanding brews and great conversations. I was numb for several days afterwards just thinking about the brews I tryed and the incredible people I met.
    Since then I've been trying to save up some decent brews for this SC release. I plan on running the gammit from the Friday night bottle share, the all night in line bottle share, and the indoor share after the doors open.
    I'm definately bringing some Jester King and Saint Arnold brews (made several trades with Texans), some Deschutes, some Goose Island, and even a few CCB's (Moat Water, Zhukov, and a new Humidor Series : American Double Black). Some odds and ends may also make it into the cooler.
    If you see an idiot wearing a Bonnie Blue flag/cape (my icon) stop by and share a brew and pick his head up off the cold cold side walk, that idiot will be me. Cheers, Gary
    marine1975 likes this.