Dismiss Notice
Save $5 when you subscribe to 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine by selecting auto-renew.

Subscribe now →
Dismiss Notice
Join Our Email List →

And we'll send you the latest updates and offers from BeerAdvocate, because knowing is half the battle.
Dismiss Notice

Pre-order your Respect Beer "Hipster" Hoodie today!

Plus: Free shipping (US only) on orders of $25 or more until 12/18/15. Just select "Free Shipping" at checkout.

Shop now →

Foothills Sexual Chocolate release. Who's going?

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by kell50, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Anyone else making the trip to Foothills Friday evening or Saturday morning for the release? If so, what bottles are you planning on bringing with you? I'd like to come back to Charlotte with a couple bottles of Sexual Chocolate and a few others.

"It's the most wonderful time of the year....."
  2. I'll be there with one or two other Durham people. Not sure what all I'll be bringing, but probably a Super Nebula and some verticals of good stuff.
    Holsie likes this.
  3. brstls4drmrs

brstls4drmrs Advocate (570) North Carolina Jan 30, 2011 Verified

I'll be in attendance in the am on Saturday for sure. What time are people getting there Friday?
  4. MADPolo

MADPolo Savant (465) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

Anyone want to mule two bottles of Sexual Chocolate for a Floridian? I could see a couple Bell's Black Notes 12oz. bottles and a CCB Zhukov in trade? Don't bite my head off if not, just putting the offer out there.
    CWinchell, Mavajo and brstls4drmrs like this.
  5. VncentLIFE

VncentLIFE Champion (795) North Carolina Feb 16, 2011 Verified

cue inflames and redneckbeerz.
    Bung likes this.
  6. i think i am going and i would bring an alewerks cafe royale. i dont have many beer cellared. i drink them up if i have them.
  7. MADPolo

MADPolo Savant (465) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

This is done, thanks for the offers.
  8. Doubt I will be there again this year... Life has taken its toll on this young old man.
  9. Nah, John doesn't check the forums often.
  10. BigGene

BigGene Initiate (0) Florida Oct 30, 2010

Im not sure if i am going i will know next week. But i plan on brinning a case of ccb jai alai cans to trade.
  11. It'll probably be 9 - 10ish o'clock Friday night for me since I plan on staying all night in the line outside. Just hoping the cold weather isn't the death of this old fart.
  12. brstls4drmrs

Going to be game time decision on when Friday night I'll be there. I'll be searching for you however. If not then, then perhaps laying on the sidewalk saturday morning as I walk by. :D
  13. Dammit I hate that I have a wedding in VA Beach on that day, it had to be that day! I'd drive from Raleigh to stay overnight for that.
  14. I'll be getting there around 7 on Saturday AM. Bringing some gray whales for the tasting 03 WWS, Kate the Great and Beatification Batch 5.
    CWinchell and flipdog0 like this.
  15. likebutter

likebutter Zealot (80) Florida Feb 7, 2012

Driving up from Florida with my woman...will be there on Friday...bringing up mostly CCB to share...
  16. CarolinaKevin

CarolinaKevin Savant (440) North Carolina Feb 28, 2010 Verified

I'm probably rolling up from Charlotte, bringing BB Hellfighter and Fruet to share....maybe looking to setup a couple of trades if anyone is interested. I got:

Darkness '12
    Black Tuesday '11
    Boulevard Imperial Stout '11
    NG Raspberry Tart
    GI Big John
    Lindley Park
    Event Horizon
    Speedway stout
    BA Speedway (for the right offer)
    Brandy Eclipse '11
    Triple C Up All Night

I'm Looking for few things:
    BA Gingerbread
    RareR Dos
    Hunahpu's or BA versions
    BA Big Sound
    Moat Water
    Cc Imperial sweet stout
    BA Sexy Choc
    BA Blackbeerd
    Bourbon county Cherry
    Black Note 12oz bottles
    Natty Greene American sour
    Other BA Stouts and sours

See ya there,
    CWinchell likes this.
  17. I'll be there. Bringing twilight of the idols, a logsdon seizon and something else...
  18. brstls4drmrs

Is that Destro?
  19. Sure is!
    brstls4drmrs likes this.
  20. I will literally kill someone for that Seizoen. My favorite saison brewer outside of Fantome's hits, I'd take that over Anna/Art/Arthur/Vera Mae any day. If you want to try a Super Nebula (Block 15 BA stout) or something else in exchange, let me know. I'll be there both Friday and Saturday.
  21. Evidently you are not referring to Logsdon Seizoen Bretta (which I will have on hand Friday night - Saturday morning). Because if that is/was the case, all it will take is a simple hand shake. IF that is in fact the brew you were/are refering to, just look for the idiot in the Bonnie Blue Flag/Cape (my icon). That idiot will be moi. Cheers
  22. I'll be showing up early Saturday morning, sometime between 3 and 4 - driving up from Charlotte. I have no idea what to bring for bottles though, I don't really have any out of market beers. I'll see what I can scrounge up.
  23. Since you're bringing bretta, I'll bring the seizoen. I don't know if i'll make it on friday night but you never know...

HOPSHUNTER Zealot (80) Florida May 23, 2009

Idiot...Bonnie Blue Flag/Cape...Handshake...Got it!
  25. Would love to share and try something new but no exchange necessary just come find me (i'll probably be wearing a funky buddha shirt).
  26. Either/both. I'll find you - I was at the table with Tim/Adam at ORF, gotta remember the flag.
    CWinchell likes this.
  27. We were @ the same bottle share table @ ORF. lol
    Due to a 23° forecast for Friday night/Saturday morning this old farty wuss is probably gonna bail on the idea of camping out in line all night. I'll prolly grab a WARM hotel room and hibernate for 3 hours or so and emerge around 4ish. Wonderin what an 11 Abyss will taste like rebrewed in a coffee kettle on such a frigid morn?
    flipdog0 likes this.
  28. I should be there with fellow BA's Macky20 & BubbaBeerMan... Made all the releases last year, so starting this year out on a good note hopefully. As far as bottles... Maybe a good sour and a BA stout to be named later
  29. i set up an event on the calendar here on BA, sign up if you are coming.
    suebrew and CWinchell like this.
  30. BigGene

so how out of hand is this going to be. Can you wheel around a cooler or carry a backpack? Last HUNA day was a mad house is it like that?
  31. It's never been a "Mad House" @ any of the previous Foothills releases that I have attended. People are calm, cool, and collected (and willing to share some great brews). Kinda like Woodstock I minus the naked woman (although on a 20° morning that might be interesting). It's always been a great time for me.
    legend8706 and BigGene like this.
  32. BigGene

Thanks, I guess I meant like 1000 people there. HUNA this past year had over 3k people and it was just sickning to wait in line and get tot he tap and the keg blows. Thats what I was asking.
  33. I'll be returning to Foothills on Friday night for the release.
    Met a few of you at the ORF release and hopefully most of you can make it this Friday.
    Looks for the white guy with the Carolina Hurricanes cooler with an Asian guy with a blue plastic cooler with wheels. We'll have some awesome Vermont beers from my trip up there last week as well as some other local and not so local bottles.
    Don't have a whole heck of a lot of stuff to trade but if anyone is interested in less than 2 week old Heady then I'll have some cans. Also have a fair amount of Event Horizon and BASC.
    Trying to decide on braving the line or getting a room but either way I plan on getting there between 8 and 9pm Fri night.
    Cheers and see you all on Friday!
    CraftEyeDoc likes this.
  34. CarolinaKevin

CarolinaKevin Savant (440) North Carolina Feb 28, 2010 Verified

Hasn't really been crazy since the BA SC release of 2011, that release was insane!
  35. BigGene

Hopefully I wont have to where a jacket,,, so look for the Giant Guy in a Dickies Work shirt with a 3 Floyds patch on the back. That would be me. Most likely not bringing any great bottles up but will have plenty of Jai Alai in the can to share!.
  36. LouDogg114

LouDogg114 Savant (295) Georgia Jan 1, 2012

Just bought a Peoples Porter bomber and anxious to try it. I've heard good things!
  37. Photekut

Photekut Advocate (655) Tennessee Mar 31, 2006

I wonder if anyone is going to buy 60 bottles with 16 mules?

I am bringing some Jackie O's, Livery, and Kuhnhenn beers to share.
    EvoJoe likes this.
  38. brstls4drmrs

Bring that jacket. Calling for a low of 25. You won't get the sunshine there to help due to the buildings around.
    BigGene likes this.
  39. brstls4drmrs

I will be bringing some fruit brews. One with peaches and one with apricots. You'll have to find me to find out what they are. :D
    caSSino likes this.
  40. I'd love to try some Jackie o's.. Always heard great things!