1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

For the DFW guys v.2.0

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by puddledynamics, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rojomosquito

rojomosquito Disciple (55) Texas Dec 12, 2012

The Spec's on Hulen was only Specs in Tarrant County to get it, 1 case.
  2. dalan

dalan Initiate (0) Texas Jul 18, 2010

I live in Mansfield. Stopped by Beer & Wine World in Mansfield on the way home. They typically get hosed by BEK on stuff. Was expecting the "None" response but was thrilled to hear they got a case and the owner was saving a bottle for me. He has a few left. The remaining bottles are behind the counter and not displayed so you will need to ask for it.
    BeerSocrates12 and Krumb like this.
  3. Whole foods says they got one.
  4. Krumb

Krumb Savant (280) Texas Jan 30, 2008

I'm in Mansfield too. Glad to hear Vivik got some. What was he selling it for?
  5. mattisloco

mattisloco Savant (455) Texas Feb 13, 2007

I was told Dallas county got 8 cases... But I already count more than that.
  6. Rogue called yesterday. Made a order for Memphis mafia...why am I at work?
    lonestarbev likes this.
  7. dalan

dalan Initiate (0) Texas Jul 18, 2010

As you know, B&WW is always a tad bit more. I think pre-tax it was $16.85ish. It was $13.99 at Whole Foods.
  8. Nuke_Gunstar

Nuke_Gunstar Disciple (70) Texas Jan 17, 2013

For anyone who missed Abyss, specs in Dallas still has some bottles in the back!
  9. kpodolanko

kpodolanko Aficionado (100) Texas Dec 7, 2012

I'm merely posting on here so I can follow the thread. I have nothing good to contribute at the moment...or ever.
    puddledynamics likes this.
  10. Jester King Das Wunderkind 750ml
    Jester King Boxers Revenge 750ml
    Back in stock...
    fragilehearted and H0rnedFr0gs like this.
  11. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (425) Texas Mar 12, 2012

This batch of Boxers is just outstanding. How many cases did you get?
  12. 3 cases of each, getting more thursday.
    lonestarbev likes this.
  13. AAxsom

AAxsom Aficionado (210) Texas Jan 13, 2010

Picked up some Wunderkind and Boxers at Central Market today. Good to know there's reinforcements on the way!
  14. Rahr snowmageddon 22oz. Came in.
    BA old raspy should hit Friday.
  15. H0rnedFr0gs

Had a nice long chat with Jamie and the team from Community last night at Live Oak. Very humble and happy team. Jamie did not believe that the barleywine Brad brought to the share wasn't oxidized. I also had a chance to hear the story behind its name and its creation.

Moreover I heard they are purchasing barrels (or perhaps already have) and we should start to see the full breadth of their brewing skill sooner rather than later.
    cfh64 likes this.
  16. WickedSluggy

WickedSluggy Savant (425) Texas Nov 21, 2008

Anyone seen or heard about Ska Pocket Protector porter coming to DFW? It was widely available in beer stores last month in Durango - hoping its headed our way because it was outstanding.
  17. AAxsom

Brad has exceptional cellaring skillz.
    cfh64 likes this.
  18. mattisloco

And other skillz... never forget the other skillz! The guy can Forrest Gump wave like nobodies business for one.
    cfh64 likes this.
  19. cfh64

cfh64 Advocate (635) Texas Aug 16, 2005

I don't want to start a whole cellaring debate because I have beers in different closets, designated beer fridge, etc but that one has been "properly" cellared in the wine fridge since the day I got it. The wine fridge is the best I have for "proper" cellaring due to the temp I have it set at.

I'm not saying that made a difference but, again, it's one of the few I beers I have that has been stored there for its entire life.
  20. cfh64

cfh64 Advocate (635) Texas Aug 16, 2005

Hey girl don't forget my pool skillz. Actually, our pool skillz. Remember myself and Raffy whoopin' that azz all over the table? If not, you're more then welcome to come back and refresh your memory :p
    raffy313 likes this.
  21. H0rnedFr0gs

Jamie thought I was blowing smoke up his skirt when I mentioned that I thought it was every bit as good as MoAS and close to te Bligh's. of course it was late in the share but it was still sexy.

Jamie did mention that he has a keg of Fritz waiting for its namesake to be old enough...pretty cool conversation.

And if you haven't tried their Pale Ale it's really really good...I would drink it over SNPA everyday and most IPA's as well
  22. mattisloco

I sucked some serious ass that night. My poor partner was dragged into the black hole that was my "game". There's also your alleged Ferris Wheel Skillz... alleged
    cfh64 likes this.
  23. H0rnedFr0gs

Free keg of Freetail EoTW Ale at Brewed. Fort Worth strikes again!
  24. gtermi

gtermi Champion (750) Texas Apr 21, 2010

Half off all Jester King beers at HEB Burleson.
  25. H0rnedFr0gs

What beers are left?
  26. AAxsom

Agree, what's left in terms of JK stuff?

FYI - there is a new HEB that just got approved to go in Southeast Fort Worth...which I like.
    gtermi likes this.
  27. gtermi

Petit Prince, Black Metal, Original Wytchmaker, Mad Meg and Noble King
  28. gtermi

29. JJFoodie

JJFoodie Aficionado (210) Texas May 11, 2009

Holy fucking shit, Mad Meg for $6?!?! Why is this happening, and who can #pickacaseupformebro?
  30. gtermi

He is cleaning out space to make room for something that sells. For some reason the Jester Kings just don't sell in Burleson (like how the original Wytchmaker still sitting on shelves here)
  31. H0rnedFr0gs

I saw tons of Stoic languishing on the shelf many many months after it was gone here. He gets better access than he should to some great beers. Glad to hear that HEB is moving closer... Their buying power alone should bring more cases to FW than before
  32. gtermi

All I know is John busts his ass to please the few beer advocates that come in there and he always seems to get great beer. He is by far the best beer manager of any store that I have been to; It just sucks that Burleson doesn't have near the craft beer lovers that Fort Worth has.
    H0rnedFr0gs likes this.
  33. BA Old Rasputin (one per of course)
    Deschutes Hop Hendge 22oz
    raffy313 and lonestarbev like this.
  34. John Mosier? If so, that guy use to be salesman at Hall's
  35. raffy313

raffy313 Savant (405) Texas Dec 15, 2010

Not sure if you're spelling it wrong, or it's just a different John but the beer and wine manager @HEB(Burleson) is John Mosher... and a very cool dude he is.
  36. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

[​IMG]

If that were in Austin... I would literally buy all the Mad Meg and Petit Prince. Mad Meg is severely underloved and ages extremely well.

Also, is that Dogfish Head Black and Blue I see there for $7.77. That's a farking deal!
  37. gtermi

Nope that's where the Boxers Revenge was.
  38. If I had the time and space for more beer I'd clear out several bottles each of Price, Wytchmaker and Noble King. You other louses can have the mad meg.
    Krumb likes this.
  39. kpodolanko

kpodolanko Aficionado (100) Texas Dec 7, 2012

I need BrewDog 5AM Saint ASAP for a gift. Does anybody know where I can find it?
  40. Return of some brew....
    Jester king RU-55, Fuck Metal
    DFH 75min(limit one)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.