1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

For the DFW guys.

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by puddledynamics, Oct 31, 2012.

1. gtermi

gtermi Champion (750) Texas Apr 21, 2010

Did you see if CM had Gotland in?

2. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (425) Texas Mar 12, 2012

I didn't have time yesterday. Was searching out info on a few other things. I'll try to swing by this evening and I'll let you know

3. TX-Badger

TX-Badger Champion (915) Texas Jun 14, 2012

CM Dallas has some Gotlandsdricka if anyone in Dallas is looking for some.

4. mattisloco

mattisloco Savant (455) Texas Feb 13, 2007

Let me know what you think of it.

5. TX-Badger

It's interesting, there's a definite smoke note on the nose and right away on the palate. It's not an intimidating smokiness, but you know it's there. Also some hops and citrus mixed in, kind of weird. I'm not a big smoked beer fan to begin with, so this wasn't really up my alley, but I think fans of smoked beer will enjoy it. 4 cases at Spec's Dallas.

6. mattisloco

I like smoked beer and the smoke paired with all the damn juniper made me almost drain pour. I'm not drinking it but I'll try to cook with it. I appreciate Jester King for trying but it was terrible.

7. crusian

crusian Advocate (620) Oregon May 14, 2010

Too much smoke for me... Mixed it with the narwal and it was drinkable.

8. H0rnedFr0gs

Dang you guys...I wanted to love this beer and with each report I'm less and less interested. I had ASP and Rangers MSP last night so I have no problem with smoke.

I guess if I see it I'll get it, otherwise I'm not going to search too hard.

What's the next thing we should be seeing? The 3 Stone beers? Funk Metal? Buddha?

9. TX-Badger

I like juniper, but the smoke is what was making it not work for me.

Anyone see Commercial Suicide or Das Wunderkind around Dallas?

10. mattisloco

I got my Commercial Suicide in Plano at S&K. I was told Specs Dallas was getting it Thursday along with Real Ale Coffee Porter but who knows.

11. H0rnedFr0gs

Kings got Got. Not much else to report.

12. gtermi

Yeah I got 2 bottles today.. one for me and then one for a bottle tasting tomorrow.. Sure hope it tastes okay.

13. gtermi

Wow, Gotland was so nasty! I can't get the flavor out of my mouth and I have only taken one sip

mattisloco likes this.
  14. Krumb

Krumb Savant (290) Texas Jan 30, 2008

Really?

I enjoyed it. The smoke played nicely with the farmhouse yeast. Was different. Picked up some citrusy notes, too...which again, surprisingly, played well with the smoke.

Glad I got to try this unique style.

15. OOOOOOH BEER!

Mikkeler Black Hole 11.2oz (limit one per )
    Real Ale Coffee Porter 6pks
    RidgeWay Bitter & Querkus. Both 1pint 9oz bottles
    Samichlaus Helles and Classic 750ml
    Stone Mint Chocolate Imperial Stout 12oz ( limit one per)
    Full Sail Wreck the Halls 22oz

fragilehearted, Krumb and mattisloco like this.
  16. Krumb

wreck the halls is such a great beer for the price.

17. Rahr Angry Goat 22oz!

18. frogfan

frogfan Savant (370) Texas Sep 4, 2009

Double Bastard, Lukcy, and Deep Ellum IPA at Whole Foods Arlington.

19. H0rnedFr0gs

Mint Choc at Specs and Central Market

20. Stone Lukcy and Double Bastard 22oz are in!

21. raffy313

raffy313 Savant (415) Texas Dec 15, 2010

'11 or '12, Fern? LOL, I just drank the '11 I picked up this weekend and it was crazy good! Wouldn't mind picking up more of that... ;)

puddledynamics likes this.
  22. I don't know what you're talking about sir, we don't have aged beers here.

23. Couple of brews are in.
    Boulevard Harvest Dance 750ml
    Lazy Magnolia Timber Beast 4pk 12oz
    NewCastle Winter IPA 6pk 12oz

24. H0rnedFr0gs

Any word on additional cases of Mint Choc landing? Dissident?

DEBC IPA coming any closer than Whole Foods Arlington?

25. Blind Ambition just got here..not much, but I'm not holding this one. No word on the Mint or Dissident yet. As for DEBC we could of had some had I not dropped the ball on it...my bad. I talked to the brewery about getting some and they never email back...but I also never followed up. Gimme a week or so.

26. Krumb

Timber Beast is a great beer, folks. I try to bring multiple 4 packs back each time I visit family back in MS. Rye IIPA. I encourage everyone to give it a shot.

27. H0rnedFr0gs

I've heard similar stories from bar owners about them not getting back to you. I certainly hope the guys over there consider the difference between growth and managable growth. I certainly want their product to invade Fort Worth.

28. No, it wasn't them. I just checked my email and they got stuck in my spam filter.

H0rnedFr0gs likes this.
  29. H0rnedFr0gs

A case or so of Boxers and 6-8 Stoic's at HEB Burleson. I snagged the last Weasel rodeo's though

30. codybear127

codybear127 Aficionado (185) Texas Aug 13, 2010

Wow there is still Boxers Revenge in DFW?

31. I have no idea how I'm gonna get this in our cooler but here's the list of seasonal and new.
    Old Peculiar 6pk
    Magic Hat Heart of Darkness 6pk
    Gouden Carolus Noel 750ml
    Sierra Nevada HomeGrown 22oz
    N'ice Chouffe 750ml
    Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous 4pk
    Delirium Noel 750ml
    Breckenridge Christmas 6pk
    Anchor Merry Christmas 6pk
    Avery Jubilation 6pks
    Sierra Nevada Celebration 6pk
    Mikkeler Warrior 12oz
    Ridgeway Blue pint
    Criminally Bad Elf Barley Wine pint
    Insanely Bad Elf Imp Red pint

Cheers!!!

lonestarbev likes this.
  32. frogfan

frogfan Savant (370) Texas Sep 4, 2009

New Lips of Faith - Imperial Coffee Chocolate Stout and Bierre de Garde starting to show up in DFW....Lonestar said they were in today. Hopefully we'll see them in Tarrant County soon.

33. H0rnedFr0gs

I had the Imp Coffee...worth trying one time but is pales in comparison to the many other coffee beers on the shelves.

34. Sazz9

Sazz9 Savant (350) Texas Jul 6, 2012

For all those BA DFW-ers on here who have yet to try a Lukcy Basartd... Please do yourself a favor and go out and get one (or 4). Absolutely amazing...

35. Due to someone burning me I will not answer anymore private messages. It only takes one guy folks.

36. raffy313

Expose him, Fern! I have a stake... and a match ready for this clown. Seriously, what happened...??

37. Long story short Noob comes in mouthing off about utopias and total wine this blah blah blah, why wont we sell it, well I heard so forth and so on. They didn't know they were talking to my boss and I get chewed on this morning.....and that just makes me a happy beer nerd.

38. mattisloco

I'm with Raffy, expose the fucker. Infact fucker come forward and maaaaaybe we dont burn you at the stake!

39. Nah, not worth it. I'm already over it. Besides, gotta focus on the good guys.

40. raffy313

I hate NOOBs!! Especially the ones who are just getting into this craft beer "scene" and think they have some sense of entitlement. They have no clue that patience, and just a bit of civility will get you farther.

I want a bottle of Utopias now even more... just so there's one less to keep out of his grubby hands. :rolleyes:

mattisloco likes this.