1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

For the DFW guys.

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by puddledynamics, Oct 31, 2012.

1. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (425) Texas Mar 12, 2012

An extra case of Buddha's Brew hit Kings in case anyone missed out.
    gtermi likes this.
  2. Will be in the DFW area tomorrow, what are some good shops to hit?
  3. H0rnedFr0gs

What side of town in particular? Dallas? Fort Worth?
  4. I'll be in the Irving area, so getting to Dallas won't be an issue.
  5. Krumb

Krumb Savant (280) Texas Jan 30, 2008

Drive over to Hall's and see Fern. Take 183 to 360 north...glade rd exit, go left, about a mile or two down, it will be the "gas station" past the overpass on the right...or the attachment to the gas station...whatever.
    air and H0rnedFr0gs like this.
  6. H0rnedFr0gs

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This
    Only issue is that while Halls has the best selection it is also popular so typically things don't stick around long. The Whole Foods in Arlington might have some things but typically you have to know what you are asking for since they keep it in the back (a pain sometimes). While I haven't been I would suggest Craft and Growlers if you have some empties growlers lying around.
  7. mattisloco

mattisloco Savant (455) Texas Feb 13, 2007

Craft & Growler is the shizzzz... great place.
  8. Just looking for Freetail stuff. :)
  9. fragilehearted

fragilehearted Savant (270) Texas Dec 13, 2009

Well because of the antiquated booze laws in TX, you can only buy Freetail at Freetail in San Antonio, since it's a brewpub. Setting up a trade is your best bet if you're only going to be in DFW. Good luck!
  10. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Oh well, I'll see what's available in the area.
  11. Exiled

Exiled Advocate (590) Texas May 30, 2009

12. ty ty sir. I'll be sure to check these places once work is done for the day.
  13. mattisloco

Drive to a place that's getting Temptress bottles, find out on facebook. Buy the shit out of it.
  14. Heretic42

Heretic42 Savant (410) Texas Aug 31, 2011

The closest place to Irving that'll have it is probably Lonestar, but the full list is here: http://www.lakewoodbrewingcompany.com/?p=1559. And yes, Temptress is mighty tasty.
    lonestarbev likes this.

15. Sweeeet...my office is 6 minutes from Las Colinas Beverage.
    Exiled and Krumb like this.
  16. Das Uberkind 750ml are in.....one per of course.
    fragilehearted, Krumb and H0rnedFr0gs like this.
  17. Krumb

Krumb Savant (280) Texas Jan 30, 2008

see you in a few.
  18. H0rnedFr0gs

No ├╝ber in Fort Worth yet but I was at places before the Virtuoso truck came around. Based on the funk release it could be next week. As stated in the thread small batch 4 is at Kings though, still 3-4 Buddhas
  19. Ranger Creek Small Batch #4 375ml
    Shipyard Barley Wine 22oz
    Shipyard Monkey Fist IPA 22oz
  20. Spaceangler

Spaceangler Aficionado (160) Texas Jul 19, 2011

I was told by CM Southlake that they wouldn't be receiving Abyss due to label approval problems. However, I saw that the label approved on 12/13/12. Anybody have any insight on this little conundrum?
  21. ucsbmullet

ucsbmullet Savant (430) Colorado Oct 5, 2011

Will be staying in downtown FTW right after christmas for a couple days. Looking for good bottle shops in town. Saw there isn't anything downtown.

Looking specifically to get some Rahr BA stout/and or Freetail stuff. I'll be coming from Colorado so would be willing to trade if the Rahr BA is sold out at the stores.
  22. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

Freetail is on-site sale only, so you would have to trade for it, or go to San Antonio.
  23. H0rnedFr0gs

Central Market will have a great selection and is only a few miles west of DTown...Rahr BBWW is everywhere now and if you wanted a case it could be easily found. Specs is the cheapest at 6.99 for that beer (cash only) up to 8.99.

If you have growlers go to Brewed off Magnolia. You could sneak away with some tasty Texas stuff.
  24. gtermi

gtermi Champion (750) Texas Apr 21, 2010

I went to the Central Market in Fort Worth today and there were still around 20 cases of the Rahr BBWW
  25. mattisloco

Wow... Man I need to get out there.
  26. I was told by the Distro the same thing. I'll do some digging tomorrow.
  27. mattisloco

Bottle Share 1/20/13 @ Craft & Growler Dallas starting at Noon. I have submitted an event, once it is available I will post a new thread with details.

I'm stoked! I hope you are too.
    H0rnedFr0gs and cfh64 like this.
  28. crusian

crusian Advocate (620) Oregon May 14, 2010

Boo... Bad date. :)
  29. mattisloco

I'm sorry man, really wish it worked for you. This date will not work for everyone, so I really hope we can do this more often... the every other year thing sucks :)
  30. picked up 2 Rahr&Sons BBWW yesterday from Las Colinas Beverage. Nice guys there.
    Exiled and ShameAndFailure like this.
  31. raffy313

raffy313 Savant (405) Texas Dec 15, 2010

For those in FW... The Gingerman(Camp Bowie) has bottles of SA Bishop's Barrel 1(just under a case left as of tonight). No take home, unfortunately, but really worth a try. Also worth mentioning, give Peticolas Wintervention a try if you haven't already. Really good winterwarmer.

On a related note: Just down the street from Gman, Majestic(Camp Bowie and Hulen) is having a 30% off EVERYTHING/Blowout Sale. I saw people mostly buying liquor and BMC crap, and the craft section was also slightly "picked through"... but if you hurry you might find some gems. I picked up Old Raspy(2x 4packs), Chimay Cinq Cents, St. Bern. Abt12, Merry Mischief, some Ayinger, a Roch 8, and a'11 Sisyphus.

Sorry Fern, I cheated on you *hides face*...,
    Exiled likes this.
  32. Dude, I got 3 kids. A deal can't be passed up. But....ill let you go pick yer switch out so I can swat you.
    raffy313, Exiled and lonestarbev like this.
  33. crusian

I got a 12 pack of Tokyo for $10 at the warehouse sale. I'm not ashamed. No one here would pass that up.
    lonestarbev and JJFoodie like this.
  34. JJFoodie

JJFoodie Aficionado (210) Texas May 11, 2009

That, sir, is the deal of the century! Trade one for a SABB1?
  35. Good lord.. a 12 pack $10??!!?! that is nuts.

I will hopefully make it to the bottle share. Sounds like a good time
  36. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Nice.
  37. H0rnedFr0gs

CM Fort Worth has cases of Uber on the floor. Love the new caps

Can't wait for the share. Building up some fun things to break out as best I can. Someone want to start a google docs?

Also I can't say how I know this but anyone in the Fort Worth area who has missed out on that (512) bottled goodness, an slim of '10 will probably go on later today. Once I confirm ill add details
  38. crusian

Sure thing.
    JJFoodie likes this.
  39. JJFoodie

JJFoodie Aficionado (210) Texas May 11, 2009

Cool...hit me up and we can make it happen! Thanks!
  40. H0rnedFr0gs

A case of Prairie Ales just landed in my backseat and Enjoy By on draft at Saucer. No (512) WBDPP today though