1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

For the Love of Hops (Stan Hieronymous) warning: shameless plug

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by skivtjerry, Jan 26, 2013.

1. skivtjerry

skivtjerry Member

Another great book from the guy who is rapidly becoming my favorite beer writer. My copy of Brew Like a Monk is as dog-eared as a southern baptist's bible, and FotLoH looks to be just as good. I bought it yesterday, flipped through it last night, took it to work today and read a page or 2 whenever I got a chance. I like his diligent research, writing style and obvious love of beer. It's 300 pages, full of technical information, cool anecdotes and tidbits of hard-won knowledge you just can't get from a textbook or how-to article. Buy this.

(I have no financial interest in the book. In fact, I paid full retail for it in a shop so I didn't have to wait for it to arrive).
    barfdiggs likes this.
  2. nathanjohnson

nathanjohnson Member

Just finished reading another 30 pages; fully agree.
    barfdiggs likes this.
  3. barfdiggs

barfdiggs Member

Ditto. Found it very useful (Technical aspects and stories), and entertaining... read it cover to cover the first night I got it and have since reread it a couple times.
  4. hopfenunmaltz

hopfenunmaltz Member

An excellent writer. Very good book.
  5. pweis909

pweis909 Member

I'm enjoying it. I'm not sure that how it will alter my homebrewing, but am interested in it nonetheless.