1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

For the Love of Hops (Stan Hieronymous) warning: shameless plug

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by skivtjerry, Jan 26, 2013.

1. skivtjerry

skivtjerry Advocate (515) Vermont Mar 10, 2006

Another great book from the guy who is rapidly becoming my favorite beer writer. My copy of Brew Like a Monk is as dog-eared as a southern baptist's bible, and FotLoH looks to be just as good. I bought it yesterday, flipped through it last night, took it to work today and read a page or 2 whenever I got a chance. I like his diligent research, writing style and obvious love of beer. It's 300 pages, full of technical information, cool anecdotes and tidbits of hard-won knowledge you just can't get from a textbook or how-to article. Buy this.

(I have no financial interest in the book. In fact, I paid full retail for it in a shop so I didn't have to wait for it to arrive).
    barfdiggs likes this.
  2. Just finished reading another 30 pages; fully agree.
    barfdiggs likes this.
  3. barfdiggs

barfdiggs Savant (420) California Mar 22, 2011

Ditto. Found it very useful (Technical aspects and stories), and entertaining... read it cover to cover the first night I got it and have since reread it a couple times.
  4. An excellent writer. Very good book.
  5. pweis909

pweis909 Advocate (705) Wisconsin Aug 13, 2005

I'm enjoying it. I'm not sure that how it will alter my homebrewing, but am interested in it nonetheless.