1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Fort Collins Beer Help

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by mikekydd, May 8, 2013.

1. mikekydd

mikekydd Disciple (70) Nov 29, 2012

I will be in Fort Collins next week and would appreciate input on which breweries to visit and which to avoid. Also do you have any favorite beers that I shouldn't miss? My prefered beers are 90 Minute IPA, Zombie Dust and Founders Centenial. Thank you.

mike

2. Steve_0

Steve_0 Savant (275) Colorado Mar 14, 2012

Brewery-wise I would check out Funkwerks, Odell, New Belgium, and Equinox. I can't speak to Black Bottle, as I have not been there yet, but I hear good things. The mayor of Old Town, Choice City Butcher, Cafe Vino, and Tap n Handle are all great beer bars to check out. Choice City has exceptional food and a great tap/beer list and is probably my favorite restaurant to hit when I am in town. Coopersmiths is also worth checking out and is a cool little brewpub with an awesome vibe and great food. Really all you need to know is that ALMOST anything worth checking out in Fort Collins' beer scene is in/near Old Town Ft. Collins. Head down there with a bike and you can check out anything you want within a few short miles of each other.

tacosandbeer and Dtapeski like this.
  3. mikekydd

mikekydd Disciple (70) Nov 29, 2012

Thank you.

4. Don't sleep on Choice City. Such a great place

tacosandbeer likes this.
  5. buffs9

buffs9 Savant (450) Colorado Apr 28, 2008

Definitely grab lunch and a beer at Choice City. You can walk over to Tap and Handle (about 50 yards away) and check to see it they have anything solid on tap. I would go to Odell and grab any and all IPAs they have on, they always have IPA and Myrcenary (as you're a fan). You can check The Mayor of Old Town and Black Bottles taplists online...

tacosandbeer likes this.