Dismiss Notice
Subscribe to BeerAdvocate magazine and get 12 issues / year of fresh beer content delivered to your door each month.

Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Fort Collins Beer Help

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by mikekydd, May 8, 2013.

1. mikekydd

mikekydd Disciple (70) Nov 29, 2012

I will be in Fort Collins next week and would appreciate input on which breweries to visit and which to avoid. Also do you have any favorite beers that I shouldn't miss? My prefered beers are 90 Minute IPA, Zombie Dust and Founders Centenial. Thank you.

mike

2. Steve_0

Steve_0 Savant (320) Colorado Mar 14, 2012 Verified

Brewery-wise I would check out Funkwerks, Odell, New Belgium, and Equinox. I can't speak to Black Bottle, as I have not been there yet, but I hear good things. The mayor of Old Town, Choice City Butcher, Cafe Vino, and Tap n Handle are all great beer bars to check out. Choice City has exceptional food and a great tap/beer list and is probably my favorite restaurant to hit when I am in town. Coopersmiths is also worth checking out and is a cool little brewpub with an awesome vibe and great food. Really all you need to know is that ALMOST anything worth checking out in Fort Collins' beer scene is in/near Old Town Ft. Collins. Head down there with a bike and you can check out anything you want within a few short miles of each other.

tacosandbeer and Dtapeski like this.
  3. mikekydd

mikekydd Disciple (70) Nov 29, 2012

Thank you.

4. FishPondManager

FishPondManager Advocate (520) Colorado Feb 28, 2012 Verified

Don't sleep on Choice City. Such a great place

tacosandbeer likes this.
  5. buffs9

buffs9 Savant (495) Colorado Apr 28, 2008 Verified

Definitely grab lunch and a beer at Choice City. You can walk over to Tap and Handle (about 50 yards away) and check to see it they have anything solid on tap. I would go to Odell and grab any and all IPAs they have on, they always have IPA and Myrcenary (as you're a fan). You can check The Mayor of Old Town and Black Bottles taplists online...

tacosandbeer likes this.