1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Founders Black Party - 4/21 - who's going?

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by genuinedisciple, Apr 4, 2012.

1. genuinedisciple

genuinedisciple Member

I'm pretty excited about this event again this year and I'm wondering what other BAers are coming. I'm thinking of organizing something on Fri night or Sat morning in line...any interest?
  2. founder26

founder26 Member

I would if I didn't have my daughters birthday party...
  3. Chadbrochill

Chadbrochill Member

4. Chadbrochill

Chadbrochill Member

do you think there will be a big line? i was going to try and show up around 11-12ish
  5. monitorpop

monitorpop Member

I'm going. I arrived about 10 minutes before they opened last year and there were maybe 15 or so people waiting. My friend arrived about 2 hours after open and had to wait a few minutes to get in. Can't say what this year will bring, but I don't plan on arriving way ahead of time.
  6. genuinedisciple

genuinedisciple Member

I also arrived at 8 at KBS last year...Even though it isn't a bottle release, I think it'll be crazier than last year. I was 1st in line last year and got there around 9:45am. I'm going to get there early again and get a BAers only table.
  7. travMI13

travMI13 Member

Went the last 2 years, and absolutely loved it. Most likely can't swing it this year. Kinda sucks because it's always a great time, and Founders usually brings it with their taplist.
  8. adamdd

adamdd Member

Just in case anyone wanted to see the poster:
    [​IMG]
    smutty33 and redblacks75 like this.
  9. Hanzo

Hanzo Member

BBQ Dirty Bastard Bratwursts?

Sounds appetizing.
  10. FINEBEERGUY

FINEBEERGUY Member

You know I will be there. Just dont post anymore to this page it will just raises the hype......oh now I've done it.
    raymo55 likes this.
  11. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Member

Thinking about making the trip as I will be in Michigan for work the previous week anyway. Sounds like a fun weekend trip to me!
  12. BeRanger

BeRanger Member

Will this require taking off work on Friday and camping out all night to not be 500th in line like at KBS?

I should probably be proactive and just take off Thursday as well, just in case. :)
    raymo55 likes this.
  13. NSaad23

NSaad23 Member

Just file a bunch of extensions and take off from Monday, just in case.
  14. sullenbee

sullenbee Member

Thanks for the reminder. Almost forgot to request this day off.
  15. steebo777

steebo777 Member

Always a fun time! I've been 2 of the past 3 years and it is always very well done.

Unfortunately I have to be up north for a family event. Luckily it's in Bellaire so I'll be at Short's all day that day :D
  16. genuinedisciple

genuinedisciple Member

Actually, this event is horrible & everyone should stay away...seriously, Founders tricks you by telling you that they have special "barrel-aged beers," but what they don't tell you is that it's All Day IPA in Cabernet Barrels....on 2nd thought, that doesn't sound too bad.
    Jakers90 likes this.
  17. Chadbrochill

Chadbrochill Member

I here those dude's with the big blue tarp temp from the kbs release are going to camp out at 5pm again. Also the dude with the Boondocksaints tattoo is going to be there with his little dogs.
  18. psykosis

psykosis Member

Want to go, but I'm likely saving my beer budget for the month for Short's Anniversary Party. :/
  19. frazbri

frazbri Member

I'll be there. Not sure how early, but I'll be there.
  20. BeRanger

BeRanger Member

I really should look into putting together one of those. I'm sort of in denial - if I added up what I spent on beer I'd probably cry. Who said ignorance isnt bliss?
  21. travMI13

travMI13 Member

Not guaranteeing KBS on tap all day, eh? Man.... Kinda rough. Two years ago, they had two years of KBS, KBS nitro, CBS, plus other on tap all day. Last year, only KBS was on tap all day, with 1 (to my knowledge) CBS tapping. How quickly times have changed.

All that being said, I still wish I could go. They should brew that Citra Black again. That was great.
  22. sullenbee

sullenbee Member

I was there that year. It was glorious, having KBS and CBS side by side. To this day though, I still can't decide which one I like better. Also, Death was one of my favorites. And made for stupid conversations all night long. (I've been sipping on Death for a while... I'd like more Death please...) Can't wait to see what specialty surprises they will have this year.
  23. travMI13

travMI13 Member

I totally forgot about Death! That was outstanding too. Thanks for that reminder. Now I am sad....
  24. JohnB87

JohnB87 Member

Maple del Noche. Enough said.
  25. steebo777

steebo777 Member

Syzrup of Doom.

'nuff said.
    raymo55 likes this.
  26. beerindex

beerindex Member

Seriously doubtful, since I'll be back in GR in May, and the end of April is a bit of a busy time for me. That said, since my parents live there and I can accordingly accordingly get by on splitting gas with a friend plus the cost of the event, I'm considering it. A bit of a schlep, but not beyond the realm of reasonable.
  27. Dcv

Dcv Member

I plan on being there, but I won't be drinking in line. There are going to be a lot of beers on tap that I want to try. You don't really need to show up early, unless you want to make sure you get a table inside.
  28. trginter

trginter Member

Damn, same day as Notre Dame's spring game. Beer or Football....
  29. MichPaul

MichPaul Member

I MUST MAKE IT TO THIS! please nothing come up....please nothing come up...
    More than likely I will be there!
  30. WhitePumpkin

WhitePumpkin Member

31. frazbri

frazbri Member

Is that a rhetorical question?
  32. TotallyHosed

TotallyHosed Member

Would it be rhetorical if El Terrible was defending El Campeonato Mundial de Peso Completo?
    frazbri likes this.
  33. osubuckeye99

osubuckeye99 Member

Do any of you know if they have done a Barrel Aged version of Imperial Stout? If so, have you had it? I love all of the barrel aged beers that Founders releases, and Imperial Stout is probably my favorite of the style and one of my favorites in their lineup.
  34. JohnB87

JohnB87 Member

They had some BA FIS last year. It lasted until about 2 p.m. from what I hear. I arrived at 4.
  35. genuinedisciple

genuinedisciple Member

The BAFis was #1 on my list last year.
  36. monitorpop

monitorpop Member

Yes, it was my favorite tap at last years Black Party.
  37. brkstoutfiend

brkstoutfiend Member

It's amazing, I hope it's one of the upcoming Backstage releases.
  38. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Member

I should be going. I'm praying they have CBS there.
  39. jbck109

jbck109 Member

I am, I have to work till 11 though, so I will look for your table, and miss the sharing.
  40. steebo777

steebo777 Member

Best BA brew they make by far. I didn't get any last year but have had it multiple times there.