Founders Black Party - 4/21 - who's going?

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by genuinedisciple, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Itoclown

Itoclown Savant (275) Michigan Jun 19, 2008

I'll be there. You buy tickets before hand so I doubt it'll be the mess that KBS was... But well... I didn't think that was possible either so we'll see how this goes. If it is a mess... I'm done with releases and special events forever.

2. jobbenedict

jobbenedict Initiate (0) Apr 6, 2012

I thought you buy tickets at the door

3. jobbenedict

jobbenedict Initiate (0) Apr 6, 2012

I'm thinking about going to this. Do you guys think it's worth it?

4. C2H5

C2H5 Savant (445) Illinois Jan 7, 2012

5. Jose2412

Jose2412 Savant (250) Michigan Feb 25, 2012

I was going to make a sarcastic comment on how I will be there waiting in line as the brew pub closes but I don't think the majority would appreciate the humor...

6. raymo55

raymo55 Savant (475) Michigan Oct 3, 2011

Nope

7. ChadlyG

ChadlyG Aficionado (155) Michigan Oct 9, 2011

See y'all there!

8. Itoclown

Oh damn I didn't read that right that the tickets are sold at the door. Uh oh...

9. npaauwe

npaauwe Zealot (95) Michigan Jan 23, 2012

From dusk til dawn baby. Banking on CBS. Praying for some awesome barleywine, their cherry stout which was on tap a couple months ago. Hope they have some of that Del Noche stuff, I hear only great things. Probably not gonna be a good time at all.

10. BeRanger

BeRanger Savant (485) Michigan Dec 11, 2011

Pray for some Sumantra brown.

11. Cant wait for some diablo del noche action.

12. raymo55

THIS!

13. npaauwe

npaauwe Zealot (95) Michigan Jan 23, 2012

Dont get me wrong I LOVE the Sumatra but it is brown after all -__-

But if you can wish for Sumatra then I'm holding out for some more Better Half! Aghh!

Oh boy, so excited.

14. gustogasmic

gustogasmic Savant (315) Michigan Jan 13, 2012

I want to go but have to work the AM- till 3pm or so. Would it be worth going at 4ish?

15. publius76

publius76 Aficionado (105) Indiana Apr 16, 2012

This will be my first time attending. Suggestions on what time one ought to arrive?

16. frazbri

frazbri Advocate (695) Ohio Oct 29, 2003

In the past, the answer was "yes, it's definately worth it". With the present explosion of crazy beer release lines and other hop hysteria, I'd amend that answer to "yes, but it's hard to say what you're in for".

17. adamdd

adamdd Savant (340) Michigan May 9, 2011

By 4 or 5 PM (I wish I didn't have to clarify AM vs. PM) last year, it took almost an hour to get in. Once they reach a critical mass inside, they don't let new people in until others leave. The weather should be decent, so the extra space on the patio should help.

18. Agold

Agold Advocate (510) Pennsylvania Mar 13, 2010

Anyone going from chicago got 2 extra spots in their car? Would be happy to chip in for gas/beerz. Thought I had transport, but apparently the universe is conspiring against me ever getting to founders.

19. I have been going to this for a long time, and it gets crazier every year. I just hope they still have some goodies on tap by like 7pm. Not likely, but you can wish, right?

20. Itoclown

I'm heading there but probably not until 4 or 5. I'm not rushing for this. If they have goodies on, then great. If not, whatever, Founders rarely disappoints.

21. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (545) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

Black Party early or late always delivers.

Any of those KBS blue canopy Chicago dudes camping out again? Didn't know if they were gonna put black food color in their Busch light cans to celebrate for the party.

elephantrider likes this.
  22. raymo55

I hear they were going to cut the allocation to half of a Black Party...so maybe everyone will hate Founders again and not show up!

Also, I need to break out that list of BAs who wrote off Founders after KBS release to see how many of them show up to Black Party. :p

23. You mad bro?

24. dblab33

dblab33 Savant (365) Michigan Dec 9, 2011

I have a list of BAs that came out to SE Michigan and didn't hit me up to go to Kuhnhenns. There's only one name on it.

See you Saturday perhaps?!

25. StoutFest

StoutFest Savant (315) Illinois Dec 15, 2009

At 11am when doors open.

26. publius76

publius76 Aficionado (105) Indiana Apr 16, 2012

That's what I figured. Guess I'll have to psyche myself up for drinking at 11 :)

27. raymo55

Haha...sorry...I thought you came in a package deal with Ryan....and he backed out on me! If we don't have a softball practice Saturday...I will be there!

28. raymo55

Insert joke here ----->

29. Gfhislop

Gfhislop Aspirant (35) Mar 14, 2012

Very much considering going. With classes and family responsibilities I rarely get to venture out of the thumb. Anyone else from st Clair area planning on heading out for this? Maybe split gas costs, etc.

30. travMI13

travMI13 Savant (375) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

Really wish I was going to this. Bummer. Somebody have something good for me, preferably something brewpub only.

31. JohnB87

JohnB87 Savant (360) Michigan Mar 14, 2011

So damn excited for this. My cousin wants us to show up around 3, but I think that might be a little late for the good stuff and we will probably be waiting in line for quite a while.

I brought up some Bourbon Barrel Plead the Fifth if anybody wants to trade or is waiting in line around the same time and wants a pour.

I assume that they will still allow you to buy growlers of the tier 1 and 2 stuff?

32. paslaugh

paslaugh Aficionado (170) Illinois Feb 17, 2012

I actually didn't have a problem with these guys camping out. My problem was that their group of about 8 people doubled in size about one hour before they started handing out line tickets.

33. GRrich

GRrich Aspirant (30) Apr 18, 2012

Can't wait! Add to it tonight's IPA Party at HopCat (starts at 4:20), and we have the makings of an epic beer weekend.

34. GRrich

GRrich Aspirant (30) Apr 18, 2012

...and the taplist for tonight's Hopcat party

Firkins:
    Fri-HopSlam
    Sat-Odd Side Dry hopped Imp. Citra IPA

Drafts:
    Dark Horse Artic Dekoorc Eert
    Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree
    Livery Bier Munro
    Arbor Buzz Saw
    Mt. Pleasant Freight Train
    Leinenkugel Big Eddy Imp IPA
    Brewery Vivant Trebuchet
    Atwater Conniption Fit
    Rogue John John Juniper (actually a pale by category but an awesome pine/hop BOMB)
    Dogfish Head Burton Baton
    Founders Double Trouble '10
    Founders Double Trouble '12
    Shorts Anniversary Ale
    Flying Dog Double Dog
    HopCat Hopasaur
    HopCat Raging Centaur
    Shorts Huma
    Arcadia HopMouth
    Arcadia Hop Rocket
    Sierra Nevada Hoptimum

35. Founders Double Trouble '10...ummm, why?

36. founder26

founder26 Savant (460) Michigan Sep 9, 2009

EXACTLY what I said when I saw that!

37. Dcv

Dcv Savant (250) Michigan Nov 12, 2009

They may stagger the releases of the BA stuff. Last year they tapped CBS hours after they opened, of course it only lasted 35 minutes.

38. JohnB87

Yeah, it was never put on the board. All they did was put up the Canadian flag, which was never taken down. I wouldn't know this because I was bearing the cold outside because it was the only place to sit. It was still my favorite beer event of the year though.

39. JohnB87

Also, does anybody know if Founders fills growlers from other breweries?