1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Founders Brewing 2013 Release Calendar

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by FATC1TY, Dec 25, 2012.

1. I've only had it fresh so I'm not sure.

2. scraff

scraff Aficionado (245) Maryland Apr 18, 2003

I'm shocked nobody said anything yet about the pricing.

"Going forward, “specialty” releases will be sold in four-packs for $11.99 suggested retail price. In 2013, the specialty list includes Imperial Stout, Curmudgeon Old Ale, KBS, Double Trouble, Devil Dancer, Rübæus, Red’s Rye PA, Harvest Ale and Backwoods Bastard".

$11.99 for KBS 4 packs? Bourbon County what? Never heard of it. ;)

alelover likes this.
  3. glad to hear raspberries are finally affordable to make the Rubaeus, however, I'm still waiting to see the Paisley Park Pomegranate again!

4. Bay01

Bay01 Savant (435) Illinois Nov 19, 2008

If I'm reading that correctly that makes KBS, Backwoods, and Curmudgeon absolute steals.

5. Blanco

Blanco Advocate (500) Pennsylvania Oct 11, 2008

I saw that, but since it's only a suggest retail price, I don't expect it to materialize for me the consumer at the end of the third tier.

Rimbimhoot likes this.
  6. JohnB87

JohnB87 Savant (325) Michigan Mar 14, 2011

Considering how awesome Blushing Monk is right meow, I'd love to try some aged Rubaeus.

7. gpawned

gpawned Initiate (0) Illinois Jun 5, 2012

I accidentally bought a year old 4pk of Cerise (2011) when the 2012 came out and did a side by side. The red color had faded to golden, the fruit forward sweetness had faded and it had become more tart (like a sour cherry pie). Yes...it ages well. All of my friends save one preferred the year old bottle (the other prefers lindemans to cantillon).

8. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (855) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

Yeah KBS is probably not going to sell at the suggested retail price..

9. Only at stores that don't know any better. Most places will hike it up, and people will pay it....including me :/

10. Stevedore

Ain't that the truth. If I'm lucky enough to get my hands on a few bottles at release, I'll have to pay the piper. And I suppose I'll do it happily for at least a 4-pack.

11. founder26

founder26 Savant (460) Michigan Sep 9, 2009

what about at founders on release day?

12. Stevedore

Of course, that would probably be the exception. For those of us who live a bit further away, it's probably going to be a war.

13. founder26

founder26 Savant (460) Michigan Sep 9, 2009

even still I cannot believe that founders would only charge 12 bucks a 4pack on release day, that is a freaking steal!

14. kylelenk

kylelenk Savant (385) Michigan Apr 17, 2012

I have to believe that was a misstatement at $12 for KBS unless they are selling non-profit. I feel like cost on that beer is exponentially higher than Curmudge or BWB.