1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Founders coming to Ontario

Discussion in 'Canada' started by daryk77, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Yes, Pino confirms Centennial in the warehouse now, and that other Founders have already been tested in the "labs of science that protect us at the LCBO".

SebD and Rutager like this.
  2. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any of the seasonal releases to show up in the near future, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pale Ale, Porter, Red's Rye or Dirty Bastard arrive in the coming months.

3. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

This reminds me of Brooklyn and Southern Tier.
    I still hate the LCBO. But easier access to anything craft I'll take.

4. Red's Rye isn't year round anymore in bottles. It's now in their limited release category (ala Imperial Stout). Sucks because it's one of their best!

5. Did anybody LOL at Dirty Bastard in the LCBO? I mean come on.

6. I can only imagine the price tag for this...

7. same or lower than in most US states, as LCBO is the largest buyer in the world

8. Why do we pay $13.55 for a 6 of Brooklyn Lager then?

kjyost likes this.
  9. Ummm... what? Really? Yeah... it is 10.50$ in NYS, it isn't going to be less, it isn't going to be the same. You can bank on this being 14 - 16$.

10. It will be around 13 or so....same as our locals

11. Pretty much. If Samuel Adams products are $7.99 at Wegmans in Buffalo and $13.60 here and Founders is $10.50 there then.........LCBO minimum price point rules.

Obviously when it comes in if you see it then back up a truck, if you are a fan, cause it wont stick around long. If you dont live in the GTA then you gotta hope your main store gets more than 4 - 6 packs.

PS I think northyorksammy was being sarcastic, at least I hope so....

12. PS I think northyorksammy was being sarcastic, at least I hope so....

here I go again
    should be good pricing on next Founders' (multiple beers) they bring in

13. Errr this sounds like a general list, so not really any reason to get twitchy about it (though I'm sure some will).

And Sammy's right, it will be a reasonable price. Are folks expecting an import to be cheaper than the country of origin?

14. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

Folks, we're talking about a couple extra bucks a sixer for brews from one of the best breweries in the world.
    Skip Timmy's for a day and pony up for Founders.

tbadiuk, decimator and TheSevenDuffs like this.
  15. Agreed but i'd skip Timmy's for more than a day ;)

kjyost likes this.