1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Founder's Event at Ashley's in Ann Arbor

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by iceatalamo, May 10, 2012.

1. patol8

patol8 Aficionado (215) Michigan Jul 6, 2010

It was, a lot of people didn't get the joke and got all butthurt over it. Its amazing how stupid and gullible some people are today.

xerenthar likes this.
  2. Tony412

Tony412 Savant (255) Michigan Jan 26, 2012

If you wear a wolverine football helmet, a DUI shouldn't be an issue. You would have to be Darryl Stonum dumb to get in trouble in that city. With most of the students gone, be careful not to run over the influx of walmart shoppers stumbling around that city.

3. wintbs379

wintbs379 Savant (300) Michigan Mar 13, 2009

Stay classy Tony412

4. Tony412

Did I say something inaccurate? Do you need the butthurt report form to fill out? I swear wolverine fan can't take what they attempt to dish out.

5. wintbs379

Dish out whatever you like...calling a 21 year old kid dumb is lowbrow

6. Tony412

Should I have called him an idiot instead? He was given preferential treatment on his first offense, which saved his scholarship and probably his future. He goes out and repeats his actions and throws away an opportunity that doesn't come around often, a free ride at a top collegiate institution. An opportunity to have his degree paid for and get national exposure on the football field. He threw it away, he is dumb, or an idiot, which ever you prefer.

7. patol8

patol8 Aficionado (215) Michigan Jul 6, 2010

Stonum was dumb, doesn't matter if you're a UM or MSU fan, he threw away the opportunity of a lifetime. He drove drunk twice and then lied to his probation officer.

Tony412 likes this.
  8. MichPaul

MichPaul Advocate (710) Michigan Jan 28, 2012

Founders is the bomb, and Sparty blows!

steebo777 likes this.
  9. wintbs379

We all can agree on this for sure

10. I think we can agree, that there are a lot of dumb student athletes out there, no matter what school they go to.

11. uofm swallows!

12. I know, how did this thread turn to this.....

I just wanted to give people a heads-up on great beer in a terrible city, look what I started!. See you all there!

13. MichPaul

MichPaul Advocate (710) Michigan Jan 28, 2012

Yeah, some of the posts were in bad taste. I took mine down. Anyway, enjoy the good brew in a WONDERFUL city! Go blue!

14. bump in case someone missed this.

15. Is there specific times certain beers will be tapped? Or is it all on at 6?

16. They probably won't announce tapping times until the event, but if prior events are any indication, they'll stagger the big beers throughout the evening.

17. KBS 6:30
    CBS 7:15
    Better Half 8:00

Just received an email.

18. JDizzle

JDizzle Savant (405) Indiana Aug 24, 2010

CBS!!!!!!!!!????? Fuck Yeah!! I'll be there at 5 to sample some other beers on tap before.

19. JDizzle

Had CBS in the bottle and was not a fan. Big mess of flavors. Can't wait to try it on tap!

20. abraxel

abraxel Savant (385) Michigan Aug 28, 2009

Shhhh you were supposed to keep that a secret :p

The first time I had CBS was from the bottle, and it was quite good, but a little underwhelming. When I had it on tap, though, it blew me away. Definitely looking forward to it.

21. JDizzle

The nemesis is 09'. Unreal! Can't wait to try it.

22. Founder's brought it strong!!!

CBS out of a urinal would be amazing

23. JDizzle

Never mind, it turned out to be Founders Fest Wheat instead of 09' Nemesis. They put on 10' Nemesis instead. Bummer, but it's all good.

24. Nice too meet you Jdizzle.....rotated seats with my buddy at the bar. Pleasure drinking
    With you.

Rob whoever you are....you should have just took my seat at the bar!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Left to right...Backwoods Bastard, KBS, CBS, Better Half
    Oh yeah

25. landrewg

landrewg Aficionado (235) Michigan Nov 11, 2008

Fantastic list but no 09 Nemesis, it is 2010--what a gyp! Serioiusly great tho. Backwoods, KBS,CBS and Better Half. Plus all the regulars and Cerise! Thank you Ashleys!

26. JDizzle

CBS is a let down again....

KBS shined along with better half though.

27. landrewg

landrewg Aficionado (235) Michigan Nov 11, 2008

Disagree strongly! CBS was awesome! KBS pure coffee. Backwoods Bastard has been great every time.

28. Yeah, as usual the CBS was amazing, both glasses I had. Also met and talked with Beau from Founder's, cool cat.

All around, awesome event, wish I could have stayed longer.....

29. JDizzle

CBS was a let down for me..... KBS was better by far, which has not been the case in past. Better Half was money!

30. JDizzle

Nice to meet you vivasbeer! Finally met a BA!

31. szmnnl99

szmnnl99 Advocate (680) Michigan Apr 3, 2006

Anyone think the CBS will be left for tomorrow?

32. abraxel

abraxel Savant (385) Michigan Aug 28, 2009

...but in all seriousness, no, it's long gone. Founders events at Ashley's get crazy.

vytamink22 likes this.