1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Founders Expands Distribution to Florida

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by oN3xM, Apr 5, 2013.

1. oN3xM

oN3xM Member

http://foundersbrewing.com/latest-news/2013/founders-beer-distributed-in-florida/

Beginning in May, Founders will be distributed through Brown Distribution in Florida.
  2. Qwest_35

Qwest_35 Member

One less brewery I have to trade for, kudos to Founders! I'm counting the days!
  3. MikeTen

MikeTen Member

I only saw the first half of the title from the main page and was desperately hoping it ended with "California."
    Halcyondays likes this.
  4. MortalKombat14

MortalKombat14 Member

They'll probably be there in a couple years at the most
  5. MikeTen

MikeTen Member

I've been hearing that for a couple of years. :)
  6. MortalKombat14

MortalKombat14 Member

Yeah but they are expanding to Florida and Texas in a couple of months. They also tripled their output of beer last year and are still expanding this year. Keep positive fellow BA
    MikeTen likes this.
  7. Frankinstiener

Frankinstiener Member

Hope this doesn't mean less Backwoods Bastard for me, its becoming a pain in the earhole to get and it used to be a favorite of mine.
    ufmj, GetMeAnIPA and KhakCane like this.
  8. beerindaglass

beerindaglass Member

Still cant find out WHAT we'll be getting. Some is better than none, but i hope it's more than Goose Island started us off with.
  9. sfoley333

sfoley333 Member

I cant believe that Founders has been importing to Brazil for the last year but still isnt available in California. Just bought some Breakfast stout and Backwoods Bastard. Pretty good but pretty expensive.
  10. MortalKombat14

MortalKombat14 Member

Take a drive up to Founders in November this year and buy as much as you want. They had plenty in their fridge to buy for 3 weeks in November last year. I live on the east side of Michigan and that's what I'm going to do this year. I'll probably buy at least 2 cases. Probably will also drive out to FFF since I'm driving westward and have never had their beer
  11. jb123

jb123 Member

wishing other breweries followed this.
  12. fehrminator

fehrminator Member

Enjoy your one bottle of kbs!
    oN3xM likes this.
  13. Frankinstiener

Frankinstiener Member

Not a bad idea, My GF's dad lives in Traverse City and I take the long drive a couple times a year. Both Founders and FFF are right on the way. And even though FFF is only an hour and 15 minutes from my house I usually stop at FFF or Founders to grab lunch and beer. I just have to schedule a trip in Novemer which is a weird time to go but Ill find an excuse. We usually go in winter for snowmobiling or summer for obvious reasons.
  14. MrNate

MrNate Member

I really don't know if I can contain my excitement! I think I am going to need to crack open a Huna to celebrate!
  15. beerindaglass

beerindaglass Member

Oh, I will, If I'm lucky enough to get one! It's one more than I would have had pre-distribution. And yes, I'll pay 20 bucks a bottle without running to BA and typing out a complaint.
  16. Giantspace

Giantspace Member

Hope you get fresh beer in Florida. Founders here in PA is usually old when it gets here.

Enjoy
  17. GetMeAnIPA

GetMeAnIPA Member

I was at my local bottle shop the other day when the main buyer just got of the phone with his distributor and walks up to me and says "you know who is coming to CA in 2014? Founders and Cigar City." Also said Bells already signed a contract for CA too.

Until the brewey actually announces it nothing is for sure but this was from a pretty reliable source.....I am keeping my fingers crossed!!
    MikeTen likes this.
  18. GetMeAnIPA

GetMeAnIPA Member

I received that as in extra on my last trade and that beer blew my mind. Had both the dirty and backwoods bastard back to back. It was a good night!
  19. beerindaglass

beerindaglass Member

Good luck on the CCB. I mean that, its great and I hope ya'll do get it. We just started getting it in the panhandle of Florida 2 months ago. This month we got a whopping 1 pallet of Jai Alai and 1 pallet of Cracker. Shut us out of Maduro due to a shortage. They have so much in state demand and so little supply, I'd be suprised to see them anywhere OOS anytime soon. Distributor said they opened a tap room in the airport in Tampa and it's draining their supply? Who knows...
  20. GetMeAnIPA

GetMeAnIPA Member

I find it pretty hard to believe CCB would travel all the way to CA. CCB reminds me of Russian River where the demand in state, and even at their own brewery is so high they can barley keep up with it.

GL scoring some Jai Alai....cheers!
    kpanter likes this.
  21. aasher

aasher Member

This is going to make people in the Midwest happy ;)
  22. shand

shand Member

Brown is a fantastic distributor, the product should be fresh without question.
    BeastLU, kpanter and MADPolo like this.
  23. zachattack555

zachattack555 Member

Great. Now hopefully their limited releases will be so limited that every store gets one 4-pk. Then each store will have to host some sort of Hunger Games type contest where the last 4 people standing (and alive) get a bottle. Can't wait.
    Bung likes this.
  24. BlackDragon

BlackDragon Member

Us Michigan people need to start a petition to keep all the CBS KBS and other limited stuff in Michigan or even brew pub only since its clear even if they make 3x more like their claiming they won't be able to supply all these markets
  25. Ruger

Ruger Member

Great! Just in time! I'll be down there almost all summer.
  26. Qwest_35

Qwest_35 Member

I talked to a guy that works for Brown today, he told me that TW will have their first shipment the first week of May. When I asked about what they were gonna start out us out with, he said the full line, so today was a good day.
    kpanter and MADPolo like this.
  27. kpanter

kpanter Member

Thanks to everyone laying out the info in here. Glad to know that Founders is coming to the sunshine state. It's hard drinking CCB all the time ;)
    powpig2002 likes this.
  28. gunhaver

gunhaver Member

yeah there's pretty much zero chance CCB will be in California anytime soon. the demand in Florida is insane and then there's tons of other states we'd want to be in before California, namely all the Southeastern states
    cyrushire and RayUF07 like this.
  29. GetMeAnIPA

GetMeAnIPA Member

When you say "we" are you involved with the brewery? I find it hard to believe CCB would end up in Cali over all the other states. I just hope some of what he says is true and at least founders or bells will be in Cali in 2014.
  30. MADPolo

MADPolo Zealot

Yes he is.
  31. GetMeAnIPA

GetMeAnIPA Member

Thanks for the info. I'll just have to keep traded for CCB.....cheers!
  32. phishbfm

phishbfm Member

How about NC? *wink* *wink* /hijack
    flipdog0 likes this.
  33. BeastLU

BeastLU Member

Send jai alai to VA again!
  34. Immortale25

Immortale25 Member

Anybody have any further info on when Founders is getting here? I called Brown and they seemed pretty clueless.
  35. MADPolo

MADPolo Zealot

Pushed to June.
  36. jcb7472

jcb7472 Member

DISLIKE...(but thanks for the heads up)
  37. Immortale25

Immortale25 Member

38. adam42381

adam42381 Member

I talked to a Brown rep recently and he wasn't sure of the dates. Sucks that they're pushing back to June.
  39. Qwest_35

Qwest_35 Member

I talked to a Brown rep just about an hour ago, and he say's look for it on shelves beginning June 1st, and the following Friday Founders will be doing a "Founder's Day" which means they will be having tap take-overs in select bars throughout the state. He named a few spots around Fort Lauderdale and Pembroke Pines. This guy is telling me that Founders is doing a big push here in Florida, meaning we will get everything in their line-up, including special release stuff. I don't know about you, but I am counting the day's!
    gjoker321, jcb7472 and kpanter like this.
  40. kpanter

kpanter Member

^If that's true, then hell yeah! that's great news, and it will definitely be great to have another amazing brewery available to us Floridians