1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Founders FIS/FBS Combo

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by ESeab, Feb 6, 2013.

1. ESeab

ESeab Advocate (505) New Jersey Jan 3, 2013

I was just wondering if anyone has tried this combination. I did the Terrapin Wake n Bake/ Moo Hoo combo and I liked it even more than each one on its own. I love me some FBS and FIS and can't even decide which one I like more. This got me thinking, I wonder how they would be together? Has anyone tried this? I'd like to know your thoughts....
  2. kirbmeist

kirbmeist Savant (340) Florida Mar 16, 2012

go for it bro. i just received both in a trade today so if you havent done it by friday night or so you will have my answer by then lol.
  3. tectactoe

tectactoe Advocate (740) Michigan Mar 20, 2012

I'm sure it's probably pretty tasty.... but those beers are just SO good on their own, I wouldn't wanna fuck with 'em. But if you have extra, go for it.
  4. kirbmeist

Yea thats the only thing that gives me some trepidation since i live in FL and dont get Founders yet. Im excited as hell to try my first FIS soon. FBS is probably my favorite beer even though I am a certified hophead. I have heard great things about FIS too. Mostly from you on the forums lol :D
    tectactoe likes this.
  5. tectactoe

You won't be disappointed. I'm a big fan of "hoppy" RIS's, and FIS has a huge hop presence for a stout. Plus it has a nice charred and almost smoky character, something that is hard to find executed so well. If you're ever looking for other Michigan stuff, I'd be happy to trade for some Florida goodies :)
    kirbmeist likes this.
  6. kirbmeist

would love to do something when i have some more cash. sadly i cant do too many trades too often right now. your making me want that FIS even more now lol. You think it pairs well Space Sytems, Aerodynamics, and Feedback Control homework? cause thats what im looking at all night lol.
    tectactoe likes this.
  7. tectactoe

Haha, well as a former ME grad, I can tell you that it paired pretty well in the past with Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, and Heat Transfer! ;)

And no rush on the trading. Beer will always be around :) Just keep it in mind for whenever you're able and/or craving some Michigan treats!
    kirbmeist likes this.
  8. jbck109

jbck109 Savant (295) Michigan May 30, 2010

FIS>FBS by far, you will love it!
  9. slim2043

slim2043 Savant (385) Connecticut Jul 23, 2012

Doing it... Will post my findings
    ESeab, tectactoe and kirbmeist like this.
  10. kirbmeist

Haha very nice im an Aero Eng major. Im always amazed at the number of engineering students and grads i see in here( none of my current engineering buddies are really into the craft beer scene so i thought i might be an outcast until i started browsing the forums all the time). My aero class is basically just fluids, nothing but viscous flow and all that fun stuff. Think ill crack that first FIS now to help get me through all this. Definitely will keep the offer in mind. Won't be too hard either cause i find myself stopping to stare at that avatar 50 times a day :D.
    Hermthegerm and tectactoe like this.
  11. tectactoe

Hahaha, gotcha. Lemme know how the FIS goes!
  12. scud

scud Savant (315) Indiana Sep 22, 2010

This just inspired me...doing it tonight
    ESeab likes this.
  13. kirbmeist

just so you know buddy i received a 4 pack in a trade today as i mentioned earlier. however, i will not turn this offer down if you are set on it lol.
  14. kirbmeist

You have got to be fucking kidding me with this FIS! I think ill begin yelling obscenities now.
    ESeab and tectactoe like this.
  15. ESeab

ESeab Advocate (505) New Jersey Jan 3, 2013

Haha, yeah I just reread that and realized that im illiterate and or dyslexic. Enjoy my friend, il open a FIS to toast to your first tonight. Founders breakfast imperial stout stout tomorrow!
    tectactoe likes this.
  16. kirbmeist

no worries man.

Cheers!
    ESeab likes this.
  17. beercanman

beercanman Savant (485) Ohio Dec 17, 2012

I've done this. Very good but still prefer the one on one.
  18. loafinaround

loafinaround Savant (370) New York Jul 16, 2011

pairs best with pharmacokinetics / drug metabolism :rolleyes: Not like I enjoy that irony or something.
    kirbmeist likes this.
  19. loafinaround

loafinaround Savant (370) New York Jul 16, 2011

know what, i'll try it. I've got both in abundance. I'll report back in a few days :D
    ESeab likes this.