1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Founders Frangelic Mtn Brown

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by jegross2, Jun 27, 2012.

1. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (725) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

Has anyone seen it around yet? If anyone knows any stores selling, feel free to share with me publicly or privately ;). I know it's been released early at some places elsewhere.

I missed out on Parabola (though a good friend hooked me up) and I was really to catch a bottle or two of this brew.

2. Vav

Vav Savant (495) Illinois Jul 27, 2008

It's at the distributor, brewery-requested release date is July 2nd.

raymo55 likes this.
  3. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (725) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

Damn the other markets then

4. raymo55

raymo55 Savant (475) Michigan Oct 3, 2011

Hold on to your panties Jeff! And if you K on this brew...I will hook a brotha up!

jegross2 likes this.
  5. founder26

founder26 Savant (460) Michigan Sep 9, 2009

just read they are doing one growler fill per customer, who wants to trade?

6. I should have 2 coming from a SC retailer. Figured the allotment will be slim in Chicago so at least I don't have to worry about winning any lotteries.

7. jverdo1

jverdo1 Aficionado (155) Illinois Apr 5, 2012

From what I hear, yes I happen to work with the wife of one of the beer sales guys for the madison area, that this special release is the largest of all the previous releases from Founders. So I guess if the guys that follow the beer trucks around on release day don't buy every bottle available there could actually be enough. I swear that the secondary market is going to destroy the entire craft beer movement.

On a secondary note - I'm planning to visit Founders on the 2nd, anyone else making the trip?
    Here's to hoping that they have bottle for sale and before the question is presented - the answer to that question depends on which individual you talk to at the brewery.

CBX was still shipping single bottles with a min purchase of 3 bottles - so if you want it, get to the website already.

8. mike409

mike409 Savant (255) Michigan Jan 25, 2012

I will be there on second

9. Mjmoser

Mjmoser Savant (410) Illinois May 6, 2012

Any idea what the allotments stores will be getting will be?

10. jverdo1

Mike409 are you local - just wondering if anyone has any idea if the brewery will be a zoo on Monday?

11. raymo55

raymo55 Savant (475) Michigan Oct 3, 2011

Its a zoo everyday.

12. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (545) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

I'm leaning towards just stopping there on the 4th on the way home. If they have some left, great, if not, oh well.

13. mike409

no not a local but if you go when they open it should not be too bad, since they are not selling bottles and its one growler each that should keep the ebayers away

raymo55 likes this.
  14. Vav

Vav Savant (495) Illinois Jul 27, 2008

Oh come on, i cant show ALL my cards :p

15. Tried to score one last night at founders. No luck. I guess they have to be a little more guarded than Jackie os ; P. i am only passing thru so i will miss any realease. if anyone is willing to ship a bottle or 2 to new Orleans let me know!

16. loki993

loki993 Aficionado (240) Michigan Apr 16, 2009

Make some calls and see if anyone taking a list. Thats what Im doing.

does anyone have an idea of what this may cost?

17. jverdo1

The rumor is that they are actually going to sell bottles but didn't want another KBS nightmare. I'm just going to make the 5 hour drive and if they have bottle great, if not I'll just grab a growler and be happy with that.

UnderJoath likes this.
  18. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (545) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

I doubt that's true. CBH bottle release at Founders was a smooth operation, and that was on a Monday of a non-Holiday week.

19. Received my package today. Was still skeptical that they would be in there but alas, they were. Hope I paid the shipping fees for no reason and these are all over the shelves for everyone to enjoy.

20. Spartan213

Spartan213 Savant (335) Michigan May 28, 2008

I think I am going to make the drive over to have it on tap but I am not getting my hopes up about bottles being available at the brewery on the 2nd at least.

21. mike409

i am definetly gonna swing by sicilianos sent a message on facebook and was told they should be selling monday but did not know how many they would get

22. jverdo1

Okay, let me put it a different way - if Founders did actually push everything into the distribution system and didn't increase the bottle quantities, there is no doubt that they no longer care about the local market or the people that support them from the beginning. This isn't an aged beer so there is no reason to bottle an small quantity because they control the price.

As for the amout being released in the Madison area - I just finished talking with one of the beer sales-reps for the madison area (I work with his wife) and was told that one pallet is sitting in the warehouse. I have no idea how many cases are on a pallet but he believes it is about 3 to 4 times the number of cases compared to KBS. With those quantities, this beer is not going to be sitting around for long but most people should be able to get at least a bottle.

23. trginter

trginter Savant (390) Michigan Dec 1, 2008

That's like, 50 cases of FMB

24. Any ideas about who will get this around Chicago? Binnys? I'll be getting back later in the evening on the 2nd from Wisconsin and don't want to miss out. Trade? New Glarus for FMB? ;)

25. jverdo1

Remember that the release date is July 2nd and the beer is being held at the distributor warehouses now. Therefore the beer can be sent-out on the beer truck on July 2nd - so if your local store happens to get a shipment on July 2nd they will have the beer. If not, the beer will arrive during the regular scheduled delievery day.

I have a feeling after the KBS early release - Founders will be telling the distributors to not ship the beer until the 2nd. Lets all just face it, most retailors will not hold beer in the back if it can be sold. The SC early release was because the distributor expected the retailors to hold the beer until the 2nd before putting it on the floor - so how did that work out?

26. trginter

trginter Savant (390) Michigan Dec 1, 2008

Find me some BCS and we can talk trade.

founder26 likes this.
  27. markd4

markd4 Aficionado (160) Michigan Aug 15, 2004

I can confirm that there will NOT be bottles of FMB available at the brewery on Monday (2nd). However, it will be on draft when we open that day, and we will allow ONE growler fill per person. FMB is a Class II product in our Taproom, meaning it will be priced the same as other Class II's (BS, IS, DT, etc.)

Ronnie_Lemaster and raymo55 like this.
  28. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) California Aug 19, 2008

Any idea where I should be looking in NW Michigan? I'm heading to Benzie County tomorrow and will be up there through the 6th, which makes me worry it will all be gone in Grand Rapids by the time I drive back through. I called Beverage Company in Traverse City and the manager claimed he wasn't ordering any, and I called Jack's Market, and they said they were closing.

This might be a complete failure of a mission, but I thought I would ask. Should I try at Meijer?

29. I am currently 50/50 if I make the trip out there or not. The fact that they are not having bottles prevents me from being 100%. Is there any indication that they will eventually sell bottles at the brewery?

30. beerhan

beerhan Savant (400) Ohio Apr 28, 2010

Does anyone happen to know if cases of devil dancer are on sale yet?

31. the shop here got devil dancer to release on same day but had not received their FMB yet

32. Anyone know if this will be in OH? (Cleveland area)

33. Any word on if Chicago Binnys are going to have this tomorrow?

34. chanokokoro

chanokokoro Advocate (590) Illinois Jan 31, 2012

No was wondering the same thing. My guess is that they'll get it on their normal delivery day this week.

35. Happy FMB day!!! Let the games begin...

36. mike409

heading up to founders for some on tap in a few

37. Same here, see you up there Mike

38. kdmcguire10

kdmcguire10 Savant (365) Michigan Jul 15, 2011

Will be there.

39. beergurujr

beergurujr Savant (370) Illinois Oct 27, 2003

Let the phone calls and emails begin (at 9am)!

40. jgagne

jgagne Savant (330) Kentucky Feb 23, 2011

How much would you guys guess for the cost of a bottle?